ADVERTISEMENT

Glanced at Whop Video - speed merchant!

IndyIUFan66

All-Big Ten
Jun 23, 2013
Saw he signed - and for record - assume many Florida 2* kids are at least 3 star in Indiana. :)

Had video link in the story so watched a few plays. I know it's a "highlight reel clip" but what you see is some serious speed. I loved Mitchell Paige, but 5'10 Whop might be Paige on steroids, as he not only has blazing speed, but seemingly an ability to stop/turn on a dime.

Like the Florida to Indiana connection building. Like what Coach Heard is going to have with the tall, athletic WR's, combined with some blazing speed smaller WRs to keep everyone honest.

Per earlier post, I don't care if he's not a 4* grade now. He had legit good other school offers and played on runner up FL high school team and runs a 4.4.

New Motto: Remember Ball & Cronk! (First Team Freshman All-Americans as 2 & 3 star recruits)

He only verbally committed. I assume
that he will follow through on that verbal
on national signing day in early February

Saw he signed - and for record - assume many Florida 2* kids are at least 3 star in Indiana. :)

Had video link in the story so watched a few plays. I know it's a "highlight reel clip" but what you see is some serious speed. I loved Mitchell Paige, but 5'10 Whop might be Paige on steroids, as he not only has blazing speed, but seemingly an ability to stop/turn on a dime.

Like the Florida to Indiana connection building. Like what Coach Heard is going to have with the tall, athletic WR's, combined with some blazing speed smaller WRs to keep everyone honest.

Per earlier post, I don't care if he's not a 4* grade now. He had legit good other school offers and played on runner up FL high school team and runs a 4.4.

New Motto: Remember Ball & Cronk! (First Team Freshman All-Americans as 2 & 3 star recruits)
Like him a lot

Reactions: Bligedy and Sassy61
Great addition for the Hoosiers. Watched the playoffs here in Florida and Whop is a winner. Just wondering where the Quarterback Dane Frantzen is going. Frantzen is one tough man and would be another sound pickup for the Hoosiers.

Reactions: 10yrProject

He looks like a nice addition.

Give me 2 star kids from the south all day long.

One thing I did notice on some of those clips is that Coach Allen's son seems a tad slow on defense.

As with a lot of others on here, I don't pay much attention to stars. I look at the offers. Impressive offer list, totalling 14 including Louisville and Va Tech. Plus NC State, MD, Cincy, AZ, South FL.....pretty awesome get!

He looks like a nice addition.

Give me 2 star kids from the south all day long.

One thing I did notice on some of those clips is that Coach Allen's son seems a tad slow on defense.
He seems like a big kid, hard nosed & high football IQ. But feel like I've heard that about him as well. Wonder if he could possibly move to a rushing DE position in the future?

I know Dad loves his son, but Coach Allen strikes me as going to play the best athletes who can make plays. We'll see what Thomas can do.

I saw the kid shake off of a few tacklers who, well, if Meatchicken or O$U DBs get that much of themselves on you -- you are goin' down. So, he's got some weightroom work to do, in that regard. But still, I see some speed and a few pretty good moves. With some luck, he'll learn some more moves in Bloomington and become a serious weapon.

And in the It-doesn't-amount-to-a-hill-of-beans department, in the clip against the team that wears the ND helmets and the Meatchicken unis, it sure looks like Whop is wearing a hoodie under his jersey! Now, I'm sure he's not, but it sure looks that way.

Great addition for the Hoosiers. Watched the playoffs here in Florida and Whop is a winner. Just wondering where the Quarterback Dane Frantzen is going. Frantzen is one tough man and would be another sound pickup for the Hoosiers.
Hey, if we don't land Tronti, maybe we go after Dane Frantzen. Is he committed somewhere now?

Hey, if we don't land Tronti, maybe we go after Dane Frantzen. Is he committed somewhere now?
No. Latest search [yesterday] did not show any interest from Power5 schools. Coastal Carolina and two or three other similar schools have shown some interest, but as of a day or so ago, no action. I think he is a good one, much like the Mo. quarterback from Jasper a few years ago. Mauch [sp] ?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT