ADVERTISEMENT

Duncomb or Furst?

The entire crowd at assembly hall was chanting nasty things about his sister. I was at the game. Shameful act.
It certainly wasn’t the entire crowd, but there’s no doubt that some in the crowd said some things (I was there). There are knuckleheads everywhere, and we aren’t immune. Even if it wasn’t a huge number, it was shameful.

Reactions: Btfu2017
Now the entire crowd did chant “F*ck you Haarms”, but that was well deserved.
You finally got something right (well, almost). A large number of fans chanted that. It was shameful, but not nearly as much as the smaller number who made fun of Haas’s sister. That would’ve never happened under Knight, but you wouldn’t know anything about that era of IU basketball, would you.

IU owns you broilees in EVERY sport except recently, men's basketball. I am confident that situation will change soon.
Tom Allen is 1-2 vs Brohm.... would be 0-3 if not for a dropped pass. This year could be close again. I wouldn't call that owned tbh. Volleyball? Lol women's basketball, sure. Iu is on a little run here. Purdue is trying to fix their program. Baseball? You win on that one.

Reactions: Bill4411
Tom Allen is 1-2 vs Brohm.... would be 0-3 if not for a dropped pass. This year could be close again. I wouldn't call that owned tbh. Volleyball? Lol women's basketball, sure. Iu is on a little run here. Purdue is trying to fix their program. Baseball? You win on that one.
Lol without the cancelled game this year it would have been 2-2 for Tom Allen.

IU has won the Governor's Cup Challenge over the broilees 4 of the last 5 years.

IU wins swimming, baseball, and all women’s sports besides volleyball. Winning all the women’s sports gives the Hoosiers the win every year

Trevion has better low post moves, not a better low post game. TJD currently has one move and no one can take it away. TJD will have a much higher usage under Woody, and will even develop his other hand and additional moves.

It would make them close scoring wise, however if they played the same mpg with the same usage rate, TJD would score more ppg. Trevion shooting only 50% from the line really leaves some points out there and is what sets TJD above Williams offensively.

Again, even if you called them a toss up offensively, TJD is CLEARLY the better defender. That makes TJD the better overall player.
He plays fewer minutes because he's fat and out of shape...like another perdew "great" who was gonna do big things(or eat big things) Caleb Swanigan. How is he doing in the league btw?

IU wins swimming, baseball, and all women’s sports besides volleyball. Winning all the women’s sports gives the Hoosiers the win every year
And Basketball National Championships...don't forget those...IU wins those too. IU-5 ....other indiana schools(that includes predew) -0. Scoreboard!

• Haha
He plays fewer minutes because he's fat and out of shape...like another perdew "great" who was gonna do big things(or eat big things) Caleb Swanigan. How is he doing in the league btw?
If I knew you were of the type to tear down and degrade people, I wouldn't have responded on the other post. Also, trevion is far from out of shape. Hope your day gets better. Good day!

If I knew you were of the type to tear down and degrade people, I wouldn't have responded on the other post. Also, trevion is far from out of shape. Hope your day gets better. Good day!
He's far from out of shape? So they choose to play their best player only 60% of the game?....sounds like bullshit to me

He's far from out of shape? So they choose to play their best player only 60% of the game?....sounds like bullshit to me
So they aren't supposed to play Edey? It's not really a knock on trevion that he doesn't play the whole game so much as it is the fact that Edey is really good as well. Why have one play 40 minutes when you can play him much less, making him fresher at the end?

So they aren't supposed to play Edey? It's not really a knock on trevion that he doesn't play the whole game so much as it is the fact that Edey is really good as well. Why have one play 40 minutes when you can play him much less, making him fresher at the end?
Who said the "whole game"? And Edey is not in the game every time Trevion isnt,so that argument,is also bullshit. If trevion is better than Edey,wouldn't you want him on the floor as much as reasonably possible?...but instead they play him 60% of the time? Is that because having your best player on the floor less, helps you win? Or is it because they can't keep their bigs from getting fat an out of shape? Simple logic,stupid

• Haha
So there is no time...in any games...where he and edey are on the bench at the same time?....be careful here...there is video
Think I remember one game they went a couple minutes due to both being in foul trouble. Other than that it would only be at end of blowouts with the walk ons playing.

they combined for 39.8 minutes a game last year.

Nah, Trevion is pretty out of shape. In a few years he will be 450 lbs like Swanigan.

• Haha
Because one of them is clearly better than the other. Trevion plays few minutes because he isn’t smart enough to stay out of foul trouble, and isn’t in shape enough to play 30 mpg.

• Haha
Think I remember one game they went a couple minutes due to both being in foul trouble. Other than that it would only be at end of blowouts with the walk ons playing.

they combined for 39.8 minutes a game last year.
So he in fact was not wrong that Edey wasn’t in the game every time that Williams wasn’t. So you were in fact wrong? Got it.

Reactions: hatchetdad
There were many times last year when Gillis was playing the 5.
Lol Many times? Is that where the 0.2 (12 seconds per 40 minutes) per game that Trevion and Edey didn’t combine for went?
So he in fact was not wrong that Edey wasn’t in the game every time that Williams wasn’t. So you were in fact wrong? Got it.
If you want to count the times the walk ons were in and the time(s) Edey and Tre both had 2 fouls in the first half then sure. You know that isn’t what he meant though and if it were the other way around then you’d be saying exactly what I did.

Lol Many times? Is that where the 0.2 (12 seconds per 40 minutes) per game that Trevion and Edey didn’t combine for went?

If you want to count the times the walk ons were in and the time(s) Edey and Tre both had 2 fouls in the first half then sure. You know that isn’t what he meant though and if it were the other way around then you’d be saying exactly what I did.
Point is....if williams is your best player,why was a freshman taking so many minutes from the superior upperclassmen? Because he's biggie jr.

That’s what he meant. You were wrong.

• Haha
Point is....if williams is your best player,why was a freshman taking so many minutes from the superior upperclassmen? Because he's biggie jr.
Because Edey is really good too? There were times near the end of the year that he was a better option than Trevion. It’s a good problem to have. Trevion was still a 1st team all conference player. He’ll likely be on the preseason team this year too but average a little less than the 25 he got last season because of Edey’s improvements.

Also is calling him Biggie jr bad? Comparing him to a conference player of the year and runner up national player of the year seems like a positive to me.

Because Edey is really good too? There were times near the end of the year that he was a better option than Trevion. It’s a good problem to have. Trevion was still a 1st team all conference player. He’ll likely be on the preseason team this year too but average a little less than the 25 he got last season because of Edey’s improvements.

Also is calling him Biggie jr bad? Comparing him to a conference player of the year and runner up national player of the year seems like a positive to me.
I think he meant Biggie Lite.

Reactions: LifeLong_IU77

No reason for the best player on the team to sit 40% of the game unless he's fat and out of shape. "Edey is really good too"....but not as good as williams,so why would you play him as much as Williams?....any "best player" that plays 25 minutes a game and is ok with it is a chump. That would be like playing Jordan 28 minutes a game because "pippen is really good too". Completely stupid.

• Haha
Williams commits a lot of really stupid fouls, like trying to steal the ball from a guard at half court. He was especially prone to do that in the first half. He seemed to be more cautious in the second halves. BTW Williams looks to be in a lot better shape this year-whether he maintains it between now and the start of the season is another question though?

Reactions: T.M.P.
Williams commits a lot of really stupid fouls,
Yes, he did, 4.7 per 40 min, 7 per 100 possessions. Edey is even worse. 6.2 per 40. 9.4 per 100.

They're both defensive liabilities ... Edey was a frosh, his numbers should get much better. Wiliams needs to lose a few pounds of West Lafayette pork blubber and gain a few pounds of basketball IQ.

As an example of what good defenders look like..

Race 3.3/ 4.9, TJD 2.5 / 3.7

• Haha
Yes, he did, 4.7 per 40 min, 7 per 100 possessions. Edey is even worse. 6.2 per 40. 9.4 per 100.

They're both defensive liabilities ... Edey was a frosh, his numbers should get much better. Wiliams needs to lose a few pounds of West Lafayette pork blubber and gain a few pounds of basketball IQ.

As an example of what good defenders look like..

Race 3.3/ 4.9, TJD 2.5 / 3.7
I would not call either of them great defenders but Edey has potential due to his size and gaining more experience as he started playing b-ball less than 4 years ago. Edey played really well this summer on the Canadian U19 team and he made the all-tournament team. He's not a great athlete but very coachable. I think this will be his last year in Lafayette though as he is now on the draft boards projected to go in the second round-well before Cockburn and Dickinson.

Reactions: T.M.P.
No reason for the best player on the team to sit 40% of the game unless he's fat and out of shape. "Edey is really good too"....but not as good as williams,so why would you play him as much as Williams?....any "best player" that plays 25 minutes a game and is ok with it is a chump. That would be like playing Jordan 28 minutes a game because "pippen is really good too". Completely stupid.
Good thing Jordan and Pippen weren’t both exclusively college centers. You’re clueless.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT