ADVERTISEMENT

First domino has fallen.

I'll drive Tom to Mizzu......if he agrees to stfu and no clapping.
sitting here downwind....there appears to be some smoke blowing from that direction....could be whats left of Anderson's house burning down...but still.....

If they like used car salesman he is their guy.
there seems to be some concern that Cuonzo Martin is in the mix....most don't want him...and see Crean as a better option....I say...Thanks, Cuonzo.

Whats interesting is that apparently...but don't quote me...NC State and Mizzou are using the same search firm? No conflict of interest there?

Reactions: moneyadvisor
IF Crean to Missouri is done, I bet Glass has a pretty good idea who he is going after at this point.

But, that's a big "if".

Also, would Crean coach in the NIT if it's a done deal? Wouldn't he want to get recruiting and setting up his staff going ASAP?

Reactions: agrv
IF Crean to Missouri is done, I bet Glass has a pretty good idea who he is going after at this point.

But, that's a big "if".

Also, would Crean coach in the NIT if it's a done deal? Wouldn't he want to get recruiting and setting up his staff going ASAP?
this is plausible....there are rumors of feelers.....but that is expected.

there seems to be some concern that Cuonzo Martin is in the mix....most don't want him...and see Crean as a better option....I say...Thanks, Cuonzo.

Whats interesting is that apparently...but don't quote me...NC State and Mizzou are using the same search firm? No conflict of interest there?

Rumor is that UI is going after Martin and even with the late season run, Groce is out.

And Martin wants back in the Midwest?

Again, all rumors. Going to be a fun week!!

Also, Georgetown might be open in the next week as well.

Rumor is that UI is going after Martin and even with the late season run, Groce is out.

And Martin wants back in the Midwest?

Again, all rumors. Going to be a fun week!!

Also, Georgetown might be open in the next week as well.
with a search firm handling Mizzou....that means the same names will show up pretty much everywhere.....by design.

Crean would be a home run hire for us. We are just waiting for Indiana to fire him or TC to decide to part ways considering IU hasn't gave him an extension and probably won't.
Id personally be happy for Coach Crean, and for you guys too.
Just wondering your opinion on what makes Coach Crean a home run hire for Missouri?

Reactions: sharpwp
Id personally be happy for Coach Crean, and for you guys too.
Just wondering your opinion on what makes Coach Crean a home run hire for Missouri?
What he did at Marquette was special. Historically, Mizzou is a very good basketball program (obviously not as good as Indiana), but we have never even made a Final Four (there have been like 10 times we should've though). He took Marquette to a Final Four. He turned Indiana into a pretty good program from when he originally got here with what I believe he had zero scholarship players and two walk-ons. He rebuilt Indiana and we think he could rebuild Missouri. Plus, he is coaching at the University of Indiana. Need I say more? He is a longtime coach for the Hoosiers who are historically one of the top basketball programs ever. He obviously does not meet IU's standards, but he meets ours. If he is hired, he will automatically be the 2nd best coach ever for Mizzou.

Reactions: Hoogolf and cryano
Plus, he is coaching at the University of Indiana. .
No sir...it is Indiana University.

Thanks for sharing. I've enjoyed much of his time, and appreciate his positivism, his public promotion of the school and athletics, and that the team has generally been fun to root for.
I hope you get him, and he continues to beat UK as your coach.

No sir...it is Indiana University.

Thanks for sharing. I've enjoyed much of his time, and appreciate his positivism, his public promotion of the school and athletics, and that the team has generally been fun to root for.
I hope you get him, and he continues to beat UK as your coach.
My bad.

Thank you. Who are you guys hoping for? Miller? Bennett?

What he did at Marquette was special. Historically, Mizzou is a very good basketball program (obviously not as good as Indiana), but we have never even made a Final Four (there have been like 10 times we should've though). He took Marquette to a Final Four. He turned Indiana into a pretty good program from when he originally got here with what I believe he had zero scholarship players and two walk-ons. He rebuilt Indiana and we think he could rebuild Missouri. Plus, he is coaching at the University of Indiana. Need I say more? He is a longtime coach for the Hoosiers who are historically one of the top basketball programs ever. He obviously does not meet IU's standards, but he meets ours. If he is hired, he will automatically be the 2nd best coach ever for Mizzou.
You can have him...he may be one of the worst in game coaches in the country. Also if he would be the second best coach Missouri has ever had then your basketball program has been pathetic.

You can have him...he may be one of the worst in game coaches in the country. Also if he would be the second best coach Missouri has ever had then your basketball program has been pathetic.
I don't think your first statement is right. Kim Anderson won 20-some games in three seasons... Also, we had some good coaches like Arkansas' Mike Anderson who's team is 23-8 this season and Quin Snyder who is the head coach of the Utah Jazz, but it just didn't work out for both sides, which is why I'm saying he would be the second best coach in our history. Plus, our program has reached record lows and if he could dig us out of that hole and bring us back to relevancy, everyone would praise him.

I don't think your first statement is right. Kim Anderson won 20-some games in three seasons... Also, we had some good coaches like Arkansas' Mike Anderson who's team is 23-8 this season and Quin Snyder who is the head coach of the Utah Jazz, but it just didn't work out for both sides, which is why I'm saying he would be the second best coach in our history. Plus, our program has reached record lows and if he could dig us out of that hole and bring us back to relevancy, everyone would praise him.
We can agree to disagree and I pray you guys take him off our hands.

Reactions: MizzouSports
Not really. Especially considering the inherent resources we have in recruiting and fanbase. What he turned us into was inconsistent mediocrity personified.
I said when he originally got here. In his fourth season, after digging IU out of the hole they were in, he reached the Sweet Sixteen two years in a row. I get it, you guys don't like him at all, but we have different standards at the moment in Missouri.

I said when he originally got here. In his fourth season, after digging IU out of the hole they were in, he reached the Sweet Sixteen two years in a row. I get it, you guys don't like him at all, but we have different standards at the moment in Missouri.
I highly doubt he lands a Cody Zeller at Mizzou to dig you out like he did after 3 years at Iu

Reactions: TheVegasHoosier
I highly doubt he lands a Cody Zeller at Mizzou to dig you out like he did after 3 years at Iu
You're probably right, but Mizzou doesn't need to be great right now, they just need to be good. But one could argue that the state of Missouri had multiple four and five star players in Saint Louis, Kansas City, and other places that could have an immediate impact. Tom Crean has shown that he is capable of recruiting Missouri quite well from OG to Juwan.

Reactions: cryano
You're probably right, but Mizzou doesn't need to be great right now, they just need to be good. But one could argue that the state of Missouri had multiple four and five star players in Saint Louis, Kansas City, and other places that could have an immediate impact. Tom Crean has shown that he is capable of recruiting Missouri quite well from OG to Juwan.
Which is odd because he can't recruit Indiana worth a crap lately.

Take him please take him. This time 11 years ago we had UAB fans on here telling us how dumb we were for letting such a great coach. We warned them. A few years later they were back with apologies. Same will happen to you. But please hire Tom Crean.

Reactions: IUPaterade724
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT