ADVERTISEMENT

Good morning! Let's begin! Jamz!

Yes, that's a vibrator ..

and just because it's such a good version, I'll repost.

Here is someone else that exploded at Woodstock,and then I saw at IU 4 or 5 yrs later.One of the things they were infamous for was being late for shows.And IIRC that tradition remained intact when I saw them at AH...

Since Glastonbury and Hyde Park/HRC are both coming up this month,here are a couple from the archives.First Elvis fittingly covering Elvis at the end of Allison at Glastonbury in '05...

Then from Hyde Park in 2009 a couple of Jersey Boys giving the crowd what they wanted during the early part of the day.They had also played this the day before in a tent at Glastonbury,in front of a smaller crowd.So no doubt the folks at HRC had a pretty good idea that a repeat performance was a distinct possibility.But later when Brian joined the ESB for No Surrender it was much more of a surprise...

Reactions: C-$

OK this guy is really popular with essentially a cult following.I've heard him characterized as this generation's Neil,or even as the love child of Joni and Nash/Crosby.And I really like this song,and his voice...

But when I try and find something else in his catalog that approaches this level I just come up with nada.I really want to like him,but the songwriting just doesn't grab me.Any of you guys really like him?

OK this guy is really popular with essentially a cult following.I've heard him characterized as this generation's Neil,or even as the love child of Joni and Nash/Crosby.And I really like this song,and his voice...

But when I try and find something else in his catalog that approaches this level I just come up with nada.I really want to like him,but the songwriting just doesn't grab me.Any of you guys really like him?

Meh, I agree with you and think your description is dead on.

A young Jack White + T Bone Burnett producing = Exceptional take on old timey music...

Reactions: C-$
Best music released in the last 20 years bar none. No asshats, no limos, no superficiality, all substance. Just a collection of mostly not famous working musicians from around the world doing what they love to do and with exceptional, and very original arrangements. This is real music the way it was always meant to be played. With love and free of greed.

One World One Love.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT