ADVERTISEMENT

Go get Jedd Fisch….

I hate to see Tom get fired but it’s time.

This is a bottom line business. Coaches know this when they sign up for it. I hate the fact that you can do a horrible job in this sport and walk away a multi-millionaire.
No reason at all to feel sorry for him. He’s in the wrong profession because he sure as hell can’t coach football.

This is a bottom line business. Coaches know this when they sign up for it. I hate the fact that you can do a horrible job in this sport and walk away a multi-millionaire.
No reason at all to feel sorry for him. He’s in the wrong profession because he sure as hell can’t coach football.
Well, this explains your years-long relentless attacks on the guy with your "Opie" references, etc. Your envy is coming through loud and clear.

I think there's a much stronger argument that he's absolutely in the right profession because it's made him very wealthy. Good for him.

Last edited:
Bc IU > UA???
I didn't think so at first, especially since he's got 2-3 years of security there now after this season.

But I genuinely don't know how much Big Ten budgets are vs. Big 12 budgets and if coaches will always chase the highest paycheck (if we even budget for that).

Well, this explains your years-long relentless attacks on the guy with your "Opie" references, etc. Your envy is coming through loud and clear.

I think there's a much stronger argument that he's absolutely in the right profession because it's made him very wealthy. Good for him.

The fact you continue to defend him is amazing. I guess you have zero expectations. Just collect the conference check and you’re good with it, as long as we can say we play in the Big Ten?
Some of us don’t want the university to be the big embarrassment to the conference.
IU can only play the role of the MAC-school in a P5 sandbox for so long. They cannot do that forever.

We should all be lucky enough to find a job that we can be shitty at and get paid millions to leave.

The fact you continue to defend him is amazing. I guess you have zero expectations. Just collect the conference check and you’re good with it, as long as we can say we play in the Big Ten?
Some of us don’t want the university to be the big embarrassment to the conference.
IU can only play the role of the MAC-school in a P5 sandbox for so long. They cannot do that forever.
The world of collegiate athletics is changing. Anyone who can’t see that has their head in their a$$. IU risks getting left behind operating as they have. I wouldn’t want to be in Scott Dolson’s seat if Ohio St and Michigan both said they’re done sharing revenue with the also rans.

Defending him? I’ve said he should be canned. But it’s one thing to say a coach needs to go because he’s not getting the job done, and quite another to go after him personally like you’ve done. I guess you think repeatedly referring to him as Opie is funny or clever. It’s not. It’s stupid and bizarro.

Defending him? I’ve said he should be canned. But it’s one thing to say a coach needs to go because he’s not getting the job done, and quite another to go after him personally like you’ve done. I guess you think repeatedly referring to him as Opie is funny or clever. It’s not. It’s stupid and bizarro.

Actually, the use of that term is simply a characterization of his sideline demeanor. I didn’t actually come up with that. All the credit for that one goes to Orbit.

I did piggyback off of that and coin the #Mayberry to refer to the small town attitude that the university has toward its operation. I also called it Rinky Dink U. because of the amateur hour moves this department does (also extends to basketball where instead of just hiring 1 coach, Scotty Basketball had to hire 3 at once so 2 of them could watch over the senior citizen).

At one point, I actually argued with a poster like Orbit telling us all what a crummy operation that Allen ran. I was defending the program like tooth and nail.
But my dumbass didn’t realize that Mr. Orbit had this thing figured out long ago. Preseason, guys like me were saying this was a 6-6 team with a good coaching staff. Orbit had them 3-9. I thought “no way….this guy is nuts…no way we can be that bad? He was right again. He has the program figured out for a while now and I was just too stubborn to give in. But the guy has it figured out and he’s absolutely right

You want the real truth, you read his posts. They are spot on.

I didn’t personally attack Allen or defame him or talk about his family or nonsense like that. Did anybody find out if Teagarden was Tom’s son in law? 🤣. I’ve been a very harsh critic of his abilities as a coach and that’s all open and fair game. He gets paid to take that. The guy is the top paid people in the entire state of Indiana and he’s gone 1-5 against his rival. Turned around and lost to Brohm again at a different school. You knew right then and there that a good coach like Brohm would outwit the nitwit Tom Allen. No other coach in the rotten history of IU football has a coach survived that. Unprecedented, actually, even at IU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT