ADVERTISEMENT

Good news

You are correct, but my point is that if you are not incorporating weight training while on the drug, you will lose muscle tone along with the fat. The people I know to be using Ozempic look sickly and skeletal. I had not seen one guy in months and my first thought was cancer. That’s not a “healthy” look.
Yep. The most concerning thing was jsig's report it left him feeling crappy and without energy and not wanting to work out. That's not a good thing. You need both to be healthy.

But if you're obese, I think it's still better health-wise for you to lose the weight. Then, maybe with a smaller stomach and habit of eating less, you go off the drug and try working out and eating well.

Yep. The most concerning thing was jsig's report it left him feeling crappy and without energy and not wanting to work out. That's not a good thing. You need both to be healthy.

But if you're obese, I think it's still better health-wise for you to lose the weight. Then, maybe with a smaller stomach and habit of eating less, you go off the drug and try working out and eating well.

"Habit of. eating less" is due to not having an apitite which is considered a side effect.

A side effect which most doctors would say isn't a sign of being healthy.

Don’t we know why we have an obesity problem? People eat too much, eat crap, and don’t exercise enough. This drug solves one of those.

Meh, I've argued this before that these drugs are temporary fixes for a prolonged problem. They can be helpful to those that need a head start to change their lifestyle (e.g., exercise), but anyone that stops taking them is immediately returned to their prior state (based on clinical data I've seen).

We used to have an ambition of creating substances to help people that would be more permanent in nature, not a recurring revenue stream (e.g., subscription model) like SSRIs, SUD treatments (methadone, suboxone) that requires lifetime adherence. And I didn't even touch the long-term side effects.

Fighting obesity is a great idea. But these drugs stop at that. We need to encourage more activity and less screen time (I'm guilty of this myself).

Reactions: mcmurtry66
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT