ADVERTISEMENT

Garbage referees

Chad_36

All-American
Mar 23, 2002
Missed a hook, a flop, and a charge on Wisconsin meanwhile every little thing is getting called on Indiana.

Missed a hook, a flop, and a charge on Wisconsin meanwhile every little thing is getting called on Indiana.

Oh, Nigel!!!

top%252Bsecret%252Bfilm%252B1984.jpg

Reactions: dusto nomo

What I hear: "Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!"

We had 19 TO's to 6 A's. Our starting five had 15 TO's to 4 A's and our starting PG had 4 TO's to 1 A, and one players on the opposing team almost made more FT's than our entire team took. We had plenty in our control to win the game. Blaming refs is for losers and PU.

Yogi could have won the game at the end of regulation......had Hayes up in the air, and although he's a SENIOR POINT GUARD TEAM LEADER, decided to lean away from contact and throw up an off balanced jump shot instead of drawing a foul.

When the game is close, this team plays like their coach.......dumb.

Man Wisky is not very good. We should have not lost to them. We fell behind and reverted back to some spaztastically played basketball. Troy was back to being Troy.

Crean's demise is still intact. No way we should have lost that game if we are as good as some say we are. And I'm sick and tired of the excuse, well it's hard to win on the road in the B1G. If it had been Michigan, MSU, or Maryland, then yeah, I'll buy that argument. But it was Wisky. I honestly can't believe we lost to them.

Next month is huge and will more than likely prove that our light schedule did not do us any favors.

Man Wisky is not very good. We should have not lost to them. We fell behind and reverted back to some spaztastically played basketball. Troy was back to being Troy.

Crean's demise is still intact. No way we should have lost that game if we are as good as some say we are. And I'm sick and tired of the excuse, well it's hard to win on the road in the B1G. If it had been Michigan, MSU, or Maryland, then yeah, I'll buy that argument. But it was Wisky. I honestly can't believe we lost to them.

Next month is huge and will more than likely prove that our light schedule did not do us any favors.
The complete lack of movement and any semblance of an offense for at least the last few minutes of regulation and all of OT was what I've come to expect.

The complete lack of movement and any semblance of an offense for at least the last few minutes of regulation and all of OT was what I've come to expect.

And that wonderfully drawn up inbounds play with 3 seconds left in OT.......a thing of fk'n beauty.

Didn't even have a shot......at all. Can't people see the forest through the trees? This coach is subpar. IU will never go ANYWHERE with him at the helm........NEVER.

And that wonderfully drawn up inbounds play with 3 seconds left in OT.......a thing of fk'n beauty.

Didn't even have a shot......at all. Can't people see the forest through the trees? This coach is subpar. IU will never go ANYWHERE with him at the helm........NEVER.
And that wasn't the first time a critical in-bounds play blew up in our face. Pathetic.

Reactions: IUecho87
But at least we conducted ourselves with dignity and class, you know, because "it's Indiana".

Oh...about that...we had our clown of a strength coach yelling at Wisconsin players on free throws. Seriously, you learn not to do that in grade school bball.

http://www.scout.com/college/wiscon...14499448-indiana-coach-yelling-on-free-throws

Yep. I've been complaining about that fool all season long. It's a circus over on the sideline. But not surprising. Crean allows that garbage.

I agree with all that but @Chad_36 is correct. They missed many of Happ hooks (they weren
t even chicken wings as he just wrapped his entire arm around the body) and called every little tick tack for Nigel. Still should have won. But it is FACT regardless how much people hate complaining about the refs. Also, twice Dan D sait 'that could've been an And-1' on a Yogi layup. But not at Wisky. Not with those refs. It was atrocious.

And I'm not bothered by it.

Yogi missed his chance to seal it. Again.

And I'm not bothered by that either.

Reactions: Hoops Cat
It was Pat Driscoll. He is to officiating what Crean is to coaching. That said, there is no excuses for losing that game. None. This team learned nothing from sharing the ball like they did in their previous games. As soon as pressure is applied, this team chokes....just like their coach.

Here's another little tidbit. IU fans, mainly the moronic ones, like to talk about us being an "elite" program. Really, please show me when Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina, or Kansas had a 14 year drought at an opponents building. This guy has 2-3 wins in 8 seasons against Wisconsin. He's went 4-8 against Purdue. He has a losing record to FRIGGING NORTHWESTERN.

Dear Coach Crean Butt Lickers: die.

Wisconsin is terrible. I'm seeing why Alvarez didn't want Greg Gard to be the head coach. They play almost as dumb as IU does.

Reactions: IU40IU
And that wasn't the first time a critical in-bounds play blew up in our face. Pathetic.

Any time you can have your freshman reserve, who doesn't normally inbound the ball, inbound the the ball on the critical game ending play.... well, you have to do it. amirite?

You don't think trying to get the ball to Burton 80 feet from the basket was a good play? Either it was a freshman mistake or the dumbest coaching move ever.

Has Crean ever drawn up a game ending play that was successful? I don't recall one. I also don't recall Yogi ever hitting a game ending shot. I thought of the Watford shot but that was off a FT miss if I remember correctly. I said last night that with 3.7 seconds there was no way we'd get a shot off but I thought the pass would be a hail mary that was stolen.

Has Crean ever drawn up a game ending play that was successful? I don't recall one. I also don't recall Yogi ever hitting a game ending shot. I thought of the Watford shot but that was off a FT miss if I remember correctly. I said last night that with 3.7 seconds there was no way we'd get a shot off but I thought the pass would be a hail mary that was stolen.

3.7 sec to any halfway decent coach is an eternity......with Crean it never existed in the first place.

I'd put money on the latter.
I questioned why Burton was in the game. We had Yogi, RoJo, Zeisloft, OG, and Williams available. I know Williams was pulled late. Was the idea to have Burton in to set a screen instead of having Williams in the game? Not a bad idea except the screener often is left open.

It probably didn't matter. The Wat Shot is the last time I can remember scoring a last second winning shot.

I questioned why Burton was in the game. We had Yogi, RoJo, Zeisloft, OG, and Williams available. I know Williams was pulled late. Was the idea to have Burton in to set a screen instead of having Williams in the game? Not a bad idea except the screener often is left open.

It probably didn't matter. The Wat Shot is the last time I can remember scoring a last second winning shot.

The Wat Shot happened because it occurred after a missed FT. Can you image the gem he would have drawn up if it came after his famous TO?

The reason why end game magic doesn't happen is because the delicate genius never puts the team in a legitimate position where it COULD happen.

Grade A mental midget.

May be imagining this, but wasn't Zeller's screen on that something he just did? That's what took Teague out of the play and why Watford's wide open as the trailer, which I also don't think was designed. I just seem to remember some comments about that play design not being the way it played out.

May be imagining this, but wasn't Zeller's screen on that something he just did? That's what took Teague out of the play and why Watford's wide open as the trailer, which I also don't think was designed. I just seem to remember some comments about that play design not being the way it played out.

Yep.....I believe Crean even commented that it was a broken play.

Zeller is the reason why the clown is still here.

Yep.....I believe Crean even commented that it was a broken play.

Zeller is the reason why the clown is still here.

How sad is it that the greatest play in Crean's era, one they sell pictures of at the bookstore is a broken play he can't even take credit for?

How sad is it that the greatest play in Crean's era, one they sell pictures of at the bookstore is a broken play he can't even take credit for?

It represents the true reason why he's had ANY success as a bball coach.....pure luck.

The Wat Shot happened because it occurred after a missed FT. Can you image the gem he would have drawn up if it came after his famous TO?

The reason why end game magic doesn't happen is because the delicate genius never puts the team in a legitimate position where it COULD happen.

Grade A mental midget.
UK made the FT. IU didnt have any TOs left so Crean couldnt call one to set something up. Wat took it out, passed to VJ3, and was then the trailer on the play.

UK made the FT. IU didnt have any TOs left so Crean couldnt call one to set something up. Wat took it out, passed to VJ3, and was then the trailer on the play.

Jesus.....that's right.....I was thinking of the first FT. My bad.

But the play never would have happened if he drew something up from a timeout.

Jesus.....that's right.....I was thinking of the first FT. My bad.

But the play never would have happened if he drew something up from a timeout.

IU took their last TO in between Lamb's 1st and 2nd FT. So they did draw something up knowing they would be down only 1 or 2 points. To ad lib and come up with that shot on the fly, though, is just a credit to VJIII, Zeller, and Watford.

And on the subject of shitty coaching, let's also remember to credit Calipari for once again not getting his team to foul at a critical juncture of a game.

It's so if Yogi miraculously bails him out, he can sit at the post game press conference and pontificate on what a genius he is for making some quirky subs. There was no effective strategy to that move.

All flash, no substance. My hate burns bright bright underneath my indifference.

Reactions: Lucy01
You don't think trying to get the ball to Burton 80 feet from the basket was a good play? Either it was a freshman mistake or the dumbest coaching move ever.

I'd put money on the latter.

No, but they're all kept within the state borders.
heres-what-happened-on-the-colts-horrible-fake-punt--the-worst-play-in-nfl-history.jpg

This play alone should have cost him his job (at the end of the season). Must have told the attention craved Mad Tweeter that he has more free publicity where this one came from.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT