ADVERTISEMENT

GameDay @ Bloomington just announced...

In what possible world would he be the best option? The guy who’s been fired from every job he ever held?
He's the only one who actually knows and actually played sports, and is still an IU fan. The rest of the others are just fillers or don't have much interest in IU anymore. There isn't a bigger media guy with IU ties to get the ratings as he does. Get a clue.

He's the only one who actually knows and actually played sports, and is still an IU fan. The rest of the others are just fillers or don't have much interest in IU anymore. There isn't a bigger media guy with IU ties to get the ratings as he does. Get a clue.
Have you ever watched Gameday? Sports bona fides are not a factor at all. They have musicians and actors all the time. Probably more often than they have athletes as guest picker.

It’s going to be someone far more culturally relevant than Dakich.

Ha. He is down to local AM radio and has a niche podcast with a small audience. He also has a face for radio. Not a realistic option.

Lmao. Sure. TJD, Antwan , Schwab’s, Lilly King… to start with. You do know Dakich was fired from ESPN, right? You might need to get a clue.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Just saw a tik tok from Jon Gruden. Didn’t realize he grew up in Bloomington. Could he be guest ? He’s coming to the game.
I believe he grew up in the Smithville area...I've heard stories that he and his family were super competitive in the Smithville Baseball League, which, back in the day...was famously competitive...

I know you heavy lefties couldn't stomach that. But he'd realistically be the best option.
He’s the same as the kardashians. He’s a troll clickbaiter. He says things to just get clicks…he’s not even relevant in 99% of households. The only people who listen to him are extreme righty’s and over emotional lefty’s. He’s a hack. Lmao….yeah Dakich. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Joe buck is far more relevant who has ties. I can’t believe you put ratings and that idiot in the same post. Still lmao!!!!!

Reactions: vesuvius13
Baseball_rainbow_flag.0.0.jpg

How on earth it wasn't Joe Buck or Mark Cuban is beyond me. Only baseball fans have any clue who he is and that includes people from Indiana.
I think he will be good and is a lot better known than you think. Also the key demographic for the show is sports fans who probably pay attention to more than college football.

Reactions: red hornet
I think he will be good and is a lot better known than you think. Also the key demographic for the show is sports fans who probably pay attention to more than college football.
I know who.he is and how known he is, it's not comparable to the others.

He isnt a HOF. Hes a 2 time all-star who was last an all star in 2022. On campus, it works but man, when we want to shine bright nationally, I'd go in a different direction.

We don’t really have anyone who is a big star ratings driver, many schools don’t. Cuban is an old billionaire and Joe is an old announcer… not sure any viewers are stoked to see them.

Schwarbs is younger and fun and “very IU.” He’ll be good. Lee and Pat have ties too.

In the end, 2M people will be tuned into IUFB from 9AM to Noon. And that is awesome.

We don’t really have anyone who is a big star ratings driver, many schools don’t. Cuban is an old billionaire and Joe is an old announcer… not sure any viewers are stoked to see them.

Schwarbs is younger and fun and “very IU.” He’ll be good. Lee and Pat have ties too.

In the end, 2M people will be tuned into IUFB from 9AM to Noon. And that is awesome.
"Old billionaires" seem to be quite popular these days. 2M people and half won't know who our guest picker is. To me when its on national TV, you're looking for someone with national recognition. Its that simple. I am certain if I asked my wife or kids who Schwarber is, they won't know. If I ask who Joe Buck or Mark Cuban is, they know. If young was the important criteria, get TJD or Eric Gordon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT