ADVERTISEMENT

GameDay @ Bloomington just announced...

I said "we" have never had gameday. We certainly want someone who is nationally known. Might as well have Jordan Hulls on. :rolleyes:
I said “they” don’t need more air time. People already know who those two are. Now a real IU athlete gets his. Be happy for him or don’t be I guess.

Reactions: red hornet
lol. 2 time World Series champ.
Will Smith, pitching for the Royals. Has a 6.53 ERA and has 3 World Series rings. Couldn't pick him out of a lineup if my life depended on it. Weird stat to choose. If you are going to choose a 2 time all-star, choose Oladipo.

I said “they” don’t need more air time. People already know who those two are. Now a real IU athlete gets his. Be happy for him or don’t be I guess.
Yeah, you said "they" in response to my statement, where I said "we". Hence why I called it out. People already knowing who they are is the exact reason why it makes sense to have them. There are more notable athletes than a non-HOF baseball player considering the limited college baseball audience. It's not about being happy for him, he is doing fine and good for him! But this isn't a shrine Schwarber day, it's a celebration of IU football. My entire point was we have a chance on a national stage to hype up our program and that is the best we can do. You can try to justify it but it's *yawn* of a pick.

Reactions: sparkeyreturns
Yeah, you said "they" in response to my statement, where I said "we". Hence why I called it out. People already knowing who they are is the exact reason why it makes sense to have them. There are more notable athletes than a non-HOF baseball player considering the limited college baseball audience. It's not about being happy for him, he is doing fine and good for him! But this isn't a shrine Schwarber day, it's a celebration of IU football. My entire point was we have a chance on a national stage to hype up our program and that is the best we can do. You can try to justify it but it's *yawn* of a pick.
Well maybe IU pushed this one. Maybe those you are pushing said no….i am happy with the selection. I mean he played for IU baseball but was also a good football player that could have played in college. He knows football.

Will Smith, pitching for the Royals. Has a 6.53 ERA and has 3 World Series rings. Couldn't pick him out of a lineup if my life depended on it. Weird stat to choose. If you are going to choose a 2 time all-star, choose Oladipo.
Meh, you are way off base and out on left field. Schwarbs while not an MVP was a valuable piece on both teams. And Vic would have been a fine choice also. This is for us and I could give less than a crap if Betty in Vermont doesn’t know who he is.

"Old billionaires" seem to be quite popular these days. 2M people and half won't know who our guest picker is. To me when its on national TV, you're looking for someone with national recognition. Its that simple. I am certain if I asked my wife or kids who Schwarber is, they won't know. If I ask who Joe Buck or Mark Cuban is, they know. If young was the important criteria, get TJD or Eric Gordon.
If you ask your wife and kids and they don’t know who he is, then you’re not a very good Hoosier fan

Reactions: Shadesof Crimson
I’m saying we don’t need the same old dudes getting air time. Is that good enough? Oh and both have been on gameday.

I needed confirmation...but the Red River Shootout games were really the only GameDays I can remember for noon games (3:30 this year, though).

That said...given this setup...I firmly believe the last hour of the show this week, given our noon start, will be either where the Fox setup was last week on the field, or up on the deck behind/next to the band on the north end.

Reactions: red hornet and 76-1
I needed confirmation...but the Red River Shootout games were really the only GameDays I can remember for noon games (3:30 this year, though).

That said...given this setup...I firmly believe the last hour of the show this week, given our noon start, will be either where the Fox setup was last week on the field, or up on the deck behind/next to the band on the north end.
I think I read they would be moving inside the stadium at 11:30, Tough decision for kids who want to get on Game Day but also good seats for football. Heard some kids are camping out.

So I was in Btown today and saw them setting up by the stadium. Dinner at Nicks and some ESPN guys were shooting some film there. They sat and talked to us for about 15 minutes. We were giving them food recommendations, etc. Most of them hadn’t been to Bloomington before but were very complimentary and excited to be someplace different. I asked if Lee was with them and they said he’s probably in bed. ( this was at 7). I also asked about the double decker bus. He was really surprised I knew about it, asked me who my contacts were, and called the other people over to tell them we knew about it. Can’t remember who first mentioned that. Victor? Anyway a really fun conversation and nice guys.

Meh, you are way off base and out on left field. Schwarbs while not an MVP was a valuable piece on both teams. And Vic would have been a fine choice also. This is for us and I could give less than a crap if Betty in Vermont doesn’t know who he is.
No, I'm not. I yawned just listening to you explain your perspective. It makes sense why you like it.

Out of curiosity, to try and get a ballpark read on the broader public reaction to Schwarber, we can look at the number of views each of the nine guest pickers this year have received on GameDay’s guest announcement post on X/Twitter.

In the half a day or so since the announcement, Schwarber's views (1 million+) already exceeded three of them (Dawn Staley, Michael Phelps, Blake Shelton). He'll most likely pass Johnny Manziel today. I can't really predict how many more views are coming, but he'll end up between #3 to #5 out of nine on announcement post views.

Not bad... IU isn't exactly the biggest FB program around to drive views. And the vast majority of the comments are very positive. We seem to be in good shape with our guest picker.

Was he trying to say Schwarber isn't recognizable? I'm not going through and trying to find his original post, but if he is....well, he isn't very bright. And not only do I agree about your opinions on Betty, I'm pretty sure she doesn't watch gameday anyway.

Out of curiosity, to try and get a ballpark read on the broader public reaction to Schwarber, we can look at the number of views each of the nine guest pickers this year have received on GameDay’s guest announcement post on X/Twitter.

In the half a day or so since the announcement, Schwarber's views (1 million+) already exceeded three of them (Dawn Staley, Michael Phelps, Blake Shelton). He'll most likely pass Johnny Manziel today. I can't really predict how many more views are coming, but he'll end up between #3 to #5 out of nine on announcement post views.

Not bad... IU isn't exactly the biggest FB program around to drive views. And the vast majority of the comments are very positive. We seem to be in good shape with our guest picker.
Lmao! Yeah, they're clicking to view it because they're thinking, "who the hell is this?"

Was he trying to say Schwarber isn't recognizable? I'm not going through and trying to find his original post, but if he is....well, he isn't very bright. And not only do I agree about your opinions on Betty, I'm pretty sure she doesn't watch gameday anyway.
Nope. I said he isn't AS recognizable as the others. I'm not anti-schwarber but most any non-baseball fan wouldn't have a clue who he is. That's just facts.

Lmao! Yeah, they're clicking to view it because they're thinking, "who the hell is this?"
Wrong. He's already 4th in Likes out of the nine guests, and it hasn't even been a full day yet since he was announced. People like the pick.

Wrong. He's already 4th in Likes out of the nine guests, and it hasn't even been a full day yet since he was announced. People like the pick.
IU has a lot of alumni, my guy. Bama, Georgia, Michigan, Ohio State, Clemson...etc., couldn't care less about their gameday or picker, that's just called a Saturday to them. Your logic is flawed.

IU has a lot of alumni, my guy. Bama, Georgia, Michigan, Ohio State, Clemson...etc., couldn't care less about their gameday or picker, that's just called a Saturday to them. Your logic is flawed.
I've got the data, you're making stuff up -- like those huge FB fanbases don't follow every detail of what's going on.

Thanks for crapping all over a thread on one of the most positive events to happen to IUFB.

I've got the data, you're making stuff up -- like those huge FB fanbases don't follow every detail of what's going on.

Thanks for crapping all over a thread on one of the most positive events to happen to IUFB.
Cry some more. Yeesh. It was not the best pick, its that simple.

Cry some more. Yeesh. It was not the best pick, its that simple.
ESPN isn’t in the business of just randomly picking guys. They like ratings too. I’m still not understanding this emotional response from you. If they thought or could’ve gotten those other two then they would have.

ESPN isn’t in the business of just randomly picking guys. They like ratings too. I’m still not understanding this emotional response from you. If they thought or could’ve gotten those other two then they would have.
Not emotional, just speaking facts. I'm sorry this is so offensive to you. You'll get over it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT