ADVERTISEMENT

Google IU and ATO

Nope. There is more to life than getting drunk every night and engaging in hazing activities. And probably taking a broomstick up your ass in the process. Frat guys are mostly idiots. And the girls are sluts.
So what makes you an expert on them , since obviously you weren't in one? Nor were your "friends." Where do you get your vast supply of information to come to these conclusions?

Rape?

This is where we've reached the point of total PC absurdity.
Just read it again with the explanation that he was being forced to do something he didn't want to do. That part was obvious with a few seconds to go when he tried to stop.

I think the big story here is the fact that they let some dipshit film this on his camera. Private stripper parties should always have a No Electronics Rule. No exceptions.

I actually went to one BP where we actually had to not bring our phones into the club that was rented out. If you did, you had to store it in the clubs office until the entertainment had ended for the evening. The bachelor was paranoid about anything getting recorded.

At mine I just told everyone no phones, and outside of a few planned poses that worked out.

Unfortunately a year later, a buddy blasted out one of the 'official' pics, with all the guys and me in a precarious position with active hands. My wife saw it, was pissed....thinking it was a recent event that I hadn't told her about. Had to explain.....

So what makes you an expert on them , since obviously you weren't in one? Nor were your "friends." Where do you get your vast supply of information to come to these conclusions?

Anyone who has been around a college campus with active greek life for any period of time is quite aware of it. They are rather "in your face" and proud of their boorish behavior. In my personal life I don't socialize with such slime.

Just read it again with the explanation that he was being forced to do something he didn't want to do. That part was obvious with a few seconds to go when he tried to stop.

Laughable. Really.

I've seen strippers in a club hold a head lock longer.

I actually went to one BP where we actually had to not bring our phones into the club that was rented out. If you did, you had to store it in the clubs office until the entertainment had ended for the evening. The bachelor was paranoid about anything getting recorded.

At mine I just told everyone no phones, and outside of a few planned poses that worked out.

Unfortunately a year later, a buddy blasted out one of the 'official' pics, with all the guys and me in a precarious position with active hands. My wife saw it, was pissed....thinking it was a recent event that I hadn't told her about. Had to explain, and she was ok

What is the big deal with bachelor parties and strippers? Just take your girl to a strip club. Most are fine with it. Everyone can have a good time.

Fraternities are what you make of it, much like most of a person's college experience.

What is the big deal with bachelor parties and strippers? Just take your girl to a strip club. Most are fine with it. Everyone can have a good time.

We have no deal..,, as long as I tell her what's going on. She thought I was hiding something but pic was over a year old

We have no deal..,, as long as I tell her what's going on. She thought I was hiding something but pic was over a year old

Yea I get that, but what is the huge deal with bachelor parties and strippers? What's so special about it?

Anyone who has been around a college campus with active greek life for any period of time is quite aware of it. They are rather "in your face" and proud of their boorish behavior. In my personal life I don't socialize with such slime.
Oh really...guess I've never spent any time on a college campus. Actually, if you actually were on a college campus, and taking classes they would have taught you how not to stereotype.

Oh really...guess I've never spent any time on a college campus. Actually, if you actually were on a college campus, and taking classes they would have taught you how not to stereotype.

Ok 95% of frat "brahs" are douchebags. Happy?

Yea I get that, but what is the huge deal with bachelor parties and strippers? What's so special about it?

I don't know...tradition? Also, I've noticed as we've gotten older its a lot bigger deal for the married guys. It's the few times they seem to get a total free pass to act like fools, and where their spouses are generally ok with them going to a party with drunk, naked women.

I've never gotten much personal 'excitement' out of strippers, other than the general playful atmosphere they seem to generate with a group of guys. There are always the few guys in the group that are the "stripper guys" though...that just love them. And they, in turn love those guys, and their $$.

I can't believe the real travesty of this entire situation hasn't been brought up yet. Why do people continue to shoot video on their phone vertically instead of horizontally?

a94.jpg

trying-to-watch-sideways-video_o_2390035.jpg

60e.jpg

I don't know...tradition? Also, I've noticed as we've gotten older its a lot bigger deal for the married guys. It's the few times they seem to get a total free pass to act like fools, and where their spouses are generally ok with them going to a party with drunk, naked women.

I've never gotten much personal 'excitement' out of strippers, other than the general playful atmosphere they seem to generate with a group of guys. There are always the few guys in the group that are the "stripper guys" though...that just love them. And they, in turn love those guys, and their $$.

Fair enough, but personally I don't see the huge deal of it. Every girl I've dated has been willing to go to a strip club if I asked. And I would presume the same after marriage too.

Fair enough, but personally I don't see the huge deal of it. Every girl I've dated has been willing to go to a strip club if I asked. And I would presume the same after marriage too.

Most are fine with it....that's not it though. Guys act different when all the girls are away....even the "cool" girls.

Also, don't presume anything after marriage.

Most are fine with it....that's not it though. Guys act different when all the girls are away....even the "cool" girls.

Also, don't presume anything after marriage.
But seriously strip clubs are boring. I rather buy the real thing at that point for 1/3 the price.

Now we know why C-$ never joined a frat.

Did someone already say that?
C-$ never joined a frat? I find that hard to believe. If I close my eyes and imagine $'s resume, the first three lines are "Kelley School of Business, Delta Upsilon Vice President, College Republicans Treasurer."

And, yes, I picked Delta Ups on purpose.

C-$ never joined a frat? I find that hard to believe. If I close my eyes and imagine $'s resume, the first three lines are "Kelley School of Business, Delta Upsilon Vice President, College Republicans Treasurer."

And, yes, I picked Delta Ups on purpose.

I'm almost sure of it ... Yea, I know, he epitomizes frat boy. Maybe he was. It's like Jordan not playing basketball.

I'm almost sure of it ... Yea, I know, he epitomizes frat boy. Maybe he was. It's like Jordan not playing basketball.
THey don't take crooked faces. Only cookie cutters. That's what Zeke told me when I was pledging.

It's interesting that actually the students think it's more serious than most on the AOTF. Just checking yik yak and some social media, besides talking. People are really ticked. The word rape has been used multiple times and the fact that the guy tried to stop and she wouldn't let him. I assumed someone recorded this without people noticing but supposedly there are other videos out there too.
I think the frat getting the boot was the right move, however, I hate we use social media as a barometer of 'outrage'. Social media is THE
vehicle of fake outrage.

Only thing I learned today was the verbal use of tongue tunnel.

It was a good day

I think the frat getting the boot was the right move, however, I hate we use social media as a barometer of 'outrage'. Social media is THE
vehicle of fake outrage.
On I agree, but I was surprised that so many students thought this was a huge deal and immediately said they'd be kicked out.

I realize it's a big story...but of all the truly bad 'hazing' stuff that's happened in the Greek culture over time, this isn't even on close to the same level.

And now that they say it's not even a pledge, you can't even call it hazing,....basically a drunk member that probably got a little too into the strippers and liked being the center of attention.

You can't tell anything by that little video...I just think revoking their charter is pretty extreme

Maybe they were already on double-secret probation for something else.

They have been in trouble off and on always. They just got off probation last year. New question: This was the lead story ( after the Colts ) on Indy news last night. The anchor said that police were investigating charges. What kind of charges could possibly come from this?

New question: This was the lead story ( after the Colts ) on Indy news last night. The anchor said that police were investigating charges. What kind of charges could possibly come from this?

It's probably in response to the internet recaps that addressed this as a potential sexual assault. I don't think anything whatsoever will come of this criminally, but that's what would lead police to at least do interviews and write up reports.

The embellished click-bait headlines of the interwebz, I suspect also contributed to students thinking this was such a big deal - that and their long-held reputation as a house of douchebags. While this, plus the culmination of that chapter's persistent screw ups are reason enough to revoke them, I will say this: if you watch that 29 second video, it is not the same was the way the internet describes it. Shocking, I know.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT