ADVERTISEMENT

FAU vs IU: One Big Difference!

It’s the lack of mental toughness. It takes certain types to play at a fishbowl. IU has failed to recruit these types for the most part of 25 years, minus a few years of course.

IU fans have high expectations, IU Bball program “had” low standards. I think it’s getting corrected.

20 something turnovers though and still win? KSU will be trying to figure out how they let that happen.

Honest question: How many guys does FAU lose off of the roster this year (not portal, but out of eligibility) ? And what is their current roster construction ? How many of their guys are FAU recruits/signees vs. transfers. I love the way they play and I've watched all their tournament games but I haven't really paid attention to their roster construction.

Honest question: How many guys does FAU lose off of the roster this year (not portal, but out of eligibility) ? And what is their current roster construction ? How many of their guys are FAU recruits/signees vs. transfers. I love the way they play and I've watched all their tournament games but I haven't really paid attention to their roster construction.
The guy that hit FTs at the end is done but they said its a young team

It’s the lack of mental toughness. It takes certain types to play at a fishbowl. IU has failed to recruit these types for the most part of 25 years, minus a few years of course.

IU fans have high expectations, IU Bball program “had” low standards. I think it’s getting corrected.
IU throws gasoline all over that “fishbowl.”

Going to need a culture change to win big.

Teams in these rounds are TOUGH. IU is soft with too many players living it up in the fanboy circus. They need to recruit winners and cut off the fanboy access to the program. Too many distractions.

That's impressive. It might be difficult for anyone to pry May away next year, though FAU might have to hit the boosters and alumni up for serious cash to retain him.
If they pony up the money I think he will stay. But bigger question is the portal and $$$ for someone like Davis. Lots of rich folks in Boca. But they are fair weather.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
IU throws gasoline all over that “fishbowl.”

Going to need a culture change to win big.

Teams in these rounds are TOUGH. IU is soft with too many players living it up in the fanboy circus. They need to recruit winners and cut off the fanboy access to the program. Too many distractions.
Gasoline on a fishbowl is a perfect way to describe this phenomenon lol

I totally agree with everything you said

I expect FAU will turn out similar to St Peter's last year. Coach leaves for a much higher $. Players take the opportunity to jump in the transfer portal and move to bigger programs

I expect FAU will turn out similar to St Peter's last year. Coach leaves for a much higher $. Players take the opportunity to jump in the transfer portal and move to bigger programs
Not to mention St. Peter’s coach took the job at Seton Hall, barely went .500, and didn’t sniff the tournament. These flash in a pan hires rarely work out like people think they do.

Not to mention St. Peter’s coach took the job at Seton Hall, barely went .500, and didn’t sniff the tournament. These flash in a pan hires rarely work out like people think they do.
I don't think many people even follow those hires. I couldn't have told you where the St Peters guy went, but then we all see the next year's bright, shiny coach!

Reactions: T.M.P.
It’s smart for the coach but usually fails.

Then they call that ridiculous foul. It was a foul but good god man.
SDSU was by far the more excited team.
14835.gif

• Love
Reactions: Victorbmyboy
SDSU was by far the more excited team.
14835.gif
Well they are at this time - aren’t they? Both teams played really hard so since you have appointed me as the excitement level rater - I’m saying they we’re both equally excited prior to the game.

Well they are at this time - aren’t they? Both teams played really hard so since you have appointed me as the excitement level rater - I’m saying they we’re both equally excited prior to the game.
They both couldn’t hit the flat side of barn. Neither one deserved to win. Flat ugly.

I was only guessing ... I can't gauge excitement level while sitting on my ass watching a TV.

• Haha
Reactions: Victorbmyboy
I was only guessing ... I can't gauge excitement level while sitting on my ass watching a TV.
I understand what you’re saying. There is no solid tool or metric to measure this except what we see while the players/games are televised. I do think there is a general consensus that Indiana often came out flat - getting behind in games, not going after it hard - e.g. the awful rebounding in the Miami game. Perhaps there is nothing to the concept of being ready to play. Maybe that’s just bs. Perhaps we just have inferior players who were never going to be able to keep up with the better tournament teams.

Reactions: IU FAN IN W. NC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT