ADVERTISEMENT

Geronimo

Was one guy I never saw much improvement from at IU, he had moments where he was really good but so many others where he was unplayable.

Just couldn't reign it in when he needed to.

Was one guy I never saw much improvement from at IU, he had moments where he was really good but so many others where he was unplayable.

Just couldn't rein it in when he needed to.
You didn’t see Bates? Lander? Durr? Stewart? There has been a lot.

Reactions: ulrey

Just couldn't reign it in when he needed to.
He's got amazing athleticism but is just not a basketball player. He should probably find another sport.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
The kid just misses so many bunnies and lay ups. Never seen a player miss so many

I'll always remember the game at Iowa, when he played the 5 and Garza couldn't do much. Good Jordan didn't come around enough...seems like a good kid. Wish him the best.
St Johns game comes to me when I rmeember Geronimo. Same with Bates. Both seem to have side stepped in the offseason and their direction isnt going north.

Always seemed a good kid. Definitely way more athlete than basketball player. Last year he had a couple good games vs Wisconsin and Illinois back to back. Got hurt soon after and that was kind of it for him being much of a contributor after that. Good luck to him against the rest of the league, just not IU when we see them again in March.

Probably one of those kids that his athletic ability got him through high school and thought he could do all this without really learning or understanding the game. Doesn’t seem like he has a high basketball IQ and gets upset easily

I recall reading that Geronimo was a late comer to basketball. During his rough stretches I wondered how often he watched or played basketball before seriously taking up the game. He would probably be better off at a solid mid-major program. I wish him well.

Was terrible tonight. Feel bad for the kid. That wasn’t a fun homecoming

When his FT whiffed poor kid looked like he wanted to vanish into thin air.

I felt and said the same thing on the chat while watching. I'm gratified to see that the posters in this thread are of the same mind. Too often we treat these kids like 28 year old professionals instead of 20 year old kids.

I thought Bates improved, just never to the level of his high ranking. Weren’t Durr and Stewart only here for a year? Hard to show a ton of development in a single season.
I really felt like none of those guys developed in any way, including Bates. Stewart was here 2, but only played one. Did Lander blossom?

I really felt like none of those guys developed in any way, including Bates. Stewart was here 2, but only played one. Did Lander blossom?
Nope you are wrong. Stewart was here 1 under Woodson. Bates doubled his ppg, increased steals, assists, reb, fg % and 3 pt % from year 1 to 2. Lander also only played one year for Woodson and clearly Woodson didn’t think he belonged because he played less minutes than his freshman year.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Bucket Getter
Nope you are wrong. Stewart was here 1 under Woodson. Bates doubled his ppg, increased steals, assists, reb, fg % and 3 pt % from year 1 to 2. Lander also only played one year for Woodson and clearly Woodson didn’t think he belonged because he played less minutes than his freshman year.
too bad about Bates and his overall development. If he could have made some big forward strides, and become consistent with his 3 pt shot...and improved his D.....the way this season is playing out, we could have really used it.

Reactions: Beorik
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT