ADVERTISEMENT

Fort Wayne on the map

TheOriginalHappyGoat

Oct 4, 2010
Margaritaville
Now for something a little lighter.

Tonight is the finale of The Voice. One of the finalists (the favorite?) is a 16-year old junior at Concordia High School here in Fort Wayne, Addison Agen. I don't normally (read: never) watch these things, but I'm watching tonight to see if she can pull it off, because her voice is amazing. Not just for her age, but for anyone.

(For some reason, the picture isn't working on that video for me, but I assure you it's there.)

Tonight is the finale of The Voice. One of the finalists (the favorite?) is a 16-year old junior at Concordia High School here in Fort Wayne, Addison Agen. I don't normally (read: never) watch these things, but I'm watching tonight to see if she can pull it off, because her voice is amazing. Not just for her age, but for anyone.

(For some reason, the picture isn't working on that video for me, but I assure you it's there.)
Oh, I thought you were referring to last night’s basketball game.

We do have an art museum.
wow-9.gif

Where in the Fort are you from Goat? (I grew up on northeast side, went to Snider.)
Also, FWIW, my niece goes to Snider, even though she doesn't live anywhere near there. I don't understand the rules now, but she had options of where to go. So now we follow Snider football in addition to Northrop (whatever passes for) football in our family.

Also, FWIW, my niece goes to Snider, even though she doesn't live anywhere near there. I don't understand the rules now, but she had options of where to go. So now we follow Snider football in addition to Northrop (whatever passes for) football in our family.

Yeah, they have managed to be one of the better programs in the state. They definitely have that corner of the state locked down.

I hope he is at IU for life. So far, I prefer him to TC

Have you traded sides Goat? Noodle sees the results. A bunch of mediocre recruits that resemble a Crean class. We aren't going to land Langford or anyone else worth a damn for a long, long time.

The longevity of that show is confounding. Nobody, literally nobody who’s won that show or nearly won that show has gone on to any significant commercial success.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
The team sucks this year. It is going to happen.
I agree. This group has a very low bball IQ and it appears little heart and drive. I know everyone dumps on Crean and I will to. A lot of these kids played for Crean for several years where defense was not very important in the scheme of things. Its difficult for the kids with a lot of time under crean to give up years of bad habits and the drive and chuck it offense.

I have faith in Miller but I bet he is literally pulling his hair out at the mess that was left. He will turn things around. I look for more to leave next year.

Reactions: iuwclurker1
I agree. This group has a very low bball IQ and it appears little heart and drive. I know everyone dumps on Crean and I will to. A lot of these kids played for Crean for several years where defense was not very important in the scheme of things. Its difficult for the kids with a lot of time under crean to give up years of bad habits and the drive and chuck it offense.

I have faith in Miller but I bet he is literally pulling his hair out at the mess that was left. He will turn things around. I look for more to leave next year.
I think you are right on this team. This team is very challenged, they are not particularly athletic, not good shooters, and do not have a good basketball IQ. Their ceiling is very low. The good news is basketball programs turn around quickly compared to football. Cream had burned bridges with Indiana high school coaches, Miller does not have that strike against him. I think we will be back in 2 years with Romeo, 3 without.

We had decades of success by getting lucky and finding Bob Knight when he was young. That's what Archie offers. If he turns out to be great (and he will), we will have decades of success.
1. Definitely way too soon to judge.
2. The team was decimated by departures.
3. The team has done remarkably well against top-tier teams.
4. Losing to Indiana teams with home-grown talent is always a possibility.
5. Even the Bulls, Lakers, and Celtics in their prime got blown out in certain playoff games, only to win the championship anyway. Some games just get away.

I think you are right on this team. This team is very challenged, they are not particularly athletic, not good shooters, and do not have a good basketball IQ. Their ceiling is very low. The good news is basketball programs turn around quickly compared to football. Cream had burned bridges with Indiana high school coaches, Miller does not have that strike against him. I think we will be back in 2 years with Romeo, 3 without.

That's just not true. This team has some talent, but there is no consistency and the coach has no control or respect from his team and hence, cannot motivate them to compete. That's not a good sign.

There are no excuses to getting blown out at home multiple times to terrible no name teams with far superior talent. These aren't close losses.

I was lukewarm on the initial hire, but no way did I think things would get so bad so quickly. Our days of being a blue blood bball program are numbered.

I hope we focus more on academics, where the school continues to drop in national rankings. That's an area we can improve upon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT