ADVERTISEMENT

Fred go get Marshall now

Good lawd you are annoying. The point he was making was that Gregg Marshall at IU with IU resources would be a team Cal would prefer not to play. Not sure why you have such a hard time with things like this.

Then he should have said prefer not to play, not guarantee would never. See the difference? Words have meanings.

Yet you think Alford is?!?! Marshall deserves 3 times the amount of Alford. So why is Alford in the conversation but Marshall isn't, due to the amount of money involved?
At the end of the day it doesn't really matter what I think. What matters is what the decision makers think. And those people overwhelmingly prefer Alford over Marshall. It's not even close.

But I will say I agree with them if we look at this in a bubble. If I had to choose between only Alford and Marshall give me Alford all day every day. There's a reason he's coaching at UCLA. He's a good coach.

Knight wanted the neutral site annual games with UK because it would offer more people of each state the opportunity to see such a great rivalry.

Marshall is a better coach than Calipari, yes. Perspective. Lots of coaches can win an NCAA title with half the NBA on their team every year. Compare Cal to Wooden, because he was a guy who got all the talent to come to his school.

Crapapari was just in a fight for his life with a Marshall- coached team full of 3 stars. Put Marshall on IU's bench, have Romeo Langford put on that jersey, and that smug greaseball's smirk will be erased faster than you can say Tom Crean Sucks

Marshall lost by the way. Lots of teams and coaches are close all the time. Winning is what matters- if done fairly
It sound like his wife might be an issue as well

It's funny to see people assume that Marshall would just drop WSU to come to IU. He makes really good money on a low pressure job. Even if offered the job..I don't think he would take it.

It's funny to see people assume that Marshall would just drop WSU to come to IU. He makes really good money on a low pressure job. Even if offered the job..I don't think he would take it.

Not an assumption, no. I think he would be a great fit at IU but if I were a WSU fan, I'd be pretty riled by the talk of it.

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter what I think. What matters is what the decision makers think. And those people overwhelmingly prefer Alford over Marshall. It's not even close.

But I will say I agree with them if we look at this in a bubble. If I had to choose between only Alford and Marshall give me Alford all day every day. There's a reason he's coaching at UCLA. He's a good coach.

We're talking about the same guy that was likely to be fired from UCLA last year? The same guy who gave back the bonuses in his contract and penned a letter of apology to the fans for how awful the team was? THAT coach is the one we want?

Marshall was making late changes on D from man, to 1-3-1 zone without stopping the game. That caused UK so many frustrations and slowed the game down. We need a coach that understands how to defend teams. I just don't understand what from Alford's 16 years as a coach shows anything one could call "successful". We can't get caught up in the lure of the hometown kid. This might be his best year and when you look at it, they're a mere 3 seed.........at UCLA. We know what his limitation at a blue blood is. Why sign up for that?

Reactions: RevMatt
Hopefully all this talk and Alford is just a waste of time and we get Donovan. I really don't want Alford but if they hire him we really have no choice than give him a chance to see what he does here.

Nothing more basic and cliche than starting a "omg hire xyz coach" right after you watch him once on tv

Interesting handle you have Richard. Richard Cory was a great poem turned into a pretty good song by Paul Simon. Is there a story behind why you chose this handle?

"Richard Cory went home last night and put a bullet through his head."
No story, I am aware of the poem and the song. I would assume my parents were not aware.

Reactions: HoosierInOhio7
Did he not get fired due to behavioral issues?

Good point. But being strange and eccentric doesn't mean that one will be strange and eccentric to the point of being offensive enough to be fired. As far as I know, Wichita State has not had any behavioral issues with Coach Marshall.

And to be fair... being strange and eccentric also doesn't mean we'd hang another three banners.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT