ADVERTISEMENT

You negative critics have lost your minds.

Was at the game and was pleased with what I saw. The defense looked vastly improved. Thought the OL looked good most of the time.

QB, I get what they were trying to do, not sure if they open it up a bit more. The inexperience clearly showed but the potential is there. Felt like Sorsby threw better.

My biggest frustration was the stupid penalties on special teams basically canceling anything in the return game. Can’t start drives from your own ten. We did that too many times.

This team is a lot better than last year from what I saw.

I think the refs had the block in the back penalty on speed dial for every kickoff. I’m sure they happened, right? Every single one?
Too bad they put blinders on to several offensive holding calls by the OSU OL.
Anybody know if it’s legal to hook a pass rushers arm and hold onto it? Saw a bunch of that today. A bunch. I guess that was a new rule change this year because it wasn’t called yesterday.

I think the refs had the block in the back penalty on speed dial for every kickoff. I’m sure they happened, right? Every single one?
Anybody know if it’s legal to hook a pass rushers arm and hold onto it? Saw a bunch of that today. A bunch. I guess that was a new rule change this year because it wasn’t called yesterday.
Yes hanging onto an arm for dear life is still holding. Done subtly, it likely won’t get called. Arm bars and arm drag takedowns get called. An arm bar could get called as a PF (it is a submission hold after all).

Reactions: vesuvius13
Heck I almost never consider betting on IU football but might if we have that kind of line. I even took IU and 30 yesterday because of them playing a quarterback also with his first start even with all their talent.
We did cover yesterday. That in itself is cause for optimism. We almost never do that

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
If the goal was to beat the spread and not get blown out , then the game was a success. Also Our D will keep us in a lot of games this year . My biggest question is our QBs . Our offense was pretty vanilla today , and I’m not sure if our QBs are that bad , or the play calling really limited them . I wish we would have opened it up a little more to see how our QBs would handle it . We might how got beaten worse , but it doesn’t matter if you lose by 20 or 30 it’s still a loss . I don’t think either QB separated himself from the other . I think or hope we give the QBs a more open playbook this week , so that we can settle on who will be the main QB . Also OSU has a really good D , so that really made it difficult for both . Let’s hope we get a more open offense this week .

If the goal was to beat the spread and not get blown out , then the game was a success. Also Our D will keep us in a lot of games this year . My biggest question is our QBs . Our offense was pretty vanilla today , and I’m not sure if our QBs are that bad , or the play calling really limited them . I wish we would have opened it up a little more to see how our QBs would handle it . We might how got beaten worse , but it doesn’t matter if you lose by 20 or 30 it’s still a loss . I don’t think either QB separated himself from the other . I think or hope we give the QBs a more open playbook this week , so that we can settle on who will be the main QB . Also OSU has a really good D , so that really made it difficult for both . Let’s hope we get a more open offense this week .

Watching the OSU defensive line and their All-American LB Eisenberg run sideline to sideline, shit…..they were faster than IU’s skill guys. They chased down Lucas with ease. If the offense faces that level of defense every week, we are in definite trouble. I think everyone here will agree that every defense we face will be a clone of OSU. So, yeah, we are screwed.

Against isu I'm sure we will

Watching the OSU defensive line and their All-American LB Eisenberg run sideline to sideline, shit…..they were faster than IU’s skill guys. They chased down Lucas with ease. If the offense faces that level of defense every week, we are in definite trouble. I think everyone here will agree that every defense we face will be a clone of OSU. So, yeah, we are screwed.
Yeah but we won't face that kind of talent every week. This is probably the best defense we'll face this year

Yeah but we won't face that kind of talent every week. This is probably the best defense we'll face this year

Right, which is why I was being TIC.
People here are saying if we just “opened it up” yesterday our offense would be good. No amount of scheming, play-calling or trickeration was going to put a dent in that defense yesterday. A complete personnel mismatch.

The D cannot keep up with this offense though. It will get worn down, injured, and demoralized. There’s a big chance yesterdays defensive performance was the best we’ll see against a power 5 all year. I hate to be the constant downer, but the offense is so horrendous.

• Haha
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
The D cannot keep up with this offense though. It will get worn down, injured, and demoralized. There’s a big chance yesterdays defensive performance was the best we’ll see against a power 5 all year. I hate to be the constant downer, but the offense is so horrendous.
We have no clue how the offense will develop over the course of the year. If you think we won't improve over the course of the season I am confident we will. There is nobody on Indiana State that will catch Jaylin Lucas if he gets a step. Are you giving me the 17 points and IU against Louisville even for just a gentleman's bet or a beer or something.

Its Oh$ht! They’d get away with murder with all the $ they make B10 refs! I didnt see the game on tv, so I cant say if they held, but it reminds me of last years game and im sure a lot more games where Ohsht got the benefits. But in last years game that big Dawan Jones OL they had blatantly held on every single play with no flags! That really p’d me tf off!

Thank you for pointing that out. I thought there were several key hold on the edge that allowed the OSU back to get outside.

The Hoosiers played a great game. They slowed it down (how many of you criticized the fast pace last year). The D played great and they adjusted the offense to play with new QBs. There is not a single critic who would have predicted a 10-3 half time score. Half of them are complaining that they went for it on 4th and 5 at the end of the 2nd quarter and the other half are complaining that they did not play to win. The D played great. O$U's longest run was 19 yard (and that is because the refs were not calling the clear holding on the edge blockers). When was the last time that happened? IU did not give up as sack and had very few negative rushing plays. The were not beat on in the trenches on either side of the ball. O$U's leading rusher had 57 yards. M. Harrison's longest catch was 9 yard (he had 2 catches for 18 yards). I thought the game plan was great. The Hoosiers fought and were in the game until the 4th quarter. They were waiting for O$U to make a mistake (turn over, block kick, etc.) that just did not happen. For the critics I suggest you watch the some of the 1000 of Buckeye pregame pod casts that thought they were going to rush for 300 yards and M. Harrison would get 150 in receiving and they were going to will by 50 points. It is a long season and I think it is going to be a good one for the Hoosier. Hey, Purdue lost to Fresno St. and they were favored at home.
Allen went out of his way not to get embarrassed! Im surprised wasn’t whispering in the ear of officials .. please don’t stop the clock

The B10 and their refs. have an agenda for sure. For example, I
saw a lot of taunting in games this weekend, want to guess
which team got called for taunting this weekend?

it was apparent the goal was to have a chance to win it in the 4th quarter and they did that. They did not turn the ball over. Also a good thing. Not as many just plain blown assignments. The protection was much improved. So there is a lot to build upon.

it was apparent the goal was to have a chance to win it in the 4th quarter and they did that. They did not turn the ball over. Also a good thing. Not as many just plain blown assignments. The protection was much improved. So there is a lot to build upon.
I don’t think we were positioned to win it in the 4th quarter, but that’s due to the offense, not the D. I think we gameplanned well for them and executed it with pretty good effectiveness. Our “to do” list is long, but it’s much shorter on the D side.

The Hoosiers played a great game. They slowed it down (how many of you criticized the fast pace last year). The D played great and they adjusted the offense to play with new QBs. There is not a single critic who would have predicted a 10-3 half time score. Half of them are complaining that they went for it on 4th and 5 at the end of the 2nd quarter and the other half are complaining that they did not play to win. The D played great. O$U's longest run was 19 yard (and that is because the refs were not calling the clear holding on the edge blockers). When was the last time that happened? IU did not give up as sack and had very few negative rushing plays. The were not beat on in the trenches on either side of the ball. O$U's leading rusher had 57 yards. M. Harrison's longest catch was 9 yard (he had 2 catches for 18 yards). I thought the game plan was great. The Hoosiers fought and were in the game until the 4th quarter. They were waiting for O$U to make a mistake (turn over, block kick, etc.) that just did not happen. For the critics I suggest you watch the some of the 1000 of Buckeye pregame pod casts that thought they were going to rush for 300 yards and M. Harrison would get 150 in receiving and they were going to will by 50 points. It is a long season and I think it is going to be a good one for the Hoosier. Hey, Purdue lost to Fresno St. and they were favored at home.
I agree the D played great, but no way can you spin it that our O was anything but atrocious. Is it due to OSU being that great? It definitely played a role, but we should have been able to get in the red zone at least once. I would wager that Youngstown State's offense this week will have more success than we did against them. I mean.....they can't do any worse, that's for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT