ADVERTISEMENT

Gawd are Americans annoying.

I'm just asking what he adds? Not being douchey isn't an answer.

He has the Martha culture change agenda. Martha eventually snapped. After many death threat e-mails. Jet seems a bit more grounded, but makes a lot of vacuous statements.

His musical taste seems OK. Why not engage in OTF style interesting discussion? I miss the times of insult and arguing. I actually learned a lot, not just your ideas are silly.

Oh you're asking the wrong person, if you're looking for someone to validate Jet's posting habits. lol...I wouldn't. fwiw - I don't really read him much unless he replies directly to me and only recently have I given him the privilege of responding but only because I'm getting nicer. That can be said of 90% of this board. I basically read IC member posts a few others and that's about it. then I have a short list of dumbies I like fking with. Jet bored me in this regard. So I basically quit.

He's a nationalist and truly believes in America and only because he's American. Their concept of us vs them, we're the best, yay, is something that I really don't understand or ever care to. I feel the same about all nationalists, or anyone else that separates humanity based on idiot concepts like country or religion. I am and forever will be human and of this world.

He used to follow me around too, and I used to fk with him back and yes it's annoying because he's boring, I guess it's your turn or something. It takes a year, it's like a cyber herpes, but becomes tolerable eventually. Or something. lol

Like I said earlier, I love confrontation, because it becomes honest. which is why I like OTF style discussion. Once you get to someone you get to someone real. (Or a very functional sociopath.) Real is always preferable to fake, regardless if they're dumb and socially constipated or not. Once they get real, I either accept them, befriend them, or ignore them. With fake people that process takes 100 times longer.

This is one problem I had with Fender, he was weak-minded, fake and a liar and that was evident the very first day he posted under nine different handles . The mentally weak, fake and especially liars are a complete and total waste of my time.

lol ... this was a fun post.

Reactions: IyamCornholio
Oh you're asking the wrong person, if you're looking for someone to validate Jet's posting habits. lol...I wouldn't. fwiw - I don't really read him much unless he replies directly to me and only recently have I given him the privilege of responding but only because I'm getting nicer. That can be said of 90% of this board. I basically read IC member posts a few others and that's about it. then I have a short list of dumbies I like fking with. Jet bored me in this regard. So I basically quit.

He's a nationalist and truly believes in America and only because he's American. Their concept of us vs them, we're the best, yay, is something that I really don't understand or ever care to. I feel the same about all nationalists, or anyone else that separates humanity based on idiot concepts like country or religion. I am and forever will be human and of this world.

He used to follow me around too, and I used to fk with him back and yes it's annoying because he's boring, I guess it's your turn or something. It takes a year, it's like a cyber herpes, but becomes tolerable eventually. Or something. lol

Like I said earlier, I love confrontation, because it becomes honest. which is why I like OTF style discussion. Once you get to someone you get to someone real. (Or a very functional sociopath.) Real is always preferable to fake, regardless if they're dumb and socially constipated or not. Once they get real, I either accept them, befriend them, or ignore them. With fake people that process takes 100 times longer.

This is one problem I had with Fender, he was weak-minded, fake and a liar and that was evident the very first day he posted under nine different handles . The mentally weak, fake and especially liars are a complete and total waste of my time.

I like arguing, I find whining tiring.

Well you can't reasonably expect me to sit back & keep quiet at the ridiculous bs you spew around here can you? I entertain you & I get the pleasure of exposing your stupidity. That's what's called a win-win here in America. Stay silly, Euro.
Tell it brother! I would like your post, but I decided not to like any posts. If someone wants to live in Czech Republic, good for them. There are others I wish would move there.

I like arguing, I find whining tiring.

I know his view already, that's why I'm bored with him. VPM once in awhile lowers himself to a lower standard of dumb that I didn't think possible. Like the dinosaur thingee. that was hilarious. The dumbies are entertaining with their dumbiness. It's too bad they're real and not a parody of dumb, huh?

That Fender continued to create even more handles, and tell even more lies, kinda validated my original opinion of him. Now Martha, he's the truest dickhead of them all, and that became evident after one reply to him. I called him chick with stick, and he went off and followed me around for 3 years. He obviously wants to be in control, of everything, and will go to bounds to get that done. He was certainly a functional sociopath, thank god he wasn't a smart one.

Tell it brother! I would like your post, but I decided not to like any posts. If someone wants to live in Czech Republic, good for them. There are others I wish would move there.
See, like this dickhead...

He should actually be embarrassed that he's this stupid.

1432232041_baby_grasshopper_highfive.gif

Reactions: burnthemallralphie
My travels to Europe are fairly limited (Germany, Austria and Italy), but I found everyone to be genuinely friendly. The Germans and Austrians were a bit more inclined to strike up a conversation than the Italians, but everyone was nice. I can't remember seeing anyone of any nationality behaving poorly. Perhaps that is just my limited experience.

What I have seen is foreigners acting improperly at several US locations. We took the kids to Disney World back in early June and Europeans didn't appear to grasp the concept of standing in lines for things. They would cut wherever they could and when confronted pretended not to understand English. I didn't get too worked up about it, but when you standing in line for an hour, someone cutting in front of you is bound to make you irritable. I've also witnessed some folks in bars and restaurants behaving very poorly either by berating the staff or getting overly drunk, loud and belligerent. It certainly wasn't everyone and I don't judge the whole of Europe based on the actions of a couple of assholes.

My point is that each country has its bad actors and no one, including Americans, should judge the country as a whole based on the actions of a few assholes.
It is getting harder and harder to strike up a conversation in the USA because people would rather send text messages.

Trust me, it used to annoy me for a while.

People don't line up here, it's just not the way things work. Try skiing in Europe and lining up like you do in the US, you may never get back to the top of the mountain.

The concept of personal space is very different here. The American expectation of personal space is very different then the European. It manifests itself in many different ways.

You are used to the American cultural norms and see anything different as rude. That's your problem, quite putting your norms on others.

Europeans complain about Americans too, they are doing the same thing.

I got rude looks in the canteen a month or so ago, because I was telling a story in a typically American way. It bothered others because I was too loud. It would have seemed completely normal to you.

Nobody is necessarily wrong other then trying to project their culture on others.
So, to the original poster, stop putting your cultural norms on us poor Americans. Same goes for those of you who expressed a similar sentiment that Americans are ugly and poor ambassadors.

I so enjoy the Ist hier noch frei? method in Germany. Community seating makes it much easier to meet people and have interesting conversations.

So, to the original poster, stop putting your cultural norms on us poor Americans. Same goes for those of you who expressed a similar sentiment that Americans are ugly and poor ambassadors.

I so enjoy the Ist hier noch frei? method in Germany. Community seating makes it much easier to meet people and have interesting conversations.

I don't follow you. Some Americans are ugly embarrassments and some aren't. I get the cultural differences between Europe and the US as well as anybody. I admonish Americans for lack of understanding as well as Europeans for the same.

Before jumping to a conclusion, stop and think. That's all.

I don't follow you. Some Americans are ugly embarrassments and some aren't. I get the cultural differences between Europe and the US as well as anybody. I admonish Americans for lack of understanding as well as Europeans for the same.

Can they not all claim "cultural differences" as a defense to the title "ugly embarrassments"? The original poster indicated that talking loud about being buzzed at an airport (and/or attempting to pick up a half Korean girl) was an embarrassment. I think the former is gauche, but not necessarily an embarrassment. The latter is neither, IMHO. I cited examples of Europeans acting rude (cutting in lines, getting drunk and belligerent, etc.). You dismissed line cutting as a cultural difference and later admitted that telling a story in a loud manner is an American cultural norm.

So, either both instances are earmarked as "cultural differences" or neither can be excused as such. With so many people jumping in to agree with the OP's general proposition, I thought it prudent to point out that our culture is really just being misunderstood by the Europeans, and perhaps even other Americans who believe they are more "cultured" than others.

In the end, I think that talking loudly on a cell phone in a public place and cutting in line are inherently rude actions. My point is we can't excuse rude behavior from either side as a "cultural difference."

Oh, and I like to argue.

That's what I've heard from several foreign college students......the overall vibe they feel is that Americans are exclusive to other cultures, while most other nationalities are inclusive to the others. I can agree with that. We think we are the best and everyone should be more like us.....hell, the US of A hasn't even been around 300 years, yet most other eastern countries have gone through thousands of years of growing pains.

So we're the teenager who's barely sprouted pubic hair telling the grandparent how things should be......
......no wonder the rest of the world holds us in contempt.

Funny you ended with that, because "rude" is basically a culturally dictated norm.

So you missed, again. And, you were doing so well to begin with.
Actually, I said "inherently rude"--as opposed to situationally or culturally rude. "Rude" means offensively impolite or ill-mannered and "inherently" means belonging to the basic nature of something ("universally rude" would have been a better descriptor). My point is that there are actions that are rude by their very nature (inherently or universally rude), like taking a dump on the side of the road in public. India can argue all it wants that it's a cultural difference, but it's f*cking rude.

Can they not all claim "cultural differences" as a defense to the title "ugly embarrassments"? The original poster indicated that talking loud about being buzzed at an airport (and/or attempting to pick up a half Korean girl) was an embarrassment. I think the former is gauche, but not necessarily an embarrassment. The latter is neither, IMHO. I cited examples of Europeans acting rude (cutting in lines, getting drunk and belligerent, etc.). You dismissed line cutting as a cultural difference and later admitted that telling a story in a loud manner is an American cultural norm.

So, either both instances are earmarked as "cultural differences" or neither can be excused as such. With so many people jumping in to agree with the OP's general proposition, I thought it prudent to point out that our culture is really just being misunderstood by the Europeans, and perhaps even other Americans who believe they are more "cultured" than others.

In the end, I think that talking loudly on a cell phone in a public place and cutting in line are inherently rude actions. My point is we can't excuse rude behavior from either side as a "cultural difference."

Oh, and I like to argue.

When travelling respect the culture you are in or stay home. I've never heard a European go to the US and come back and say they are too loud. They respect that they are in another country and things will be different.

I have seen Americans complain incessantly about how they aren't getting what they want.
Just look at C-$ going to a foreign country and complaining because they didn't speak enough English. He should have gone to Florida.

When travelling respect the culture you are in or stay home. I've never heard a European go to the US and come back and say they are too loud. They respect that they are in another country and things will be different.

I have seen Americans complain incessantly about how they aren't getting what they want.
Just look at C-$ going to a foreign country and complaining because they didn't speak enough English. He should have gone to Florida.
I work very hard to adhere to that basic tenant when I travel out of the country. With the exception of a heated exchange with the Dominican Republic's version of a TSA officer over a stroller which refused to collapse, I've been very successful.

However, when some punk-ass Italian kids cut in front of me at Disney, they are not respecting the culture of our country and are equally embarrassing to their countrypersons. I think most of their countrypersons would agree.

mpolite or ill-mannered

Again, impolite and ill mannered are subjective and dictated by culture, doesn't matter if it's "inherent" or not. You're seeing the meaning of those words only from your cultural view. Like I said, you almost had it, but you're only failing more.

"Failing" means: you kinda suck at this.

Again, impolite and ill mannered are subjective and dictated by culture, doesn't matter if it's "inherent" or not. You're seeing the meaning of those words only from your cultural view. Like I said, you almost had it, but you're only failing more.

"Failing" means: you kinda suck at this.
To the contrary, I think you're failing to prove I'm failing. There are things which are rude regardless of cultural context. If rudeness were always based on the cultural context, nothing could be considered universally rude. Do you disagree that there are some things which are just universally rude? Another way of thinking about it is this--are there behaviors that you would not, or could not, accept as a mere cultural difference? If some foreigner groped my wife in front of me, I don't give a damn what culture he's from, he's going to catch a (attempted) beating. That is inherently/universally rude, and I know of no culture where it would be considered a forgivable "cultural difference".

To the contrary, I think you're failing to prove I'm failing. There are things which are rude regardless of cultural context. If rudeness were always based on the cultural context, nothing could be considered universally rude. Do you disagree that there are some things which are just universally rude? Another way of thinking about it is this--are there behaviors that you would not, or could not, accept as a mere cultural difference? If some foreigner groped my wife in front of me, I don't give a damn what culture he's from, he's going to catch a (attempted) beating. That is inherently/universally rude, and I know of no culture where it would be considered a forgivable "cultural difference".

Cultural definition is an inherent quality of words describing any social behavior. Inherent means: well you know what it means.

It's very subjective to the culture and though you may think groping is rude, there may be a tribe in New Guinea that believes it very polite.

Cultural definition is an inherent quality of words describing any social behavior. Inherent means: well you know what it means.

It's very subjective to the culture and though you may think groping is rude, there may be a tribe in New Guinea that believes it very polite.
I still think there are behaviors which would be considered rude across all cultures, thus they are universally rude. Now you're speaking in hypotheticals. Hypotheticals can be useful in argument to prove or disprove a theory, but they don't establish facts. Until you find this New Guinea tribe, I'll consider it universally rude.

I still think there are behaviors which would be considered rude across all cultures, thus they are universally rude. Now you're speaking in hypotheticals. Hypotheticals can be useful in argument to prove or disprove a theory, but they don't establish facts. Until you find this New Guinea tribe, I'll consider it universally rude.
Maybe, but ........ you're still ignoring the fact, that rude is a subjective word that is defined by cultural norms. I used a hypothetical because you still continue to attempt to argue around the inherent quality of words describing social behavior being dependent on the society's particular view and norms of etiquette.

You're not going to turn this into an argument about the validity of using hypothetical tribes in New Guinea because that doesn't matter in the least. Your view of rude has been dictated for you by social conditioning. Until you get that .... well ... you don't get it.

Hmmm....doubt it, but keep trying. One day you may be up there with me....you know, those ugly, greedy 1%'ers
Fat dumb and genetically disabled is nothing to be proud of Jim. Just sayin'

Maybe, but ........ you're still ignoring the fact, that rude is a subjective word that is defined by cultural norms. I used a hypothetical because you still continue to attempt to argue around the inherent quality of words describing social behavior being dependent on the society's particular view and norms of etiquette.

You're not going to turn this into an argument about the validity of using hypothetical tribes in New Guinea because that doesn't matter in the least. Your view of rude has been dictated for you by social conditioning. Until you get that .... well ... you don't get it.
No, I absolutely get it. I just think some things are so bad they transcend subjective social classification and become universally rude. To use your own words, an action that has been dictated by every manner of social conditioning as rude, is inherently rude. You're hypothesizing that some fictional culture wouldn't find it rude in order to defeat the argument. You're failing, and by failing I mean losing this argument.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT