ADVERTISEMENT

Glass

HoosierAlice

Redshirt
Apr 2, 2012
Glass needs to go, If he is not willing to admit his mistake and pull the plug on this failure.

This post was edited on 3/3 8:33 PM by HoosierAlice

Not a mistake exactly

Glass HAD to bring in a coach that was squeaky clean who had zero allegations against him. Believe it or not, that number is few and far between in college basketball.

Crean did an excellent job building this program back up from nothing after Sampson.

But, the time has come to move on. Thank you for your service and what you accomplished, but someone else needs to be the face of this team for us to make the leap to the next level.

glass isn't the problem...

I get sick of hearing this. He has to evaluate the body of work and make a decision. Why would he be doing anything right now. Wth do you people expect, fire crean now?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Re: glass isn't the problem...

No one said fire him now. If he doesn't fire him after the season he needs to go as well. Not firing Crean would show his lack of vision.

I've questioned his decision to give CTC an extension all along

I agree that he can't do much at the moment, but he's painted himself into a corner with the extension and absolutely ridiculous buyout.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

If you want to argue Crean has to go, I can understand. But the folks on this board sometimes want the whole athletic department fired because of basketball. Idiocy. Glass has been great for IU athletics and absolutely must stay. While I've been supportive of Crean, the finish to this year is unacceptable, in particular after last year. Reasonable to think about firing him. The B1G money is there.

While I don't think I was ever sure the extension at that time, for that much, was a good idea, it certainly does not put IU in a place in which it is unable to fire Crean. He would be hired elsewhere which would reduce the payout by whatever his new salary is, and the B1G money projections are just incredible moving forward. IU can afford to get rid of Crean, they just have to choose to. Firing Glass, and then subsequently Crean, really doesn't do anything to help anything.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT