ADVERTISEMENT

Goat, more photo help....

I don't think I'm going to accept Goat as an expert witness in photography without some proof. I want to see some of his photos.

Preferable something in a 2 piece, and even with a slight hint of nipple. Or underboob, or the neck of the nape.

You know what I mean.
Nice picture. I didn't know you were into photography. Where'd you shoot that at?

Reactions: Hoops Cat
I get your point. Not well worded, but now that I think about it, yes, I would like to see Goat in a two piece with his nipple out.

#priceless
You asked for it....

goat_wear_bikini_d7_by_ask__fell-d9ddr95.png

Goat is correct about the framing. Seldom is the center of the frame the best place for the subject. Especially things that are moving (the duck), and yes the dog. As Goat says, empty space can be used to your advantage. And I'd agree on #14 being the best though I'd personally prefer it cropped tighter across the top. I don't like how the top of the pond runs through the very center. I wouldn't want to see the bottom cropped at all as the reflection is very nice. I think it's a good photo, but I really think there's an even better photo inside there. Experiment with different cropping to bring it out.

For framing I've found it useful to pay attention to how scenes are framed in well made films. They usually frame them just as you would want to frame a photograph.

My opinions only. I'm no critic.

Here's the thing about the dog pic. I was walking along the path when the dog walked by, so I decided to snap a shot. I had a 75-300mm lens on which has a very narrow view. There wasn't much space left for framing the picture, because the dog was too close.

Here's the thing about the dog pic. I was walking along the path when the dog walked by, so I decided to snap a shot. I had a 75-300mm lens on which has a very narrow view. There wasn't much space left for framing the picture, because the dog was too close.

Oh, I hear you. It was a photo of opportunity. We don't always have time to stop and frame things perfectly, especially where animals and small kids are concerned.

One thing I would say that also helps in many cases with kids and animals is to get down to their level as opposed to shooting the from the vantage point of a 6 ft human. As below (not my photo):

hqdefault.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT