ADVERTISEMENT

First Thoughts on Saturday

Ghostridah

Senior
Sep 30, 2006
Someone smarter than I (and even Bloom) once said: "Mental is to physical and 4/1."

I believe IU is better than Purdue. Possibly by a lot. Human nature is big in this game. IS IU READY TO PLAY? I think they should be. But that's why games are played on the field and not on the internet or newspaper.

Who plays QB for Purdue? Blough is an effective runner. IU has struggled with running QB's from game one. I would imagine the first play Purdue practiced was putting the TE in the H back position, faking run action and trying to get the TE up the field against a linebacker who's playing run and a safety that's wandering anywhere on the field other than in coverage.

Purdue has shot themselves in the foot as much as they haven't. They have a couple decent receivers who can hurt you if you don't cover them..... HELLO??? SECONDARY... Jake Replogle is a really good player. IU will have to block him effectively. They have a decent freshman RB. IU has been vulnerable to linebackers over-running the play and giving up the cut back or seem when they fill the wrong gap. From game one to Maryland it's been an issue.

Jordan Howard's health? Can he play? Is he effective? IF he walks on the field, every Purdue student, player and band member will be grabbing that ankle like it's a ticket to a tractor pull.

Purdue has always had at least one corner who can really play. This yr is no different.

Purdue will play every down like it's armageddon. They'll blitz from every angle trying to make a play and get momentum. IU's secondary will have to play their position knowing every backyard trick and gimmick play is coming.

Play your position. Play your key. And hit someone when you get there. NO STUPID PENALTIES.

Because human nature is what it is, IF IU can establish themselves early, Purdue may start thinking about spring break. But give them life and it's a though day.

I'd like to see Nate go out with a big game.
Let's see what happens.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News