ADVERTISEMENT

Embarrassing

Fredsbeirhaus

Freshman
Oct 6, 2015
Not IU's play in Maui hell there is a bunch of season left. What's embarrassing is former players having to ask permission or clear it with Knight to come back to their Alma Mater to be honored. Think about it..you achieve something the nobody has since yet on the 40th Anniversary of that amazing accomplishment grown men in their late 50's maybe early 60's are made to feel they have to kiss the ring in order to celebrate. It's embarrassing and sad.
Let me give you a story...Isiah Thomas called me wanting to know if I would be interested in working for him at FIU. As we discussed things he relayed to me the need to call and "clear" my hiring w Knight. Isiah Thomas Hall of Famer!!! I no longer had an interest in to job.
Knight was a basketball coach..a guy that taught players to throw a ball thru a rim more times than the other 5 guys. Wax philosophic all you want about "teaching life lessons" "molder of men" ...my ass.
I hope they ALL come back..ALL have a great time and get celebrated like THAT group truly deserves. If their coach decides not to come then good for him but he'll miss a hella party as he continues to "mold" and "shape" men

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News