ADVERTISEMENT

Game day Parking

InHepWeTrust

Newcomer
Feb 8, 2011
Holy smokes, I can’t explain this season. Anyhow, going to be making my first trip to BTown since the 2014 game against Missouri, I’ve never dealt with a football scene this packed.

I’ve heard about the parking passes and all that, we are fine to walk a decent distance. Any suggestions? Any good places to park early and walk and hop to some bars/breweries along the way even if it takes a while?

Reactions: red hornet
Parking at Henderson-Atwater Garage and The Poplars Garage are FREE. And there is a free shuttle bus from each. Take the bus to the stadium (actual drop-off/pick-up spot is north side of Assembly Hall), and then walk back to your garage-of-choice after the game. There may only be one bus -- the line to get on after the game is very, VERY LOOONG. Or just walk both ways if you're in good shape. Weather should be good (37-->64, partly cloudy).

Parking at Henderson-Atwater Garage and The Poplars Garage are FREE. And there is a free shuttle bus from each. Take the bus to the stadium (actual drop-off/pick-up spot is north side of Assembly Hall), and then walk back to your garage-of-choice after the game. There may only be one bus -- the line to get on after the game is very, VERY LOOONG. Or just walk both ways if you're in good shape. Weather should be good (37-->64, partly cloudy).
The bus doesn't start until 2 hours before kickoff.

Thanks, we’ve got no problem walking a good distance. Would be willing to walk 2 miles or so without hesitation.

Good advice,we parked at the Poplars Garage last week. Got there about 9:30,by the time we got down to the street the shuttle was just pulling up.
We made the mistake of taking the shuttle back after the game and it was about a 45 minute wait.
I had back surgery 6 weeks ago so I was a bit hesitant to walk back.
I won’t make that mistake this week,I’ll just take my time.
The walking is good for my back,just don’t want to walk it both ways.

I can tell you last week when I got to Lot 12 around 9:30, it was already pretty full. The Church across from Lot 11 was packed with a line of cars trying to get in. Anywhere you find on campus if you are willing to walk should be fine. My wife and I do sometimes park and then walk around campus or over to Kirkwood. Its right at a mile from the stadium to Kirkwood and with the cooler weather if you don't mind walking its a nice walk. With Game Day in town I would imagine it will be packed again. Think I saw the Lots open at 6am.

I can tell you last week when I got to Lot 12 around 9:30, it was already pretty full. The Church across from Lot 11 was packed with a line of cars trying to get in. Anywhere you find on campus if you are willing to walk should be fine. My wife and I do sometimes park and then walk around campus or over to Kirkwood. Its right at a mile from the stadium to Kirkwood and with the cooler weather if you don't mind walking its a nice walk. With Game Day in town I would imagine it will be packed again. Think I saw the Lots open at 6am.
In the past, I've always parked at the Biddle Hotel parking lot at no charge. Going to the Michigan game, but not sure this will be an option with a full house expected.

Coming in from the north. Best route to orange parking lot.
Any help would be appreciated.
GoHoosiers

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT