ADVERTISEMENT

Facts and Questions involving the Blake Shooting

It's not made up! Blacks, in general, fear being stopped by police. There is a very high incident of being stopped for
"driving while black".

I’m not disputing that. I’m disputing your conjecture that the reason they scuffle with police is that they have thought it all through and decided that scuffling and fighting an officer is their best choice for survival.

It’s not. Most of the resisting arrest cases go back to people, regardless of race, who simply will not comply with anything police ask them to do. They don’t think they have to because, in their mind, they are above the law.

Reactions: Lucy01
Justice for Nicholas Dyksma.

Look it up and then stop playing the race card in every scenario in life.
Are you marching for Nicholas?

I actually love this argument from the cons. Essentially it’s “if you don’t march for everything, you can’t march for anything”. Keep doing you.

There are no such simplistic solutions.

There literally (not figuratively) is nothing that is guaranteed to "subdue without killing."

Not tranquilizer:

Not pepperballs:

Not pepperSPRAY either:

Not Tasers:

Not rubber bullets:

Not billyclubs:
You don't need a link for this one, do you? Surely not.

On the other hand, guns CAN subdue without killing but often don't.

It's not the amount of force; it's the decision to use force at all that is being questioned.

One thing needed is review of the rules of engagement for police (what are police supposed to do in specific situations). Tasers in this situation?

People also need to educate themselves on what they should do when engaging with a cop:

It's not simple.

the idiot lady finally offered to sign the ticket, but at that point the idiot cop's ego was at stake, and this was now personal.

that said, i remember the old days of tv and movies where cops would shoot to wound to subdue someone without killing them. (worked much better than tasers).

or in this case, would have just shot the lady's tires out as soon as she took off fleeing.

Last edited:
So....it’s an afterthought because it happened in 2015 and the victim was an 18 year old white kid?
Got it.

if we are looking at fatalities in 2020, a total of 242 white people and 123 black people were shot and killed by police.
Now, I know the old argument “but black folks are statistically more likely to be killed by police.”
In measure of human life, a life is a life. A 1:1 ratio. We are all created equal and to demean the value of a human life of any color by putting some percentage qualifier on it is sad.
Hey Cletus it was five years ago in a state I don't live in so I'd never heard of the guy. If they had raised a fuss at the time I would have bitched about the neck thing then. As for all people being created equal tell that to my boss and her husband who happen to be black, educated and reasonably affluent. The husband gets stopped coming home from work by the police once every other month or so. His only offense is being black and living in a nice neighborhood. How much do you think they trust the police to do the right thing?

I actually love this argument from the cons. Essentially it’s “if you don’t march for everything, you can’t march for anything”. Keep doing you.

Correct - because if it doesn’t fit into the racial narrative you always promote, then it doesn’t matter.
A person who sees racism as the only explanation for anything that happens is probably a racist themselves.
“They got his order wrong at the drive-thru. It’s because he’s racist.”

Every single thing is seen through racially distorted glasses to those with an unhealthy obsession about race. Keep doing you.

Hey Cletus it was five years ago in a state I don't live in so I'd never heard of the guy. If they had raised a fuss at the time I would have bitched about the neck thing then. As for all people being created equal tell that to my boss and her husband who happen to be black, educated and reasonably affluent. The husband gets stopped coming home from work by the police once every other month or so. His only offense is being black and living in a nice neighborhood. How much do you think they trust the police to do the right thing?

You should first have a very open and honest conversation with your boss (if you are a white male?) and admit that you understand that you are a racist by birth but that you are trying to change.
By the currently accepted definition as espoused by BLM, you have racism in your DNA. The sooner you stop denying this, the sooner you are at peace with yourself.
If you are more than just lip service about this, take it a step further and begin giving part of your paycheck to your boss as repayment for what your father did.

Reactions: Lucy01
You should first have a very open and honest conversation with your boss (if you are a white male?) and admit that you understand that you are a racist by birth but that you are trying to change.
By the currently accepted definition as espoused by BLM, you have racism in your DNA. The sooner you stop denying this, the sooner you are at peace with yourself.
If you are more than just lip service about this, take it a step further and begin giving part of your paycheck to your boss as repayment for what your father did.
Which forum are you from? Can you take your dumb ass back there? We already have plenty of idiots of our own. Thanks.

So....it’s an afterthought because it happened in 2015 and the victim was an 18 year old white kid?
Got it.

if we are looking at fatalities in 2020, a total of 242 white people and 123 black people were shot and killed by police.
Now, I know the old argument “but black folks are statistically more likely to be killed by police.”
In measure of human life, a life is a life. A 1:1 ratio. We are all created equal and to demean the value of a human life of any color by putting some percentage qualifier on it is sad.
Correct - because if it doesn’t fit into the racial narrative you always promote, then it doesn’t matter.
A person who sees racism as the only explanation for anything that happens is probably a racist themselves.
“They got his order wrong at the drive-thru. It’s because he’s racist.”

Every single thing is seen through racially distorted glasses to those with an unhealthy obsession about race. Keep doing you.

So the white kid fits your racial narrative. Got it.

A tragic story. Let me know when the white kid chances of being killed by a cop catch up to the black kid chances of being killed by a cop. That’s what the whole BLM movement is about.

Keep doing you indeed.

You are prototypical trump supporter.
A core of stupid, a dollop of asshole, a sprinkle of racism and a pinch of self righteousness.
You should hook up VSM, or do you attend his church? Don't bother, it's off to never land for you.

Reactions: Morrison and T.M.P.
That depends. What color is the hombre?

Apparently if you’re a 17 year old white kid who just murdered a couple of people and you’re walking with an AR (or something similar) around your shoulder, a lot of cops will drive right by you.

If you take out a church full of black folks you get a free meal from Burger King.
Dumb.

I'm far right of you.....but the # of shots is concerning. Maybe we can have some less than angry conversation about it.

Here's the thing...if he had a gun in his left hand (it seems that he did) and he's going to the car and leaning in, wouldn't you assume he's doing so to get a gun? He's probably not looking for his driver's license.

Now, it could be that he was trying to just get in the car and drive away. I can't tell which from the videos.

The cop had about 1/2 second to decide what to do. What did he think Blake was doing? IF he was intending to drive away and you know it, do you let him go? I think no, but I also think you'd likely just try to jump on him and cover him up, rather than shoot.

So I think it's probable the cop thought he was going for a gun. If so, I don't think you let him get the gun. You shoot. Now here's the question, about which I admit to being ignorant, as I'm not a gun guy or a cop: how many times to shoot?

You say once. But we know that someone on fentanyl can sometimes withstand a gun shot and come back for more. So do you shoot twice, three times, or to kill, as this cop obviously did? If you're the cop, are you going to bet your life on one shot if you think he's getting a gun?

It certainly seems the training in this area is to shoot to kill, if you're going to shoot at all. The emphasis is on the cop going home alive. It's not like a John Wayne movie where you're shooting the gun out of someone's hand or just winging him. Now the part about which I have no knowledge,,,,are these guns easy to control once you start shooting....I have no idea.
They should give them .45’s instead of the 9mm they are probably carrying. Then they would only need to shoot them once.

So if someone perceives an injustice, they should use their available platform to promote the idea that it's safer if everyone just grins and bears it?
Yeah, LeBum knows that to make an omelette you’ve gotta break a few eggs. Short term pain for long term gain...

tenor.gif

So if someone perceives an injustice, they should use their available platform to promote the idea that it's safer if everyone just grins and bears it?

Grins and bears it?

When a suspect is taken to the ground, asked to stop resisting, gets up, deliberately walks to his car to get something out of the front seat, despite orders to stop (repeatedly) and you defend this all because of his skin color?

So, citizens can do whatever they want to do and they get a “get out of jail free” card?

Lunacy.

If that is the kind of nonsense people support these days

Grins and bears it?

When a suspect is taken to the ground, asked to stop resisting, gets up, deliberately walks to his car to get something out of the front seat, despite orders to stop (repeatedly) and you defend this all because of his skin color?

So, citizens can do whatever they want to do and they get a “get out of jail free” card?

Lunacy.

If that is the kind of nonsense people support these days
Ummmm...what?

A great man once said “If rape is inevitable...”

I think this great man was really just saying “When life gives you lemons...”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT