ADVERTISEMENT

Fort Wayne on the map

That's just not true. This team has some talent, but there is no consistency and the coach has no control or respect from his team and hence, cannot motivate them to compete. That's not a good sign.

There are no excuses to getting blown out at home multiple times to terrible no name teams with far superior talent. These aren't close losses.

I was lukewarm on the initial hire, but no way did I think things would get so bad so quickly. Our days of being a blue blood bball program are numbered.

I hope we focus more on academics, where the school continues to drop in national rankings. That's an area we can improve upon.
C’mon man. I was lukewarm on the hire and still am but you’ve gotta give the guy a chance.

That's just not true. This team has some talent, but there is no consistency and the coach has no control or respect from his team and hence, cannot motivate them to compete. That's not a good sign.

There are no excuses to getting blown out at home multiple times to terrible no name teams with far superior talent. These aren't close losses.

I was lukewarm on the initial hire, but no way did I think things would get so bad so quickly. Our days of being a blue blood bball program are numbered.

I hope we focus more on academics, where the school continues to drop in national rankings. That's an area we can improve upon.
It's way too early to give up on him. Coach K was a complete flop when he first got to Duke and people wanted him fired. So let's wait and see how he does once he gets his own recruits on the floor.

I have faith in Miller but I bet he is literally pulling his hair out at the mess that was left. He will turn things around. I look for more to leave next year.
I was there. Miller got outcoached. Yes, the players sucked, but Miller didn't adjust to what FW was doing offensively. He stuck to the double teaming, sagging to the lane, "pack line" defense, which is susceptible to hot outside shooting and slow closeouts. FW had a great game plan and the personnel to execute it, executed it flawlessly, and Miller wasn't willing to scrap defending the lane for defending the perimeter.

Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls

....with Crean history repeated itself....i believe with Archie his success will translate here in short time. You couldn't have picked two more opposite of coaches....the only thing i am upset is that we should of had him two years ago.

Reactions: Rakkasan29
I think you are right on this team. This team is very challenged, they are not particularly athletic, not good shooters, and do not have a good basketball IQ. Their ceiling is very low. The good news is basketball programs turn around quickly compared to football. Cream had burned bridges with Indiana high school coaches, Miller does not have that strike against him. I think we will be back in 2 years with Romeo, 3 without.

Define "back".

The class we have coming in next year (including Race) is a pretty good class, even without Langford. It is a solid foundation and I believe we will hit on some of the bigger fish we are after in the 2019 class. I think we could be border line tournament team next year and that things will improve from there.

class we have coming in next year (including Race) is a pretty good class

To be honest with ourselves, it is the type of class that people were all over Crean for landing. I get that he has been our HC for less than a year, but at least call it what it is, a mediocre class (assuming Langford goes elsewhere).

To be honest with ourselves, it is the type of class that people were all over Crean for landing. I get that he has been our HC for less than a year, but at least call it what it is, a mediocre class (assuming Langford goes elsewhere).

Right now Rivals has us at #20. That is not taking into account red shirt Thompson. So it is not a slam dunk class but it is still a solid class. And you have to factor in the short amount of time the staff had to put that class together.

No, results are not what we want right now but if Miller was walking into a good situation, he would not be here at all. Crean still would.

I was there. Miller got outcoached. Yes, the players sucked, but Miller didn't adjust to what FW was doing offensively. He stuck to the double teaming, sagging to the lane, "pack line" defense, which is susceptible to hot outside shooting and slow closeouts. FW had a great game plan and the personnel to execute it, executed it flawlessly, and Miller wasn't willing to scrap defending the lane for defending the perimeter.
Its been known that IU is challenged at defending the arc. It works even more so when you try to match up with FW playing 4 guards. But the stake through the Hoosier heart was FW hitting 17 of 30 3s. pack line or rim line as its sometimes called is good stuff if you have the players to execute playing at an emotional and mental level necessary to make it effective. That's good old team defense. We don't have enough guys giving enough every night to make that happen. Happened against ND, but the sleep walkers showed up against FW. This isn't Archie's team yet. Let him match recruits with effective style of play.

When it comes down to it, a proper team game requires people willing to subvert self to team. Not every athlete is going to do that. We need to see the time when everyone on our squad is willing to do that.

thread_direction.gif

I want to know more about Fort Wayne, please....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT