ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Indiana vs. Illinois State (Louisville Regional)

Gorski appears to hurt his wrist on a diving catch in center. Nearly had the out, but instead it drops into center for an RBI single.

5-2 Illinois State with one out in T6, game stopped while trainers and Mercer tend to Gorski.

If anyone thinks it is the pitcher and not us.....he just broke his career record for most strikeouts in a game.....in the 5TH INNING!!!!
We did lead the conference in strikeouts as I recall, so we’re pretty much in form. Gonna have to launch a few more outta the park.

We did lead the conference in strikeouts as I recall, so we’re pretty much in form. Gonna have to launch a few more outta the park.
No, this is bad even for us. I knew we would strike out a lot, but this is an embarrassment. And it's fine to have that attitude if we hit a lot of HR's out. It was fine in the 1st. Not since. Not only was that the only HR, but the only hit.

What is wrong with the hitters??????????????????

For some reason, it looks like the scouting report was to be ultra-aggressive.....maybe the guy has a history of throwing a lot of 1st strike fastballs? The lack of any adjustment is disappointing.

We only struck out once that inning, actually put it into play more. Nothing to show for it, though.

What is wrong with the hitters??????????????????
For the most part this season, our hitters have been dominated by the other team's #1 starter and today is no different. The only difference today is Milto just didn't have it, and considering our inability to hit their ace, he hasn't been able to keep the game close. I had a gut feeling about this game and it wasn't a positive feeling. We are continuing where we left off in the B1G tourney.

They reviewed a hit-by-pitch/foul ball, and gave first to the batter. Call stands.

However, the inning ends with an out on a fielder's choice.

Still 7-2 Illinois State heading into B7.

No, this is bad even for us. I knew we would strike out a lot, but this is an embarrassment. And it's fine to have that attitude if we hit a lot of HR's out. It was fine in the 1st. Not since. Not only was that the only HR, but the only hit.
My point was we weren’t going to get the singles & doubles to get the job done. That would leave us with only the long ball. The comment about having to launch a few outta the park was made with tongue firmly planted in cheek.

I think these guys need to learn that singles and doubles win ball games. With a long ball thrown in once in a while. How can you steal a base if you never get on the bases. Hopefully Coach can work on this.

Fineman gets hit by pitch, bringing in another run. Three hits, four walks, a hit-by-pitch and five runs this inning.

However, officials will review the Fineman HBP

Getting Headrick to sit down has been the key to the game so far. Illinois State's 3 relievers surrendered 5 runs...and left the bases loaded. It's 8-7 Illinois State in bottom 8th.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT