ADVERTISEMENT

Epic Cover Songs

Wow, I always thought both of you were male, I seriously didn't know you were girls ..

Now I do ..

Carry on, ladies ..

Damn. The secret's out -- we are lesbians. The sexual tension between the two of us has been obvious lately.

Stollcpa's my Mrs Robinson wannabe albeit a lot more unattractive, wrinkly and droopier. And a cat grabber.

I have my standards.

Last edited:
Reactions: stollcpa
Damn. The secret's out -- we are lesbians. The sexual tension between the two of us has been obvious lately.

Stollcpa's my Mrs Robinson wannabe albeit a lot more unattractive, wrinkly and droopier. And a cat grabber.

I have my standards.
vbg .............

Great cover of Michael Burks' song - this kid is amazing and his band is as well. Can't wait for stuff to open back up so I can go see this guy.

I discovered this kid by accident, and he's a huge talent. I'm not a huge "covers" guy (because I usually like the original song so much), but this guy has a great voice, plays multiple instruments, and covers a pretty wide range of artists. And not only does he tackle "deep cuts", but in the case of both Jackson and Bruce, he manages to play some of my favorite deep cuts...

This podcast performance of The Late Show came across my youtube feed and blew me away. Not just because Late Show is one of my guilty pleasure JB favorites, but because he is able to switch gears completely and perform the co-host's spontaneous request of another equally deep cut of a song released 2 decades later in Sky Blue...

The Promise, despite being an original Darkness "outtake" was finally released officially some 40+ yrs later. I was minorly disappointed in the official version because Bruce cut the original lyric about "sleeping in the backseat of a borrowed car". That line always held a special meaning for me because I spent a significant period of the 3 yrs I lived in Vegas sleeping in a borrowed car. Although in my case it was the camper shell mounted on a borrowed truck parked in the Circus Circus lot...

Anyway, I'm happy Jake's cover includes the original lyrics Bruce sang in shows over the years, rather than editing that line out the way Bruce did on the official version he released in 2010... Pretty confidant The Promise would be on my Top 20 Springsteen songs list...Love his home studio setup, and the guys extremely prolific. I counted over 500 videos of covers on his youtube page...

Don't know if you're old enough to remember the old Tom Jones variety show, which aired on US tv back in the 60s.

I always thought he looked like a boxer and was just reading about how he had a viral infection 3 yrs ago and part of his rehab included working out with a trainer and boxing...

He also covered a song called The Hitter which is off Springsteen's Ghost of Tom Joad album. The song is of course about a boxer circa depression era...

Reactions: sglowrider
Covered/performed by several, but my three favorite versions:

So when the Bee Gees released their first album in '67 I was 12 yrs old. They immediately became my favorite group, but that ended after about 3 albums. I never considered Bee Gee's music relevant after that, and even though SNF was a mega-hit the only song on it that I came anywhere close to liking was Nights On Broadway. One song I hated, in particular, was always Stayin' Alive

Fast forward to 2014 and Springsteen is on tour. Virtually every opener is a cover with relevance to the town/region they are in. This is esp true in OZ and NZ, where covers include Highway to Hell, Spill The Wine (Eric Burdon), the version of Lorde's Royals in Aukland I posted earlier, and this complete reworking of Stayin' Alive in Brisbane...

And this cover of Spill The Wine is certainly unique as well...Seeds is not one of my favorite songs and is pretty much an acquired taste. But I couldn't find a video that didn't include Seeds...

Last edited:
So when the Bee Gees released their first album in '67 I was 12 yrs old. They immediately became my favorite group, but that ended after about 3 albums. I never considered Bee Gee's music relevant after that, and even though SNF was a mega-hit the only song on it that I came anywhere close to liking was Nights On Broadway. One song I hated, in particular, was always Stayin' Alive

Fast forward to 2014 and Springsteen is on tour. Virtually every opener is a cover with relevance to the town/region they are in. This is esp true in OZ and NZ, where covers include Highway to Hell, Spill The Wine (Eric Burdon), the version of Lorde's Royals in Aukland I posted earlier, and this complete reworking of Stayin' Alive in Brisbane...

And this cover of Spill The Wine is certainly unique as well...Seeds is not one of my favorite songs and is pretty much an acquired taste. But I couldn't find a video that didn't include Seeds...

Covers of the cover:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT