ADVERTISEMENT

Eron Gordon to Seton Hall

Eron Gordon and Vijay Blackmon are going to be the best IU backcourt since Bracey Wright and Marshal Strickland.

Seriously though, I would have liked to see him at Butler. But Seton Hall is going to be good for the next season if Isiah Whitehead returns. Six of the seven players who averaged more than 10 minutes a game were sophomores and the one senior isn't a big loss. Obviously Xavier and Nova are the favorites in the new Big East next season, but Seton Hall finished third last year and won the conference tournament so don't count them out.

Didn't say it was a big miss. Said u would like him in this class over gelon

A bit redundant with 3 combo-type guards in the same class. Gelon might not be rated well but at least he brings an elite skill (shooting) that Crean has proven he can work into a line up (Roth, Zeisloft).

A bit redundant with 3 combo-type guards in the same class. Gelon might not be rated well but at least he brings an elite skill (shooting) that Crean has proven he can work into a line up (Roth, Zeisloft).
He shot less than 40% from three, that's not elite

Eron Gordon is a good kid and a hard worker. He comes from a good family that understands basketball and the personal commitment necessary to succeed. He would have been a real asset at IU and I wish him the best at Seton Hall.

All that being said, I do think he needs perhaps a new approach to the best ways for him to score. He lacks the quickness of his brothers but he has always looked to drive and shoot both midrange and outside. I personally think he might be better served working out of a disciplined offense where he can use his physical tools to keep getting better until his individual play skills catch up.

That's my take. Good luck to Eron.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT