ADVERTISEMENT

Edwards is classless. Third round pick. NT

No such thing as 3rd round pick in NBA. That was changed many years ago.

Last edited:

I saw nothing in today's game or last year's game that would indicate he is classless. We don't know much about the kid but nothing that would warrant this.

You are spot on. I may not know him personally but there is nothing he has ever done on the court that I would consider classless. You might say his "throat slash" last year was but that might be a stretch. He does seem like a nice guy off the court as well.

You are spot on. I may not know him personally but there is nothing he has ever done on the court that I would consider classless. You might say his "throat slash" last year was but that might be a stretch. He does seem like a nice guy off the court as well.

I look for the best in people until they demonstrate otherwise.

Edwards is good. You can't tell when he's gonna pull and he plays hard start to finish. I haven't seen any "class" issues with the kid. Good player.

Reactions: glidresquirrel
Carson Edwards was the best player on the floor. He was too fast for us to guard and he shot it well. Classless........no way.
I'm pretty sure you don't know classless!
I'm a Hoosier fan, I appreciate good basketball players and he is that! Get over it!

Coopster
Yet, despite all this he is listed nowhere on the list of upcoming draft projections. What’s up with that? I will beg to differ though that he shot the ball well (6/18). Can you imagine if he really did shoot it well yesterday? He was still the leading scorer and they still kicked our sorry asses.

Why is he classless? Maybe I missed something.
He’s an extremely talented player, but some of his chucking, especially in the first half, was laughable. His field goal percentage coming in was barely over 42%. It probably didn’t improve much after yesterday. Anyway, the lack of class stuff, for me, occurred late in the game, when he tried to dunk with two guys on him with a big lead and taking long threes with the game well decided, the laughing after shots also just bush league BS. Yea, we stunk, but this stuff was just rubbing it. He’s way too impressed with himself.

Why is he classless? Maybe I missed something.
He’s an extremely talented player, but some of his chucking, especially in the first half, was laughable. His field goal percentage coming in was barely over 42%. It probably didn’t improve much after yesterday. Anyway, the lack of class stuff, for me, occurred late in the game, when he tried to dunk with two guys on him with a big lead and taking long threes with the game well decided, the laughing after shots also just bush league BS. Yea, we stunk, but this stuff was just rubbing it. He’s way too impressed with himself.

That is exactly why. Seems like a nice kid off the court but needs to remind himself that he may be on the other end someday.

Reactions: alishedobbs

I’d love to hear your thoughts on Will Sheehey flexing up 37 in 2013.. glad to see most of the IU fans in here aren’t drinking the “Carsen is classless” kool aid

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Draft net?

Pure fiction. Not getting into this stupid argument about Edwards, no problem with him, but draft net has proven over and over to be the worst NBA draft site on the internet.

Do better ..
The statement made was no he wasnt listed anywhere.

There as enough time for two possessions when he tried to dunk so I really didn't have a big issue with it. It wasn't lik when Vic did it at the buzzer.

I am sure Carsen is a good kid but we recall that the PU folks here told us the same thing about Haas and turned out to be far from the truth,

Carson will most likely be a late 1st round pick. While he is a little bigger, I think the NBA will view him as similar player to Yogi. A lot of people sold him short because of his size, but they missed on the intangibles.

When I see a good player I admit he's a good player. Doesn't matter for whom he plays. Perfect example was Yogi. I said it for 4 years. I wish Purdue had gotten him. I appreciate good basketball. Morgan is a good example. He brings it every game.

Draft net?

Pure fiction. Not getting into this stupid argument about Edwards, no problem with him, but draft net has proven over and over to be the worst NBA draft site on the internet.

Do better ..
Does ESPN meet your criteria? How about NBC Sports or Sports Illustrated?

http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/sto...-draft-new-picks-knicks-bulls-wizards-celtics

https://collegebasketball.nbcsports...zion-williamson-remains-no-1-duke-goes-1-2-3/

https://www.si.com/nba/2019/01/03/2...lliamson-rj-barrett-ja-morant-top-80-rankings

I’d love to hear your thoughts on Will Sheehey flexing up 37 in 2013.. glad to see most of the IU fans in here aren’t drinking the “Carsen is classless” kool aid
I don’t care for any player (or fan or coach) who goes overboard drawing unnecessary attention to themselves or rubbing it in. We have more than enough narcissists to go around the world.

I don’t care for any player (or fan or coach) who goes overboard drawing unnecessary attention to themselves or rubbing it in. We have more than enough narcissists to go around the world.
Agreed but him trying to dunk or take threes isn’t classless. It’s not like we were up 20, at the under four timeout we were ice cold and only up 12. As evidenced by Little Rock a few years ago you can’t just sit on your hands the last few minutes and hope to win. And who cares about laughing? It’s a game at the end of the day. Let em have fun

No, go find at least 37 more, 58 would be better, and hurry this time.

Also while you're at it learn something called context and comprehension.

Last edited:
When I see a good player I admit he's a good player. Doesn't matter for whom he plays. Perfect example was Yogi. I said it for 4 years. I wish Purdue had gotten him. I appreciate good basketball. Morgan is a good example. He brings it every game.
Yogi was good but overrated, Edwards is a better college player. We'll see if he makes a better pro.

Edwards better have 2 early fouls as a makeup at Assembly Hall.

Painter is awful at putting players in the NBA. Wow, PU might have a 5'10 kid who isn't a point guard go in the 2nd round of the Draft. If Painter could actually land players like Romeo, PU fans wouldn't have to engage in these sorry arguments.

I never read that a prerequisite to playing college basketball was playing NBA basketball. If your team of future NBA players has just lost 7 of 8 games against a team of non NBA quality players with a lousy coach just what explanation do you have for this phenomenon?

I never read that a prerequisite to playing college basketball was playing NBA basketball. If your team of future NBA players has just lost 7 of 8 games against a team of non NBA quality players with a lousy coach just what explanation do you have for this phenomenon?
The reek of slagg dripping unwashed unkempt fat girls in Mackey has a dire and debilitating effect in those that have never experienced the fetid stank previously?

That's my guess.

iu fans focused on draft pick status while Purdue fans focused on wins. Results seem to follow the priorities.

iu fans focused on draft pick status while Purdue fans focused on wins. Results seem to follow the priorities.
Great now that you've been validated by making silly arguments on the IU board, go hang another fake banner.

Why do you need validation from us anyway? This is a really dumb fan base, maybe not as dumb as yours but this is not the place to seek validation.

Reactions: Courtsensethree
If that was true, PU would have fired Painter years ago. Painter's resume is worse than Crean's, and he has never and will never make it past the Sweet 16.

Jimmy's and Joe's matter. You can turn that into whatever straw man you want and ignore Painter's deficiencies as a recruiter if want. Painter sucks at recruiting: it is what it is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT