ADVERTISEMENT

Eating Cats/Dogs

snarlcakes

All-American
Sep 9, 2009
Trump bringing up eating dogs (it was cats by the way) was brilliant. The problem is he can't expand on it like Vance below. Either way it still becomes a national topic that Harris let 20,000 Haitians invade an Ohio city. Congrats on winning a one-year membership to jelly of the month club. It's still going to be a great November.

Vance was awful. He just said there’s no proof but that doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. You can say that about any lie.

Trump bringing up eating dogs (it was cats by the way) was brilliant. The problem is he can't expand on it like Vance below. Either way it still becomes a national topic that Harris let 20,000 Haitians invade an Ohio city. Congrats on winning a one-year membership to jelly of the month club. It's still going to be a great November.

First, that middle tweet from Kevin Sorbo is inaccurate. That's not Springfield and that's not a Haitian woman. Second, there are no credible reports that people are eating cats in Springfield. There are reports that people have eaten geese and ducks, but not police reports. And those aren't pets.

And while there are definitely issues Springfield and Ohio need to address regarding this current situation, they didn't 'invade' Springfield. Yes, there have been some bigoted comments about the increase in Haitian immigrants at town hall meetings that are public, but for the most part, sensible people in Springfield are trying to see how to work for the best possible outcome.

Springfield has steadily declined in population since the 1980s when Navistar started sending jobs overseas. This influx of legal immigrants could end up being a net positive for the city, but they definitely have to figure things out. Schools are ill-prepared for students who don't speak English and there have been some cultural clashes. Working with state and federal leadership will do wonders to make this into a good situation.

Thats because your stupid. Here is some more proof it was happening.

Is this really what you want to hang your hat on? For what it's worth, I do think some of the stories about Haitian immigrants eating geese are true. I don't doubt that that is a cultural norm in Haiti, but I can't be sure. Geese aren't pets and if it is illegal (I honestly have no idea if it is) good leadership will eventually curb this issue. It's regrettable and not really common in the US, but it's not a catastrophe. If this is a lynchpin issue for the Trump campaign they're f*$ked.

Are you trying for this week's dumbest poster award? There's going to be stiff competition.

Is this really what you want to hang your hat on? For what it's worth, I do think some of the stories about Haitian immigrants eating geese are true. I don't doubt that that is a cultural norm in Haiti, but I can't be sure. Geese aren't pets and if it is illegal (I honestly have no idea if it is) good leadership will eventually curb this issue. It's regrettable and not really common in the US, but it's not a catastrophe. If this is a lynchpin issue for the Trump campaign they're f*$ked.
I love how you push back on cats, but quickly concede they're probably eating geese🤣 Yes, I want to hang my hat on Harris letting 20,000 people invade an American city of 60k.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and IU_Hickory

One more thing. I'm sure you'll snark at this, but John Legend is from Springfield and is heavily invested in the community. He's built a new performing arts center at his old high school and has donated a lot of money to lift up the city. He's also not shy about talking about his Democrating leaning political stances. I'd guess that he'll come out and talk about Springfield and clear up any inaccuracies and how they're moving forward soon enough.

And yes, I think that will be a big deal.

I love how you push back on cats, but quickly concede they're probably eating geese🤣 Yes, I want to hang my hat on Harris letting 20,000 people invade an American city of 60k.
I'm from Springfield and only know what my family and friends tell me. The police department isn't being coy - they really aren't getting legitimate reports of pets being eaten. Legitimate is doing a lot of heavy lifting in that sentence. I could call my local police department and tell them I saw Bigfoot telling snarlcakes to grab his ankles and spell RUN, but it doesn't mean it happened ;)

Reactions: Bowlmania
One more thing. I'm sure you'll snark at this, but John Legend is from Springfield and is heavily invested in the community. He's built a new performing arts center at his old high school and has donated a lot of money to lift up the city. He's also not shy about talking about his Democrating leaning political stances. I'd guess that he'll come out and talk about Springfield and clear up any inaccuracies and how they're moving forward soon enough.

And yes, I think that will be a big deal.
Nothin' like spreading a few Benjamins around to sharpen up those political stances.

I'm from Springfield and only know what my family and friends tell me. The police department isn't being coy - they really aren't getting legitimate reports of pets being eaten. Legitimate is doing a lot of heavy lifting in that sentence. I could call my local police department and tell them I saw Bigfoot telling snarlcakes to grab his ankles and spell RUN, but it doesn't mean it happened ;)
It doesn't matter if it did or didn't happen. The only thing that matters is the story, 20,000 people being dumped in a city of 60k. Trump wins if it becomes a headline. If you think people in Springfield are happy with their city being invaded, you're wrong. Sure, some liberal wealthy people and business owners make money off of them, but the working classes, not so much.

Last edited:

Hilarious that you view Trump's worst, most laughable moment in a disastrous debate performance as a positive.

It doesn't matter if it did or didn't happen. The only thing that matters is the story, 20,000 people being dumped in a city of 60k, becomes a headline. If you think people in Springfield are happy with their city being invaded, you're wrong. Sure, some liberal wealthy people and business owners make money off of them, but the working classes, not so much.

Maybe Trump should have killed the immigration bill.

It doesn't matter if it did or didn't happen. The only thing that matters is the story, 20,000 people being dumped in a city of 60k, becomes a headline. If you think people in Springfield are happy with their city being invaded, you're wrong. Sure, some liberal wealthy people and business owners make money off of them, but the working classes, not so much.
There are definitely people who are very vocally upset about Haitians moving there. That is a fact. I'm not painting a rosy picture here because there are definitely a lot of challenges the city faces with their current influx of new citizens. That said, complaining about it and promising to deport them all isn't really helping.

There is definitely an opportunity for Springfield to be made great again. You can look up the population numbers and their steady decline and the economic impact that's had. Under the right leadership, the increased population could be turned into a very real opportunity. But yeah, there are definitely people who want to forcibly remove however many Haitians who have moved there legally and go back to a depressed midwest town going in the wrong direction.

🤡
It's all a metaphor.

As the rule of law falls away, the glue that held together the American Constitutional Republic fails.

The unfortunate domestic animals being 'harvested' are but a metaphor, a harbinger for the communities all over ....for the day it is your family and friends being 'harvested'.

It's occurring in the UK, to a degree unknown to many Americans.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
Talking about Springfield and immigration are both wins for Trump. Hopefully, it's story for weeks.
Good luck with that. He'll probably do a rally there and get a good crowd because, well there are a lot of MAGA folks who live there. Within a week of him doing a rally, I hope Harris does something with John Legend there and doubles his crowd size, because despite what we're talking about, that's what will be what Trump really gets pissed about.

🤡
It's all a metaphor.

As the rule of law falls away, the glue that held together the American Constitutional Republic fails.

The unfortunate domestic animals being 'harvested' are but a metaphor, a harbinger for the communities all over ....for the day it is your family and friends being 'harvested'.

It's occurring in the UK, to a degree unknown to many Americans.
Uh...the people claiming pets are being stolen and eaten aren't making some complex social commentary on modern immigration policy. No one making that claim - including Trump - is smart enough to do that.

Reactions: sobester
Good luck with that. He'll probably do a rally there and get a good crowd because, well there are a lot of MAGA folks who live there. Within a week of him doing a rally, I hope Harris does something with John Legend there and doubles his crowd size, because despite what we're talking about, that's what will be what Trump really gets pissed about.
See post # 13

See post # 13
Yeah, I saw that. I'm not sure what you're saying there. Are you suggesting that John Legend's philanthropy in Springfield is somehow bad?

I don't know him, but friends do. He's a stand up guy who really does care about Springfield. If he comes there on behalf of Harris and/or the city, it's because he really believes in what he's doing and geniunely wants to help.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
I would be a win if anybody but Trump were articulating the issue.
That's why it needs to be a headline. The information needs to get out, because Trump is unable to articulate the issue like Vance did in the video above. The more people hear about 20,000 people invading a small city of 60k, it's a win for Trump. He needs to win Pennsylvania and this is a winning issue for him. Biden/Harris basically overwhelmed a working class city in Ohio, because it's not their voting base. The message is it can happen to any midwestern city if she is President the next 4 years.

• Haha
There has been a huge influx of Haitians into Washington Indiana. I know this because it’s caused considerable debate among people in town.

I’m sure it’s not on the scale of Springfield but on every local online community that I’m a part of, it’s a huge topic of discussion.

Reactions: Spartans9312
There are definitely people who are very vocally upset about Haitians moving there. That is a fact. I'm not painting a rosy picture here because there are definitely a lot of challenges the city faces with their current influx of new citizens. That said, complaining about it and promising to deport them all isn't really helping.

There is definitely an opportunity for Springfield to be made great again. You can look up the population numbers and their steady decline and the economic impact that's had. Under the right leadership, the increased population could be turned into a very real opportunity. But yeah, there are definitely people who want to forcibly remove however many Haitians who have moved there legally and go back to a depressed midwest town going in the wrong direction.
You look at everything through your own lens and are unable to see it through someone else point of view. This is an absolute disaster for working class and poorer Americans living in the city. Of course they are pissed off, their getting screwed. Also, overwhelming a community with poor and uneducated immigrants or illegals isn't going to make the town great again. It's going to speed up the brain drain as people who can flee the city do.

• Haha
You look at everything through your own lens and are unable to see it through someone else point of view. This is an absolute disaster for working class and poorer Americans living in the city. Of course they are pissed off, their getting screwed. Also, overwhelming a community with poor and uneducated immigrants or illegals isn't going to make the town great again. It's going to speed up the brain drain as people who can flee the city do.
I'm from Springfield and still go back semi-frequently. There are definitely people there that feel the way you've laid out.

That said, there are really only two ways forward. Sit around and complain about it - which some people are and will do, or look for positive solutions. No one actually wants the Army Reserves/ National Guard to march through the streets to forcibly remove 20,000 people who are here legally. That's just a shitshow on epic proportions.

And yes, I'm fully aware that there are people in Springfield who are looking through a xenophobic lens and just want these people gone. The same thing could be said about my ancestors nearly 150 years ago. My family has two actual, real metal signs that were posted at a Springfield factory that says, 'No Irish Need Apply.' Had sensible people not come up with sensible immigration solutions maybe I wouldn't be sitting here today spouting facts. We need more sensible leaders whose solutions aren't simply, 'get out of my country and go back to where you came from.'

Last edited:
There has been a huge influx of Haitians into Washington Indiana. I know this because it’s caused considerable debate among people in town.

I’m sure it’s not on the scale of Springfield but on every local online community that I’m a part of, it’s a huge topic of discussion.
they work on a turkey farm that wouldn't exist without them, do you like turkey?

20K people didn't invade and weren't dumped there. Springfield tried to attract new industry, which worked, and required more workers, and lots of legal Haitian immigrants were attracted to the jobs. It was the result of a pro-business attempt at urban renewal by a local Republican government. The only people who think this is a good story for Trump are the people who are too dumb to realize it's not a real story.

I'm from Springfield and still go back semi-frequently. There are definitely people there that feel the way you've laid out.

That said, there are really only two ways forward. Sit around and complain about it - which some people are and will do, or look for positive solutions. No one actually wants the Army Reserves/ National Guard to march through the streets to forcibly remove 20,000 people who are here legally. That's just a shitshow on epic proportions.

And yes, I'm fully aware that there are people in Springfield who are looking through a xenophobic lens and just want these people gone. The same thing could be said about my ancestors nearly 150 years ago. My family has two actual, real metal signs that were posted at a Springfield factory that says, 'No Irish Need Apply.' Had sensible people not come up with sensible immigration solutions maybe I wouldn't be sitting here today spouting facts. We need more sensible leaders who's solutions aren't simply, 'get out of my country and go back to where you came from.'
Sensible leaders don't allow 20,000 people to invade a town of 60k. No city in American wants that. Also, it's not 150 years ago when government spending was a fraction of what it is today. Lastly, people in Springfield and your ancestors as well were looking at it through an economic lens. Working class and poorer classes get screwed over by immigration. It puts downward pressures on their wages and they have fewer options to switch jobs. It also puts more stress on healthcare services, housing, insurance, and education.

• Haha
20K people didn't invade and weren't dumped there. Springfield tried to attract new industry, which worked, and required more workers, and lots of legal Haitian immigrants were attracted to the jobs. It was the result of a pro-business attempt at urban renewal by a local Republican government. The only people who think this is a good story for Trump are the people who are too dumb to realize it's not a real story.
You're helpless and unable to hold an interesting thought. Keep reading and repeating.

But not wrong?
No, he's wrong. The only people who think it's a bad story are libs. How do I know? Democrats will quickly stop talking about it and Republicans will continue to hammer it for the next two months. They stupidly took the bait. People don't like their cities beings invaded and overwhelmed.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
No, he's wrong. The only people who think it's a bad story are libs. How do I know? Democrats will quickly stop talking about it and Republicans will continue to hammer it for the next two months. They stupidly took the bait. People don't like their cities beings invaded and overwhelmed.

So he’s right about how and why they got there?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT