ADVERTISEMENT

Garcia in B'Town

You really do just pull chit out of your a$$. You ever seen this site? It's interesting and keeps ongoing top 10 lists for many things. It's always being updated by viewers of the site who vote. Look where Indiana is and let us know where Marquette is.
Votes? Just look at the facts.

How do you figure this, feepie? Marquette has made the tourney 2 times in the last 6 years, and lost both times in the opening round to South Carolina (2017) and last year got destroyed by Murray State by 19 points. IU buttblasted Marquette LAST YEAR by 23 points, 96-73.
Marquette lost both Hausers, and will lose Markus Howard this year. IU is building a strong roster, while Marquette is trending downward. Your ridiculous negativity towards IU is so sad and pathetic, to be fair.
How many times do you think we’ve made the tournament in the last 6 years genius? Here’s a tip...count slower.

In the last 11 years (Crean and Archie):
NCAA Tournaments:
IU 4
Marquette 7

Sweet 16:
Both 3

Elite 8
IU 0
Marquette 1

Recheck your figures big guy. You have some fuzzy math somewhere.

Even during our long dry spell, I’d bet we have been a much a higher profile team than Marquette and with more players placed into the League. If he wants to go to a program like Marquette then he’s not someone who has the intestinal fortitude to help us rebuild the program.
Could you blame him? We’ve been “rebuilding” for going on 20 years and 4 coaches. How long can we use that phrase?

Reactions: Kyser123 and cryano
Yeah, you're right. He was a year, maybe two years.old when Marquette went to the final four. A year after IU's last appearance. You really do just post the stupidest BS I've seen on any forum. Damn.
See above for basic reality.

How many times do you think we’ve made the tournament in the last 6 years genius? Here’s a tip...count slower.

NCAA Tournaments:
IU 4
Marquette 7

Sweet 16:
Both 3

Elite 8
IU 0
Marquette 1

Feepaw, you're being incredibly stupid. Almost NO ONE except delusional Marquette fans and you, an anti-IU troll, thinks that Marquette is anywhere near the same level of renown nationwide as IU. It's totally stupid. What I don't know is if you're purposely being stupid, or if you're too stupid to know you're being stupid.

NCAA Tournaments:
IU 4
Marquette 7

Sweet 16:
Both 3

Elite 8
IU 0
Marquette 1

You cherry picking idiot. Go back 20 years. In the last 20 years IU has been on par or better than Marquette.

Reactions: Al Bino
You cherry picking idiot. Go back 20 years. In the last 20 years IU has been on par or better than Marquette.
It’s not cherry picking. It’s the stats of our last two coaches. It’s living in the real world.

But let’s go 20 years for fun:
NCAA Tournaments:
IU 11 (7 between 2000-2008)
Marquette: 12

Sweet 16s:
Both 4

Elite 8:
IU 1
Marquette 2

Final Four:
Both 1

So they even beat us on your timeline as well.

Feepaw, you're being incredibly stupid. Almost NO ONE except delusional Marquette fans and you, an anti-IU troll, thinks that Marquette is anywhere near the same level of renown nationwide as IU. It's totally stupid. What I don't know is if you're purposely being stupid, or if you're too stupid to know you're being stupid.
The kid is 17 or 18. He likely doesn’t care what IU accomplished before the three point line and during black and white TV like we do. All he remembers is the last 10 years or so, when Marquette has clearly been the better program.

Plus Marquette is in his own state. I’m sure he knows a lot more about them than he does about IU’s success in the 70s or 80s.

It’s like expecting a football kid from Texas to know (and care) more about Nebraska’s success in the 90s than TCU or Texas Tech’s recently. It’s just delusions in the minds of fans.

The kid is 17 or 18. He likely doesn’t care what IU accomplished before the three point line and during black and white TV like we do. All he remembers is the last 10 years or so, when Marquette has clearly been the better program.

Plus Marquette is in his own state. I’m sure he knows a lot more about them than he does about IU’s success in the 70s or 80s.

It’s like expecting a football kid from Texas to know (and care) more about Nebraska’s success in the 90s than TCU or Texas Tech’s recently. It’s just delusions in the minds of fans.
Seriously stupid.

Reactions: MrBing and BigMobe

Nebraska football is just what we are. It is crazy 90k still go to their games. Yet I just went to a IU team that hasn't made the tournament in 3 years exhibition game. yikes.

Add geography to something you don't know. Marquette is in Wisconsin. Dawson Garcia is from Minnesota. Wisconsin is not Minnesota. Milwaukee, where Marquette is located, is about 5 hours from Minneapolis. Garcia is from just outside Minneapolis. So it's not like it's even so close that there would be lots about it on the radio, tv, and news.

Fair points. I just hope he knows Marquette isn't in his home state either.

Add geography to something you don't know. Marquette is in Wisconsin. Dawson Garcia is from Minnesota. Wisconsin is not Minnesota. Milwaukee, where Marquette is located, is about 5 hours from Minneapolis. Garcia is from just outside Minneapolis. So it's not like it's even so close that there would be lots about it on the radio, tv, and news.
I was definitely wrong on that. I thought he was from Wisconsin.

The impending rule change by the NCAA concerning NLI might work in IU's favor. It's to go into effect January 2021 which will be in the middle of his freshman season. Would he likely make more from endorsements at IU or Marquette?

interesting point, and how incredibly disturbing is that.

fraudpaw is bitter about the football team so he is striking out here. Ahiaboiler has even joined in after being demolished on other threads.

It’s not cherry picking. It’s the stats of our last two coaches. It’s living in the real world.

But let’s go 20 years for fun:
NCAA Tournaments:
IU 11 (7 between 2000-2008)
Marquette: 12

Sweet 16s:
Both 4

Elite 8:
IU 1
Marquette 2

Final Four:
Both 1

So they even beat us on your timeline as well.
You left out we where on probation and had sanctions in that timeline. You really are a piece of work aren’t you? We are better and have beat them head to head.

Reactions: MrBing
His MU visit happened back in February. It might have remained the 'best' visit/impression in his recruiting endeavors, up until this past weekend. So now, he may need to go re-visit MU one last time because his perception of how appealing MU seemed in Feb, has since changed.

It's all glass half full/empty stuff. And I'll agree, it's not even close to a verbal "hey I'm going to IU" but any Marquette fan who thought they had him in the bag has got to be nervous now.

Ironically, there are still homers up in Minny that think he's staying local.

And let's not get our panties in a twist if he chooses MU. We weren't even in this 6 months ago, he's not a local kid, and we didn't have a great season last yr to brag about. I hope we land him, he's a great player and will be a huge help if he comes to IU. But we shouldn't expect him to be the second coming of Cody. Just trying to keep things in perspective.

I disagree with it not being a big miss. Top 40 players who stay multiple years are extremely important if we are going to be a top 10 program. The current class doesn't have any and Garcia looks like our best chance at landing one.

It also sets IU up to have one of the better front courts (based on rankings). A front court of TJD, Brunk, Garcia, and Thompson should be the best in the Big Ten, next year. Projecting 2 years out, IU, could potentially have TJD, Garcia, Kaufman (or Furst), and Thompson. It might be the best front court in the country. Also, it's protection against TJD leaving early. If we miss on Garcia and TJD leaves after his sophomore season, we are back to relying on freshmen big men. Hopefully, we land him.

Last edited:
Reactions: TommyCracker
I don’t know anything about Garcia
Marquette is in his own state.

Exhibit B on why no one thinks you have ANY credibility on this forum.

Exhibit A?

I've been waiting all afternoon to post this because I wanted to be 100% sure. I got a text this morning about it and admittedly I thought it was a rumor at first. I've been waiting to make sure its 100% before posting.
I can say with 100% confidence that Billy and his wife were in Bloomington this morning.
I don't see any scenario where he and his wife come to town and he doesn't take the job. It's happening!!!

I rest my case, your honor. ;)

I disagree with it not being a big miss. Top 40 players who stay multiple years are extremely important if we are going to be a top 10 program. The current class doesn't have any and Garcia looks like our best chance at landing one.

It also sets IU up to have one of the better front courts (based on rankings) in the nation. The front court of TJD, Brunk, Garcia, and Thompson should be the best in the Big Ten, next year. Projecting 2 years out, IU, could potentially have TJD, Garcia, Kaufman (or Furst), and Thompson. It might be the best front court in the country. Also, it's protection against TJD leaving early. If we miss on Garcia and TJD leaves after his sophomore season, we are back to relying on freshmen big men. Hopefully, we land the kid.
just trying to keep things in perspective based on our involvement with Garcia since his recruitment began. I will concede, I've said several times how recruiting is all about program momentum, and landing Garcia in this next class would really help push the snowball downhill fast. Those big names in the 2021 class would take notice of what's happening in Bloomington.

However, based on some of the reports I'm reading about last night's exhibition game, the season is already lost and the dumpster fire is raging, we might just need to cancel the season now to save ourselves from further embarrassment....or something like that. TIC....just hope we can play with a healthy team this year, of which I am starting to have doubts.

Reactions: snarlcakes
Any kid who aspires to make it to the show in a few years can't be picking his 1-2 yr stop in college based on proximity to mommy and daddy...can he??

Regardless of the records over the past 20 yrs, I'm willing to bet IU has put more players into the NBA during that stretch, and appears on national TV broadcasts more than MU. For any kid who aspires a big contract, that has to be on the checklist.

Last edited:
A quick comparison before he makes his decision, perhaps. I just can't see Marquette being more attractive than his IU visit. This makes it seem as if it is between IU and Marquette.
I'm hoping for an early snow and bitter cold temperatures during his visit!

I thought someone said he was from Milwaukee?
Somebody did, but that was after they admitted they didn't know anything about him other than he wasn't an impact player, but that was before they said we sucked so we would lose him to Marquette, which is a much more successful program when looking over the last last 11 years, which were even, not odd...or something like that. I got lost, but I heard he's 100% sure.

Last edited:
He is from Prior Lake, Minnesota, just outside of Minneapolis.

Look at it this way, if his parents want to see him play, a weekend trip is fairly easy to Milwaukee but even a 3 day weekend trip would be difficult driving all the way to Bloomington. I'm sure IU has ways to address this, but in terms of comparisons, that is one thing Milwaukee&Marquette have an advantage in.

You left out we where on probation and had sanctions in that timeline. You really are a piece of work aren’t you? We are better and have beat them head to head.
Please tell me all about these sanctions. Are you referring to losing one scholarship for one year? Those self imposed “sanctions”?

So the kid is supposed to boost us for that? The fact is you were wrong. Marquette has been clearly better over any time period the last 20 years. Just suck it up, tuck your tail, and move on like an adult.

Reactions: beenther1s
Please tell me all about these sanctions. Are you referring to losing one scholarship for one year? Those self imposed “sanctions”?

So the kid is supposed to boost us for that? The fact is you were wrong. Marquette has been clearly better over any time period the last 20 years. Just suck it up, tuck your tail, and move on like an adult.
I could have sworn that IU beat Marquette soundly last year.

Why oh why, folks, do you keep responding to this troll? I'm thinking that he gets paid for clicks by this site. dws

Clearly better? 1 more elite 8. 1 more tournament birth. God you are narcissistic. Pretty pathetic. We stole their coach too. Lol

Reactions: MrBing and Al Bino
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT