ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Class

He’s referring to Branden Jennings , the brother of Bradley Jennings who we got out of the portal from the U. Branden visited but looks like he might stay at Maryland, their coaches are trying hard to get him to stay.
ah, forgot about him. Hopefully he wants to play with his brother.

Reactions: red hornet
It’s thin. Someone will be/come available but we don’t know how solid the staff is on DM as a starter and transfers like to go somewhere that offers a clear path to starting.

So they can bring in someone to start and risk losing DM (and maybe also upset some good Indiana HS FB folk), or bring in someone to compete and add depth and that would likely limit our selection.

From my armchair, it seems like bringing in a very good grad transfer or 5th year sr. to start for one year only is the best way to try to manage the situation (like PR at Northwestern) . I would hate to lose DM, especially after burning his redshirt, but I’m not sure you bet the farm on him as your surefire starter next year either. It would be great to keep DM and keep developing him another year and have a home grown kid leading the team.

It’s hard to stockpile QBs even the top teams deal with it, and the new rules will only make it harder.
In reading between the lines I came away from the CTA pressor that McCulley still needs progress to be able to start. Issue was more mental in reading defenses and going thru his progressions. That should take a big leap with now an off season, spring ball, summer film room, etc. He may make a big jump by Sept 2022.
Just my take away and I could be wrong.

In reading between the lines I came away from the CTA pressor that McCulley still needs progress to be able to start. Issue was more mental in reading defenses and going thru his progressions. That should take a big leap with now an off season, spring ball, summer film room, etc. He may make a big jump by Sept 2022.
Just my take away and I could be wrong.
Plus the exposure to playing

Reactions: vesuvius13
Matthew Bedford
Nick Marozas
Aidan Rafferty
Zach Carpenter
Michael Katic
Tim Weaver
Kahlil Benson
Brady Feeney
Randy Holtz
Cam Knight
Luke Wiginton
Vinny Fiacable
Joshua Sales
Bray Lynch
DJ Moore
Carter Smith

That's 16

That's not a bad looking list of recruits. There should be enough there to put together a decent OL. I don't see how any portal guy we'd be likely to get would add much.

• Wow
Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
Anyone know how DMcCulluh did in the Under Armour All-American game? Saw he was on a roster but didnt see the game. Did he even play?

So did anything change at K State or did he just realize he wasn't going to start there?

Not sure I could even get excited if he commits to us since who knows how long he would stay committed.

Highly doubt we go after him.

The buzz on the K State board by their mods is that he wasn't looking like he was going to be a starter coming out of spring like be thought he should have been, so that's why he's transferring, again.

The buzz on the K State board by their mods is that he wasn't looking like he was going to be a starter coming out of spring like be thought he should have been, so that's why he's transferring, again.
Any idea of how active we may or may not be in the portal as more and more guys enter during spring practice? I saw we offered an OL out of Louisiana, but haven't seen much else activity from us.

Any idea of how active we may or may not be in the portal as more and more guys enter during spring practice? I saw we offered an OL out of Louisiana, but haven't seen much else activity from us.

I'm fairly certain we've got some guys coming in for visits over the next week and have had some guys come in the last week or two.

Also wouldn't be surprised to see some guys leave after spring is over once guys figure out where they are on the depth chart.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1

Right, but often times when a kid decommits their quick to put a bias slant on the justification as to why he chose to leave said school. I'm not saying it holds no merit as I surmise it likely does but I wouldn't etch that in stone. I think he'll be a good one but doesn't he have to sit out a year wherever he goes since he used his one time transfer?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT