ADVERTISEMENT

Epic Cover Songs

I like several of these above, highlighted of course the Sound of Silence Disturbed cover and Johnny Cash covering Hurt by NIN. I would be remiss if I didn't drop a handful of covers/tributes by Chris Stapleton. He is primarily labelled a country/bluegrass performer but...this dude is a fine player, damned good songwriter and superb singer/performer across multiple genres.

Prince tribute

James Brown cover

George Jones/David Alan Coe cover (with wife)

Waylon Jennings cover with his wife

Tom Petty Tribute

Aretha Franklin Tribute

Lynyrd Skynyrd Tribute (Ed King)

With two exceptions you guys completely suck at this .. like you do everything else.

How about some Springsteen covering Tom Waits..

or Jim James and Calexico covering Dylan ..

or Gillian Welch and David Rawlings covering Neil Young ..

or some random dudes doing Kanye .. (excellent arrangement)

or Stringdusters covering GD (another excellent arrangement)

and you let some retarded hillbilly post Seether and didn't ridicule him...

*sigh*

maybe my favorite cover I can think of. I like Bruce fine, but they do it so much better. I played the original for my son, and he made a squinty WTF face and was like, "what is this?"

Reactions: tooold4
Pearl Jam covers it well also, but not as good as Heart, who really show their stuff and Nancy's pipes in taking on Led Zep and The Who's best, on top of their own great material.

Last edited:
O.k. then here's one that makes a giant leap between genres, it approaches sacrilege, still good for a chuckle.

With two exceptions you guys completely suck at this .. like you do everything else.

How about some Springsteen covering Tom Waits..

or Jim James and Calexico covering Dylan ..

or Gillian Welch and David Rawlings covering Neil Young ..

or some random dudes doing Kanye .. (excellent arrangement)

or Stringdusters covering GD (another excellent arrangement)

and you let some retarded hillbilly post Seether and didn't ridicule him...

*sigh*

Thats all you got TMP?

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: outside shooter
Eddie covers Bruce

Melissa covers Bruce,with Bruce

Two covers of Ian Tyson classics... Fellow Canadian Neil covers one of my favorite songs, with beautiful harmony from Nicolette

And here's a piece of Musical history. Judy Collins and Graham Nash talking about the magic of 1969,Suite:Judy Blue Eyes, and topping it off with Judy and Steven recreating her cover of Someday Soon (which featured Steven on guitar)...

Two covers of Ian Tyson classics... Fellow Canadian Neil covers one of my favorite songs, with beautiful harmony from Nicolette

And here's a piece of Musical history. Judy Collins and Graham Nash talking about the magic of 1969,Suite:Judy Blue Eyes, and topping it off with Judy and Steven recreating her cover of Someday Soon (which featured Steven on guitar)...

Pretty hard to imagine so much talent sharing one stage at the same time. Can you pick out everyone in this video?

Reactions: largemouth
Metal cover of Toto's Africa...

Alien Ant Farm covering Michael Jackson's Smooth Criminal

Voice loop / beat box of Prince's When Doves Cry

Lorde's Royals

great voice.

so is she related?
I doubt it but I suppose it is possible. I did find this from IMDB,com:

"Is a huge fan of the St. Louis Cardinals baseball team. In fact, she recorded a version of her hit song, "Redneck Woman", entitled "Redbird Fever" in honor of the Cardinals."

I like her even more!

Metal cover of Toto's Africa...

Alien Ant Farm covering Michael Jackson's Smooth Criminal

Voice loop / beat box of Prince's When Doves Cry

Lorde's Royals

If you're going to mention covers of Royals,you can't omit this acoustic show opener before 30,000 of Lorde's fellow New Zealanders in Auckland. Notice the wry self-acknowledging smile on the revised line...

"Now long ago I was the next Big Thing,
Now I'm in love with being King"...

If you're going to mention covers of Royals,you can't omit this acoustic show opener before 30,000 of Lorde's fellow New Zealanders in Auckland. Notice the wry self-acknowledging smile on the revised line...

"Now long ago I was the next Big Thing,
Now I'm in love with being King"...

That's about half the population of Auckland in that stadium.

Stairway to Heaven was our theme song for my High School Junior Prom in 1975.

Foo Fighters doing Band on the run:

Come as you are:

More titillating covers:

Highway to hell

She aint Stewart Copeland or Bonham but,,,

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT