ADVERTISEMENT

Final report card on the Hoosiers

Imndzone

Junior
Apr 5, 2002
Indiana finished 10th in a conference of 14 that only sent 7 teams to the NCAA tournament. The average seed of those seven teams was a seven seed. That doesn't say very much about the product Indiana put on the court this year or about the competition they faced in conference play.

Indiana finished 10th in a conference of 14 that only sent 7 teams to the NCAA tournament. The average seed of those seven teams was a seven seed. That doesn't say very much about the product Indiana put on the court this year or about the competition they faced in conference play.
Or, one could argue that because the league was soo close there were way fewer "easy & certain" games to play.

I thought final report cards came out when the season was finally done. There's a game on Tuesday. Nothing final about it.

Are you saying the big ten was stronger than the selection committee thought?
Not exactly.

What I'm saying is in many years the top 4 of the Big 10 are very good teams, 2 or 3 more are solid, and the rest are not so good.

This year the top 4 and the next 3-4 were much closer in ability then in years past and then there was another group of 3 or 4 teams behind them that were very inconsistent in that one night they could beat a top 4 team and then in the next game lose to a bottom 3 team. This resulted in a lot more losses and some upsets. This is just an observation and some detailed analytics may show that my perception is not the reality.

Reactions: rtman3 and TR32
Not necessarily. It can be a good building process for a young team. IU doesn't fall into that category, but I think Iowa does.
I think Davis, Cujo and Green do. Good chance to give Gelon some time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT