ADVERTISEMENT

Game 1: Rutgers 2 IU 1 , Final...

ptrich

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
IU left a runner on 2nd in the top of the 1st, and Bierman got into a small jam in the bottom of the inning by walking the first two batters on a full count, before striking out a batter on another full count. He got the next two batters on flyouts to end the inning.

Bierman gave up a lead-off homer in the B2nd and walked two more batters, but ended up leaving them on base. Bierman now has four walks in the first two innings. Here's hoping he settles down or he may not be long for this game.

You get BTN+, I take it?

I’m listening to the game radio on the internet.
You get BTN+, I take it?

I’m listening to the game radio on the internet.
Just bought the annual plan to watch whatever baseball games they show. It still ticks me off that I have to pay full price to listen to kids practice announcing. And crappy camera operators miss 2/3 of the action. SEC schools take baseball so much more seriously. Always a pleasure to watch IU play those schools.

Reactions: Radio Zero
IU finally finds some offense in the 4th with a single by Toetz and a RBI triple by Murrison, all with two outs.

No clue how Murrison’s shot wasn’t a HR. Ball hit 15 feet over the line on the wall.

Pitch count is starting to get up there for both pitchers. The Rutgers pitcher's count is up to 71, while Bierman is approaching 70. I don't know how long they are going to go with these guys since it's opening day. We may get to see what kind of bullpen each team has fairly early.

IU is down to their last six outs, so they need to get busy here.

IU outhit Rutgers, 5 to 3, but RU made the most of their 3 hits to win a disappointing season-opening game for us. Hopefully, we have better luck in the nightcap. We got just one hit out of the top of the order and we have to do much better than that. Freshman Sam Murrison went 2 for 4 at the plate which was a bright spot. Game summary:

IND 1 RU 2 Top 9 2 Outs (scarletknights.com)

When I had to leave, Modugno had gotten off on the right foot. He must have done decently - or a series of relievers did well enough to keep the game winnable.

When I had to leave, Modugno had gotten off on the right foot. He must have done decently - or a series of relievers did well enough to keep the game winnable.
Yeah, it was the case of almost no clutch hitting when we had the chance to drive someone in. That's how it goes. There were several new faces out there heading into this season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT