ADVERTISEMENT

Federal election interference case to restart?

Looks like it. Hearing scheduled this month.

The Supreme Court already canned the Sarbanes Oxley charge, and the KKK charge rests on even thinner ice. What a waste of time and money. The DC cases should be dropped. This is what you get when a hack like Jack Smith is in charge.

If garland had half a brain, he’d fire smith, appoint a legit special prosecutor for the documents case, forget that appeal, and get on with trying the case.

Reactions: 76-1
It's nowhere close. She has to figure the immunity issue, and however she rules, we then get another appeal.
Commentary I'm seeing says she could have Smith provide all the evidence they plan to present and she would then rule on what's in and what's out. Those hearings would at least get the case out in the open before the election.

The Supreme Court already canned the Sarbanes Oxley charge, and the KKK charge rests on even thinner ice. What a waste of time and money. The DC cases should be dropped. This is what you get when a hack like Jack Smith is in charge.

If garland had half a brain, he’d fire smith, appoint a legit special prosecutor for the documents case, forget that appeal, and get on with trying the case.

Smith was legit and was doj's on both sides have handled prosecutions in the past

Commentary I'm seeing says she could have Smith provide all the evidence they plan to present and she would then rule on what's in and what's out. Those hearings would at least get the case out in the open before the election.
I’d like to read that commentary. I think the immunity issue is different from evidence to support the indictment.

Smith was legit and was doj's on both sides have handled prosecutions in the past
Even if you are correct, what is to be gained by arguing the appeal instead of just eliminating the argument altogether with another appointment? Smith isn’t worth the trouble.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT