Got diagnosed yesterday

Optimist13

All-American
Jan 13, 2006
The big D (diabetes with insulin) I'm in my mid 60s

Any insights from anyone? Please don't tell me to contact Pat Graham for advice

If you have a good doctor do everything he or she says. It's gonna be a change of life in some ways. The thing is as far as food goes there are a lot of good recipes that diabetics can chow on. My Mom was type 1 as well.

Your sarcasm shows your immaturity

Do you ever listen to any of the sermons at your church or religious body that you actually attend?

I suspect that you are an atheist.

I don't have diabetes but my wife has been insulin dependant since she was four and has used all types of products to get her insulin into her system, she will tell anyone to get the insulin pump, she says it is a game changer. Although quite expensive, well worth it in her opinion. Hope this helps and makes sense I can't type for shit on this phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: crossfire74
Your sarcasm shows your immaturity

Do you ever listen to any of the sermons at your church or religious body that you actually attend?

I suspect that you are an atheist.
images

I'm borderline diabetic on my blood sugar and have been for some time. Fortunately, I do not take medicine and I don't follow to closely what I eat or keep up with blood sugar measurements because my health plan quit doesn't pay for the supplies.

Anyway, I was sent to a class on what to eat (which should almost be common sense other than a choice or 2 or 3) and proper techniques on using the instrument to take measurements at home. They said it is beer that loads you up on the carbs and Whiskey does not. Just don't mix it with sugar laden mixers like coke. I'd recommend drinking it straight from the bottle.

My aunt who passed away recently had diabetes for most of her life. She passed away at 96. You can live a long life too....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT