ADVERTISEMENT

Game time Friday

Is it on CBS this year? I need to know.
truTV gets the four Dayton games on Tuesday and Wednesday. CBS, TBS, TNT and truTV each get four games on Thursday and Friday (TBS has our game with KENT Friday at 9:55ish ET), CBS gets four games on Saturday and three games Sunday, TBS and TNT get two games each on Saturday and Sunday, truTV gets one game Sunday (so CBS doesn't have to preempt 60 Minutes). That gets us from 68 to 16.

CBS and TBS split the Sweet 16 (two games for each network each night), TBS gets the Saturday E8 games, CBS the Sunday E8 games. That's every year.

This year CBS has the Final Four and title game (and this year is Jim Nantz's swan song--he's done calling college hoops after this year's title game; Ian Eagle takes the #1 chair starting next year). TBS/TNT/truTV get the Final Four and title game next year, and it alternates between CBS and Turner from there.

Reactions: Radio Zero
I love late games. Wished we played at 1 am. Those are prime party hours on a Friday night…..even if you don’t go out anymore on Fridays. That gets eyeballs on the t.v at any bar and the drinks are flowing.

They really dont need to take the TV dinner break, they only play 2 at a site anymore right? Even 4 just do the half hr in between . They waste a good 2 hr block that only has like one game on Tru TV or whatever it is in the I'm going to say 4-7 ish time slot.
The Men's 1st round brackets have 4 games played at each site. Afternoon session with 2 games usually start a little after noon EDT, then the evening session starts around 7pm EDT. And they do need the break in between. I helped televise the 1st and 2nd rounds running camera for CBS for 17 years and breaking for supper is needed for everyone on a long long day, but I myself loved it. And besides, IU has usually had the last game at a site because it means ratings since they are in prime-time across the whole country.

Reactions: BigMobe and SRIV94
Well at least our opponent is from the same time zone so their internal body clocks are synced like ours or at least as our teams. If it was synced like most of the posters here I’d be betting the house

I love late games. Wished we played at 1 am. Those are prime party hours on a Friday night…..even if you don’t go out anymore on Fridays. That gets eyeballs on the t.v at any bar and the drinks are flowing.
6pm-12am Ncaa Tournament showcases Kentucky and Indiana during this time.. Friday night to boot. $$$$$

And the most popular time on Sunday is early afternoon which is why if we win we’ll get screwed with the noon tipoff That happened I believe in 1998 after an OT win in the first round

Because CBS wants eyes on the late game and they know IU fans all over the country will stay up to watch. Any other teams playing that 9;30 game means nobody watching. You can bank on the fact that any time we make the NCAAT we will be playing the latest game in the first round. Same reason we had to play the midnight play-in game last year then catch a flight to the west coast for a Thursday game.
do you think we still have that much of a national following; college basketball is a regional sport. people watch the tournament because it's the tournament. Now one thing for damn sure if it was possible to play the late game it was going to be us because this is the year of sub 9 clock starts it seems.

And the most popular time on Sunday is early afternoon which is why if we win we’ll get screwed with the noon tipoff That happened I believe in 1998 after an OT win in the first round
Not that year—IND/CONN was a night game on Saturday (with ILST/ARIZ in the same window).

That all said, I don’t expect we’d play at 12N on Sunday should we prevail. I expect the two Columbus games will be first. Should we win and UK loses to PROV, we could get the 5PM CBS game to lead into 60 Minutes. Otherwise, we’ll be in one of the Turner slots (which start no earlier than 6).

Late night game on st Patrick’s day. Going to be a lot of overserved people with that late start, being it’s amateur night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT