ADVERTISEMENT

Good morning! Let's begin! Jamz!

To quote MTIOTF...I smite thee....

Here's something you might like....The Bottle Rockets, with Jeff Tweedy of Wilco, doing a Neil Young song... See what I did there?

I saw the Bottle Rockets last night at the Memorial Opera House in Valpo; one of my favorite bands to see live. Their lead man (Brian Henneman) was once the guitar tech / side musician for Uncle Tupelo back in the day.

Haven't heard any Outlaws in a long time.I switched to the youtube view,and this classic came up in my suggestions.Another Band,like REO that was big in my early college days.IIRC,they were from St Louis...

That was one of my favorite albums when I was young. When everyone else was into REO, I hated em, I liked Head East.

That was one of my favorite albums when I was young. When everyone else was into REO, I hated em, I liked Head East.

Sounds like we're about the same age.REO was huge with a lot of the stoner midwest types on my floor at IU,like Brad the ex-high school wrestler from Frankfurt and his buds.I liked REO OK,but those guys would play them nearly every night when they weren't playing KISS...

One of those bands that did a complete 180 to Top 40 and then became mega superstars in the early 80s.Not even sure if they were popular outside the Midwest,prior to Hi Infidelity and Tune A Fish.But you could always hear "Golden Country" blaring out of speakers on campus at IU circa '73...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT