ADVERTISEMENT

Going Cheap on OC?

You've GOT to be kidding. I must have missed the DWS. As far as upgrading the facilities. That was Greenspan and glass.
No offense yes most of those were done under Greenspan and Glass but there are things being done under Dolson also. The soccer stadium and locker room got a significant upgrade the women's locker room got brought up to today's standards. He is at least improving facilities overall with more to be done. I also will not have to show up for a women's game 2 hours or more to wait in line for games to get a decent seat as I now have reserved seats season tickets.

Reactions: Chriselli
Clipboard Jack’s stats from yesterday in the Michigan win:

0-0. 000 yds. 00 INT. 0 TDs
Clipboard drops = 2

A.J. Barner? 00 rec. 000 yards 0 TDs

With the game well in-hand, neither even got in.

Bazelek? Let’s take a trip down memory lane with his BGSU highlight yesterday. Look familiar?

In his 3 years at Missouri, his QB rating was between 129 and 132 in all 3 yrs. At IU it was 106.

His completion % at IU was 10 points worse than during any year at Missouri.

His first game at BG, he was 6/21 for 72 yds, with 3 ints.

His IU experience seems to have turned him into a pile of goo as a QB.

Reactions: vesuvius13
In his 3 years at Missouri, his QB rating was between 129 and 132 in all 3 yrs. At IU it was 106.

His completion % at IU was 10 points worse than during any year at Missouri.

His first game at BG, he was 6/21 for 72 yds, with 3 ints.

His IU experience seems to have turned him into a pile of goo as a QB.

He ended up hurt his last year at Mo. Maybe he never really recovered. It's just bizarre how bad he is now.

Well I’ll say, Allen’s gift to support Walt‘s salary was an act of good faith in penance for 2021 results, creating the need to replace Sheridan. Which then asks, did the AD not ask enough of Allen, or was the “budget” too inflexible?

But this supposes the perhaps unlikely assumption the more shopping money would have drawn better OC talent.

The question remains what do we do now.
DeBoer recommended Sheridan so it was his fault not coach Allen's fault. He believed DeBoer and followed his advice. Dolson is a Bball guy and doesn't care about football which is clear. Why IU passed on Kraft [I hope I have that right] is beyond me other than IU cares more about Bball than football. He lied to the board about caring about football and knowing how to support it.

Reactions: Shuski and indy1203
DeBoer recommended Sheridan so it was his fault not coach Allen's fault. He believed DeBoer and followed his advice. Dolson is a Bball guy and doesn't care about football which is clear. Why IU passed on Kraft [I hope I have that right] is beyond me other than IU cares more about Bball than football. He lied to the board about caring about football and knowing how to support it.
I respect you and agree with you often but Allen is responsible for hiring Sheridan. Allen made the final decision regardless of who made a recommendation. When Deboer hired Sheridan at Washington he didn’t make him OC.

IU does not have the beef of front or the skilled players needed to score on OSU. Until something happens and IU is able to recruit better offensive players, I don't see the team being competitive with the Top 50 teams!
It wasn't too long ago that both of Indiana's offensive tackles were first team all Americans.

People are really not smart.

Bell is the 23rd highest paid offensive coordinator in the nation.

We didn't go cheap. Was he a smart hire? That's up for debate, but please, please, I'm begging people to do a little research before they just throw stuff on the wall to get it to stick.
Thank you for this. I have mentioned this many times but the same morons always make this comment. It's baffling. Tom Allen just sucks ass at hiring and being a head coach overall and Walt Bell must interview really really well.

Clipboard Jack’s stats from yesterday in the Michigan win:

0-0. 000 yds. 00 INT. 0 TDs
Clipboard drops = 2

A.J. Barner? 00 rec. 000 yards 0 TDs

With the game well in-hand, neither even got in.

Bazelek? Let’s take a trip down memory lane with his BGSU highlight yesterday. Look familiar?

fyi, Jack Tuttle and AJ Barner have received snaps at michigan. That michigan which is like number 3 in the country. So maybe we should pull back on the shit-talking on them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT