ADVERTISEMENT

Gator Bowl Seat Assignment

Lillyr66

Redshirt
Feb 17, 2016
Just saw my seat assignment on the IU ticket office site. Did not get the club seating that I requested....I'm in the lower level section 241 row N. Excited about the game and hope the Hoosier faithful show up to the game! Go Hoosiers!

Just saw my seat assignment on the IU ticket office site. Did not get the club seating that I requested....I'm in the lower level section 241 row N. Excited about the game and hope the Hoosier faithful show up to the game! Go Hoosiers!

Section 241 is not bad at all. It’s only 2 sections over from the box seats. You sit high enough to see the field.
What were your priority points like? Good?

https://aviewfrommyseat.co.uk/photo/46669/TIAA+Bank+Field/section-241/row-F/seat-14/

We decided to go big. We bought those Ticketmaster premium seats, which is total BS because they’re basically scalping their own tickets, but they’re sweet. Section 35, Row E. On the IU side and on the 35 yard line.

We decided to go big. We bought those Ticketmaster premium seats, which is total BS because they’re basically scalping their own tickets, but they’re sweet. Section 35, Row E. On the IU side and on the 35 yard line.
I wish I had done that. I bought through the IU site and ended up in section 230 even though I've been a season ticket holder and small varsity club contributor ($300 - $500) for the past 16 years. Lesson learned - next time I'll spend more on stubhub or ticketmaster for better seats. I know that IU couldn't have really anticipated the demand, but I feel a little misled that as a season ticket holder with seats in section 6 at MS I could have ended up in the end zone for the bowl game.

I would have gladly paid the resellers' price for decent seats

You spend around $200 per seat on those?

Yeah. Before fees. After fees it was basically $240/each. Those bastages nabbed an extra $40 on already marked up seats in “Service Fees”. 5th row on the 35 makes up for it though. We also get to enter through the club entrance and have some special area where we get smaller lines for food, beer, and bathrooms. I’m pretty happy. We’ve got a group of 5 and these were as close as we could get and buy 5. To get closer we had to buy 4 or 6 seats.

Yeah. Before fees. After fees it was basically $240/each. Those bastages nabbed an extra $40 on already marked up seats in “Service Fees”. 5th row on the 35 makes up for it though. We also get to enter through the club entrance and have some special area where we get smaller lines for food, beer, and bathrooms. I’m pretty happy. We’ve got a group of 5 and these were as close as we could get and buy 5. To get closer we had to buy 4 or 6 seats.

Those seats are about as good as it gets in the box section. Great view.

Section 241 for me as well!

I hope everyone sits down. I'm too damn old to be standing up.

Reactions: Lillyr66
They almost Fed Ex'd ours to Dallas for some reason...despite being well-invested in the VC since moving to Bloomington, and having several sport season tickets mailed to our addy here for 2+ years now.

Always scares me having kids working the ticket offices. :D

Reactions: 4IUSox2 and cryano
Section 241 for me as well!

I hope everyone sits down. I'm too damn old to be standing up.
If it's anything like memorial stadium, you won't have to worry about that! I am one of "those people" who do stand up until I realize I'm the only one standing! just kidding! I want to have a reason to stand up and get off my butt.....Go Hoosiers!

If it's anything like memorial stadium, you won't have to worry about that! I am one of "those people" who do stand up until I realize I'm the only one standing! just kidding! I want to have a reason to stand up and get off my butt.....Go Hoosiers!

I was standing up during the UM game and had a guy tap me on the shoulder and ask me to sit down. It was just before HT and he and his wife had gotten to their seats just a few minutes before that. I asked him to stand and then pointed to all of the people in front of me that were standing and asked him if he was going to get all of them to sit as well? He said he was getting an usher and I said go ahead. The usher came down to verify that I had a ticket, we were in Section 7, Row 25, so I showed him my stub. The guy also told him that I was using foul language, even though I wasn't. To top it all off the guy and his wife left during HT and never came back inside.

Reactions: Lillyr66
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT