ADVERTISEMENT

Gov. Pritzker calls up National Guard, declares disaster after Texas buses 500 migrants to Chicago

A

anon_6hv78pr714xta

I'm not sure where this ends (Texas's new policy of busing migrants and Chicago's response) but I don't think it is going to be pretty.
The same guy that's a big Biden supporter.

It seems Pritzker and Lightfoot's largest gripe is that Abbott did not coordinate with them or offer advance notice. Is that the policy of sanctuary cities now? We will take your undocumented and provide for them, just as long as you do it on our terms.

"Give us your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore."

But please be sure you clear it with us in advance and we want all your federal funding...........

As a Chicagoan I do not like it. Perhaps I shall go down to Union Station and throw rocks at them. Chicago winter is coming.

Last edited:

I'm not sure where this ends (Texas's new policy of busing migrants and Chicago's response) but I don't think it is going to be pretty.
Chicago has had a disaster in its city for over a decade with its murders but they never seemed to care before. This is all about optics.

It seems Pritzker and Lightfoot's largest gripe is that Abbott did not coordinate with them or offer advance notice. Is that they policy of sanctuary cities now? We will take your undocumented and provide for them, just as long as you do it on our terms.

"Give us your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore."

But please be sure you clear it with us in advance...........

As a Chicagoan I do not like it. Perhaps I shall go down to Union Station and throw rocks at them. Chicago winter is coming.
They got what they always claimed they wanted so they just need to be quiet and suck it up.

Chicago has had a disaster in its city for over a decade with its murders but they never seemed to care before. This is all about optics.
They got what they always claimed they wanted so they just need to be quiet and suck it up.
You're acting as if he's calling up the Guard to repel invaders. But he's actually calling up the NG and signing the declaration of disaster in order to acquire the means to help these people. I'd say that's a good thing...

"Gov. J.B. Pritzker is signing a disaster proclamation to secure resources for the asylum-seekers bused to Illinois from Texas and has deployed 75 National Guard members to assist with the logistics of receiving the migrants, he announced Wednesday."

BTW, these are NOT illegals, but are actual asylum seekers who risked everything to come to the US. Since they come from a basically tropical climate and are likely unprepared for a brutal Chicago winter, it probably made more sense to send them to a warmer climate.

But Abbott never makes a lot of sense. And if he sent these legal immigrants to a state like LA or FL where they'd be more in synch climate wise, he wouldn't be able to pull off the publicity stunt and gain approval from the Fox viewers who are no doubt convinced these are illegal immigrants. I knew nothing about this story beforehand, but this is exactly the info the article provides...

You're acting as if he's calling up the Guard to repel invaders. But he's actually calling up the NG and signing the declaration of disaster in order to acquire the means to help these people. I'd say that's a good thing...

"Gov. J.B. Pritzker is signing a disaster proclamation to secure resources for the asylum-seekers bused to Illinois from Texas and has deployed 75 National Guard members to assist with the logistics of receiving the migrants, he announced Wednesday."

BTW, these are NOT illegals, but are actual asylum seekers who risked everything to come to the US. Since they come from a basically tropical climate and are likely unprepared for a brutal Chicago winter, it probably made more sense to send them to a warmer climate.

But Abbott never makes a lot of sense. And if he sent these legal immigrants to a state like LA or FL where they'd be more in synch climate wise, he wouldn't be able to pull off the publicity stunt and gain approval from the Fox viewers who are no doubt convinced these are illegal immigrants. I knew nothing about this story beforehand, but this is exactly the info the article provides...
To DBM, Cray, Bailey and others this is all just one big game to laugh at. Never mind the actual human impacts.

It ends with Democrats demanding Biden enforce the nation’s immigration laws… after the election, of course.

I don't like the look of this, as if everywhere is playing hot potato with these immigrants/asylum seekers/illegal immigrants. And I don't like the busing aspect, because I'm afraid some traffic accident is going to happen and we're going to have a big story and political fight over yet another issue that shouldn't be in our Top 10 right now . . .

BUT

If this disproportionately hits the Texas or Florida Treasuries (I'm not sure that it does--I just don't know how this works), and there are cities touting that they are sanctuary cities, why shouldn't those sanctuary cities step up and take in a lot of the immigrants? And please don't say because it's cold in Chicago.

Since they come from a basically tropical climate and are likely unprepared for a brutal Chicago winter, it probably made more sense to send them to a warmer climate.

tenor.gif

If they are asylum seekers, why doesn't the Biden admin send more help to the border to help them? Or visit the border to see what can be done to help these seekers? Instead, the admin does nothing and more seekers die trying to get here.

I am speculating, but can't Biden declare it a national disaster or emergency and send FEMA to construct temporary shelters to care for all these seekers? And to check their health? And their COVID status? Or give boats to them to cross the Rio Grande safely?

If Chicago cannot handle 500 people, it doesn't look good for the DNC convention bid with 50k people.

those people deserve more respect than most of Prtizker’s citizens

It seems Pritzker and Lightfoot's largest gripe is that Abbott did not coordinate with them or offer advance notice. Is that the policy of sanctuary cities now? We will take your undocumented and provide for them, just as long as you do it on our terms.

But please be sure you clear it with us in advance and we want all your federal funding...........

Seems like common courtesy to inform someone if you are going to bus people to them.

Common courtesy is a foreign concept to the gazpacho gop lol

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
I don't like the look of this, as if everywhere is playing hot potato with these immigrants/asylum seekers/illegal immigrants. And I don't like the busing aspect, because I'm afraid some traffic accident is going to happen and we're going to have a big story and political fight over yet another issue that shouldn't be in our Top 10 right now . . .

BUT

If this disproportionately hits the Texas or Florida Treasuries (I'm not sure that it does--I just don't know how this works), and there are cities touting that they are sanctuary cities, why shouldn't those sanctuary cities step up and take in a lot of the immigrants? And please don't say because it's cold in Chicago.
Follow that bus!!! Undocumented immigrants have a right to compensation for their injuries no different than us citizens. Come in on a bus go out flying first class

• Haha
Reactions: 76-1 and DANC
Seems like common courtesy to inform someone if you are going to bus people to them.

Common courtesy is a foreign concept to the gazpacho gop lol

Yep. Typical dem hypocrite in Lightfoot.

Guess common courtesy is foreign to her.

I bet Mexicans were wearing snowsuits with scarves and si masks in Chicago already on Monday. It isnt about people as much as laws. Why dont we just let everyone from the whole world in no questions ask and then let the taxpayers atke care of them #1 thing Bidens new IRS needs to do is identify these people and go after them for taxes on under the table work

BUT

They actually are illegal if they come over or around the wall. To be legal asylum seeker they need to come in through a legal port of entry and file the appropriate documents. I am not against immigration, just illegal immigration as are most of the immigrants that came in the right way and awaiting citizenship. Please tell me what was wrong with the wait in Mexico policy which Mexico was ok with. Give us time to process their documents?

I'm sure if we were a well adjusted polity there would be little acrimony relative to this transfer of humans from one area to another. I suspect Chicago, as a sanctuary city, would reach out to Texas and Florida and work out a plan to house these humans while their various claims (legitimate and not) are processed. And Texas and Florida would make every accommodation in the transfer of these humans from point A to point B. And we'd hear very little about it.

But we're not. And DeSantis is quickly proving he's not fit to be president. F*cking trolls. We talk about not feeding them here but we keep doing it by electing them, don't we?

We really are a clown show at this point.

I'm sure if we were a well adjusted polity there would be little acrimony relative to this transfer of humans from one area to another. I suspect Chicago, as a sanctuary city, would reach out to Texas and Florida and work out a plan to house these humans while their various claims (legitimate and not) are processed. And Texas and Florida would make every accommodation in the transfer of these humans from point A to point B. And we'd hear very little about it.

But we're not. And DeSantis is quickly proving he's not fit to be president. F*cking trolls. We talk about not feeding them here but we keep doing it by electing them, don't we?

We really are a clown show at this point.
He’s SAVAGE!!! Make America Florida!! MAFLA

Biden is a divisive pos. No different than Ron. Would Biden have been that way a decade ago? I don’t think so. I think this is our new world order unless we see systemic changes - media, tv shows, social media etc.
I think we need to consider the algorithms the social media and other tech giants are using to guardrail our thinking. I believe in free speech. How is an algorithm pushing shit in your face everyday while excluding other shit free speech?

I'm being serious.

I think we need to consider the algorithms the social media and other tech giants are using to guardrail our thinking. I believe in free speech. How is an algorithm pushing shit in your face everyday while excluding other shit free speech?

I'm being serious.
So long as they are private companies, they can algo any rithm they want.

What we need is for every person to delete Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, etc. - and every news app - all at the same time. Send a message.

I'm being serious.
For sure. But it’s sad that people are stupid enough to get all of their info from the same slanted sources. I could name 15 people on here

Reactions: vesuvius13 and DANC
Who thinks calling out the National Guard over 500 new arrivals to Chicago was NOT a political stunt? Raise your hand.

Who thinks the power to order the National Guard into action is a toy for Governors to play with? RAISE YOUR HAND.

Who thinks the Governor of Illinois should be called out by media for being corrupted by political power? Raise your hand.

Who thinks the Governor of Illinois should be impeached? Vote.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT