ADVERTISEMENT

Former Player Perspective

LacesOut17

Recruit
Sep 14, 2015
Chicago
I am going to try to tread lightly here but might not succeed. I cannot recall being more mad about something. I am absolutely LIVID. In talking with several of my former teammates that played under Wilson and every single one feels the same.

I have so many thoughts...I won't be able to get them all out here, but I'll try.

Coach Wilson is a unique individual. He pushes every single player that enters the program to the brink, both mentally and physically. Some of us players liked to call him a "mental terrorist" because he plays on your insecurities, he pushes your buttons, and he works you incredibly hard. But guess what, we all LOVE him like a father figure for it. He pushes every person in his program to be a strong man once they leave it. If they can't cut it, they quit or he kicks them off the team. When CKW took over for Coach Lynch I believe 45 players quit or were kicked off. Coach Wilson wanted the guys that he could trust to go to battle for him, and if you didn't cut it he would push you until you broke. But those that made it were better men for it.

My former teammates that played for Coach Wilson and I will be through with this program after the firing. What you have here are 5 thin-skinned kids that think they're special and can't handle being told that they are not. And the administration is too scared to let Coach Wilson turn boys into men. In my opinion this is a complete tragedy. Since I graduated Coach Wilson has done everything for me. He wrote me letters of recommendation during the busiest time of the season so that I could get into grad school, when former players see him he treats them like his kids. You get a big smile and a "What's up dog, how we doin?" He knows that those that made it through are people he can be proud to have molded...that's how he runs his program.

I am APPALLED and DEVASTATED by this news and I speak for all of the guys that made it through his program when I say that. I have many more thoughts...mostly around my embarrassment for this administration, my disgust with the players that blew the whistle because they weren't tough enough to handle CKW...but I don't want to say things that I'll regret.

As long as this administration is at IU I won't be an IU athletics fan. They don't believe in creating better, stronger men, and for that reason I don't believe in them. They're not worth supporting with your money. Frankly I'm embarrassed.

The bottom line is this. Coach Wilson pushed you to your brink, you either quit, or you came out better on the other side. These whistle blowers didn't want to improve as men, so they took the easy road, and the administration followed suit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News