ADVERTISEMENT

End of the MSU and UW game

IU Scott

Hall of Famer
Jun 28, 2014
Greenfield Indiana
I just don't understand coaches today and how they draw plays at the end of the game. Why just have a player do everything off the dribble or a ball screen. Draw up a play for the person you want to shoot the final play by having him off the ball and come off a screen. I see so many teams get off terrible shots at the end of the game because they try everything one on one.

I just don't understand coaches today and how they draw plays at the end of the game. Why just have a player do everything off the dribble or a ball screen. Draw up a play for the person you want to shoot the final play by having him off the ball and come off a screen. I see so many teams get off terrible shots at the end of the game because they try everything one on one.
Don't get the timeout at the end of the game,
you have the defense moving around run your
offense get a good shot before the defense gets
set, must be in the "How To Coach Manual" they
all do it.

Maybe everybody has watched Hoosiers and just want to give it to their Jimmy Chitwood at the top of the key, clear out and let him take it one on one. I guess its all ok if you have a guy like that who can hit take their man and make a shot consistently but you are correct that it is usually a bad forced shot. If there is more than say 13 seconds left then you should run a set play with some screens.

Good news is Wiskyburg lost. Bad news is M$U won. Take away from the game: Didn't see any guards passing the ball to someone's feet or falling down from dripping on a painted stripe. Perhaps CAM should show of a video of that game to... Oh wait. Seasons over and they're all graduating. Never mind.

Good news is Wiskyburg lost. Bad news is M$U won. Take away from the game: Didn't see any guards passing the ball to someone's feet or falling down from dripping on a painted stripe. Perhaps CAM should show of a video of that game to... Oh wait. Seasons over and they're all graduating. Never mind.
Did you mean dripping or tripping? Oh well. Same thing in this context.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT