ADVERTISEMENT

Durham to Providence....terrible

SO.IN.HOOSIER

Recruit
Mar 4, 2021
I’m not even sure that’s a lateral move. Thought he would land somewhere a little better. Oh well, let providence have him lol

Maybe he watched The Big Trip, and was influenced by the Delray interviews. VBG

Reactions: mk23
I love durham and wish him the best. That said he's the 6th or 7th guy on an elite team.
His jock doesnt even get wet in any of the 2 games I watched yesterday. He gonna play for Houston, Baylor, Oregon State or Arkansas NO WAY JOSE>

Reactions: Bippy
I’m not even sure that’s a lateral move. Thought he would land somewhere a little better. Oh well, let providence have him lol
I'm being nice here, I don't get comments like this! So he is going to grad school, correct? He only has one year left to play. I would think he picks a school that first matches the grad program he is pursuing. Then maybe match the quality of basketball program and conference....but to me grad program first.

I'm being nice here, I don't get comments like this! So he is going to grad school, correct? He only has one year left to play. I would think he picks a school that first matches the grad program he is pursuing. Then maybe match the quality of basketball program and conference....but to me grad program first.
No way. The list goes:
1. Hottest girls
2. Basketball program
3. Location
4. Grad Program

Don't get why people are surprised
/upset when somebody transfers when their senior year is over. Seems more like "the rule" than the exception.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
What a low-class post. Give the guy a break. He played his ass off for us and gave it all he had. Wish him luck going forward, instead of pissing on him.
this is a message chill out, was he that good, was he all big ten. NO

It does not make a lot of sense to me. He is doing it because he wants to play in the NBA but he is leaving an NBA coach with lots of league connections and a history of developing young players into NBA talent to go play for Providence?

I Wish the best for Al. He drove me crazy with his falling down and driving into trouble but, I always felt he shouldn't be use as point guard in the first place. Maybe it will be a better fit at Providence. I hope so, he's a great kid.

Reactions: Hoosier009
I Wish the best for Al. He drove me crazy with his falling down and driving into trouble but, I always felt he shouldn't be use as point guard in the first place. Maybe it will be a better fit at Providence. I hope so, he's a great kid.
He is a great kid. And, as frustrated as I got with him at times, I rarely ever questioned his effort or commitment -- let alone his character.

I wish him absolutely nothing but the best at Providence and beyond.

His jock doesnt even get wet in any of the 2 games I watched yesterday. He gonna play for Houston, Baylor, Oregon State or Arkansas NO WAY JOSE>
Watching Baylor v Arkansas live was eye opening. Both teams guard play is light years ahead of IU.

All these guards in the country that seem so good.... wouldn't be as good if the referees would crack down on the "Carry of the Ball" when they start their shake and bake moves.

Reactions: 82IU and 76-1
As frustrating as Al could be, he certainly laid it all on the line when he played. I didn’t see him loligagging around the court like some. So I appreciate the good things he did and the effort he brought. Wish him nothing but the best.

As frustrating as Al could be, he certainly laid it all on the line when he played. I didn’t see him loligagging around the court like some. So I appreciate the good things he did and the effort he brought. Wish him nothing but the best.

Most of my "frustration" with Al was actually with how Archie coached Al. Over and over and over again (like Groundhog Day) we would put the ball in Al's hands late in a game when we needed a bucket, and ask him to drive the ball. And that was just not his strength whatsoever, he didn't have the ball handling ability, the strength, or the ability to finish through contact.

Reactions: ufo33
Just not the level of talent IU needs to win the B1G.

Reactions: kmathum
In my mind, he was the most likely to transfer out, Completed 4 Years of play with Us, Graduated, New Coach and staff coming in, and we don't know what Grad Degree he is pursuing and Whether Indiana offered it.
He said he aspires to build a clothing line. Providence offers a fashion-related marketing curriculum, and RISD is close by. Seems like a perfect match.

Reactions: 76-1
Just not the level of talent IU needs to win the B1G.
Not as a starter. He would be a great player off the bench and some games he would eat up more time than a starter. He’s just not a player you can ask to win the game for us, though he did his fair share of that over his career. Not gonna dog the guy. He probably could have had better coaching too...😉

Reactions: asindc
Whatever you think of his coaching ability, the players who play for Cooley love him. He must have good relationships with his guys,

Reactions: kkott
Most of my "frustration" with Al was actually with how Archie coached Al. Over and over and over again (like Groundhog Day) we would put the ball in Al's hands late in a game when we needed a bucket, and ask him to drive the ball. And that was just not his strength whatsoever, he didn't have the ball handling ability, the strength, or the ability to finish through contact.
Unfortunately, he was the best we had for that role.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT