ADVERTISEMENT

Duncomb or Furst?

Luck will not have anything to do with our results. We have a real coach and if I were Purdue and every other school in the Big 10 I'd be as concerned as you. I was not a fan of the hire initially but anyone with eyesight can clearly see this man is making all the right moves. It's the first time in nearly 20yrs that I am confident in the coach and the direction we are going. Sorry but Purdue is as good as they are ever gonna get and I think you know that but I understand the loyalty.

Luck will not have anything to do with our results. We have a real coach and if I were Purdue and every other school in the Big 10 I'd be as concerned as you. I was not a fan of the hire initially but anyone with eyesight can clearly see this man is making all the right moves. It's the first time in nearly 20yrs that I am confident in the coach and the direction we are going. Sorry but Purdue is as good as they are ever gonna get and I think you know that but I understand the loyalty.
sounds like you’re trying to convince yourself more than you are anyone else.

Furst will put up bigger numbers. He’ll be more featured in their offense. But Duncomb will have more team success.

Reactions: jimmygoiu
Yes, ultimately IU has the higher ceiling as far as becoming a true national contender. Perhaps not with Woodson, although he’s doing what it takes leading towards that goal. I really like Painter, and I respect the Purdue program, but I don’t see them being a consistently top 5 program. They’re a solid 12-18 program with Painter.

Reactions: UncleMark
Newman and Ivey were better guards than anyone on your team last year. Hunter Jr is one of the best defenders in the B1G and Sasha can shoot at least.
Neither Newman nor Ivey were better than Durham or Franklin last year. Hunter being one of the best defenders in the Big Ten is an absolute joke lol. Didn’t even make the All B1G defensive team, and he’s piss poor offensively. Sasha can shoot… that’s literally it.

IT… Lol
Morton… worst guard in the B1G last year
Waddell… Lololololololololololol

I already addressed this by saying we have an all American and a U19 team USA member.

once you watch Jaden this year we will have to revisit this post.
Lol you don’t have an All-American. Ivey didn’t even make one of the all Big Ten teams last year let alone an all American team. IU does however have an actual All-American on their team.

And one again, the rest of your backcourt is below average (Morton and Waddell just embarrassingly bad).

It’s a shame your backcourt isn’t on the same level.
A potential Lottery pick, one of the best defenders in the conference, and possibly the best shooter in the conference will start. I’m happy with it. Can’t wait to get the laugh I’ll get from your take on it though. You’re known for your spot on takes

A potential Lottery pick, one of the best defenders in the conference, and possibly the best shooter in the conference will start. I’m happy with it. Can’t wait to get the laugh I’ll get from your take on it though. You’re known for your spot on takes
Hunter is piss poor on offense and couldn’t even make the all big ten offensive team. Sasha is literally only a shooter. Terrible defensively. Ivey has a loooooooong way to go before being declared a lottery pick.

Newman should start. If not, he should transfer out as he’s significantly better than Hunter and Sasha.

Hunter is piss poor on offense and couldn’t even make the all big ten offensive team. Sasha is literally only a shooter. Terrible defensively. Ivey has a loooooooong way to go before being declared a lottery pick.

Newman should start. If not, he should transfer out as he’s significantly better than Hunter and Sasha.
Lol you don’t disappoint.

Reactions: Bill4411
Associated press had Jackson Davis and Williams as honorable mention. Both are pretty dang good. Kind of hard to argue one is better than the other imo.

Furst is great out on the break..A decent but not great midrange shot..He'll be successful..
But he's not like some program changer.
I can't comment on Duncomb..I've herd everything from he's better than Furst ..To he's kinda a project..
The one I was very unimpressed with was Kaufman..And he is ranked higher Frust...He looked bad against two 6'1 players from Connersville. Who bullied him in the regional..

Furst is great out on the break..A decent but not great midrange shot..He'll be successful..
But he's not like some program changer.
I can't comment on Duncomb..I've herd everything from he's better than Furst ..To he's kinda a project..
The one I was very unimpressed with was Kaufman..And he is ranked higher Frust...He looked bad against two 6'1 players from Connersville. Who bullied him in the regional..
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Kaufman has the higher ceiling, but he needs development. I was roasted on the Purdue board for saying a redshirt year might not be the worst for him. It will never happen though.

• Haha
Reactions: johnboiler123
Based on?

Stats, skillset, the players around them.
Talking out of his ass is one of Trojans strengths

head to head comparison in the 4 games the last 2 years.

TJD - (0-4) record. Averaging 32 mpg in the 4 matchups he’s averaged a line of 16.25/7.25/1.75. He’s shot 46% from the floor on 19-41 shooting and has shot 60% from the line shooting 21-35.

Trevion - (4-0) record. Averaging 24.75 mpg in the 4 matchups he’s averaged a line of 16/8.75/1.25. He’s shot 49% from the floor on 23-47 shooting and 54% from the line shooting 7-13.

Kind of surprised TJD has got more assists in the 4 matchups since Trevion is a much better passer. Didn’t realize Trevion would have more rebounds and only 1 less point despite playing over 7 minutes less per game. Then the kind of speak for themselves

I think it’s close enough that both fanbases will favor their own player. I much prefer Trevion on offense and would rather have TJD on the defensive side of the ball.

I will add that if we counted the amount of times screaming “and 1” only to miss the following free throw as a stat then I would change my opinion in favor of TJD over Trevion.

I see Kaufman as very flexible though. I enjoyed his game in the many games I saw him play in high school. I hope the best for Kooper Jacobi too in Toledo. He should have a nice career there.
He will play a flex 3-4 as Furst will play 4-5. Having players that can play multiple positions isn't playing 2 bigs as mentioned on here. TJD is a prime example of that flex position the problem was IU had zero backups for TJD and it showed. Will Duncomb change that...maybe. IU will need that post position to hit shots within the block and not having Race and TJD to just clog the middle up with zero outside shooters. The addition of transfer guards could change that as well...

Sure, I'll go into more detail since you can't look up the stats yourself.

Unlike @OhioBoiler51 , we will be looking at their entire 2020-21 seasons rather than looking at 4 games over the last two years.

Scoring: Slight Advantage TJD
- PPG: TJD: 19.1, Williams: 15.5

- MPG: TJD: 34, Williams: 25
This is where Purdue fans will try to argue that TJD only scores more, because he plays more. They will unintelligently leave out the fact that Williams has a 35% usage percentage compared to TJDs at 29%

- FG%: TJD: 51.7%, Williams: 52.5%
Obviously extremely close in this category, however Purdue had a better supporting cast leaving more room to operate and less double teams for Williams.

- FT%: TJD: 65.5%, Williams: 50%
TJD is not a good free throw shooter, however Williams is just flat out terrible in that department. It was a weird flex for @OhioBoiler51 to try to make fun of TJD's FT shooting given how terrible Williams is.

Defensively: HUGE Advantage TJD
- BPG: TJD: 1.4, Williams: .6
Once again, not close. Williams is not a good athlete and isn't a quick jumper which makes him a poor shot blocker for a big man. Clear win for TJD in this department.
- SPG: TJD: .7, Williams: .7

Miscellaneous: Toss up
- RPG:TJD: 9, Williams: 9.1
Slight edge to Williams in this department.
- Athleticism: TJD: Great Athlete, Williams: ….. ….. …. Not a great athlete

Post Season Awards: Advantage TJD
- All American:TJD: 3rd Team All American, Williams: Honorable Mention

- All Big Ten:
- TJD:
- Media: 1st Team
- Coaches: 2nd Team
- Williams:
- Media: 2nd Team
- Coaches: 1st Team

Unlike @OhioBoiler51 , we will be looking at their entire 2020-21 seasons rather than looking at 4 games over the last two years.

This is where Purdue fans will try to argue that TJD only scores more, because he plays more. They will unintelligently leave out the fact that Williams has a 35% usage percentage compared to TJDs at 29%

Obviously extremely close in this category, however Purdue had a better supporting cast leaving more room to operate and less double teams for Williams.

TJD is not a good free throw shooter, however Williams is just flat out terrible in that department. It was a weird flex for @OhioBoiler51 to try to make fun of TJD's FT shooting given how terrible Williams is.

Once again, not close. Williams is not a good athlete and isn't a quick jumper which makes him a poor shot blocker for a big man. Clear win for TJD in this department.

- All Big Ten:
- TJD:
- Williams:
LMAO! Yea TJD’s a better defender and I said that. Offensively trevion is a much better passer and has a better low post game. He just impacts the game more than TJD does and does it in 9 fewer minutes per game as you pointed out. Trevion can’t help it his team has better coaching with the usage rates.

As for the free throws, yes it’s funnier than shit that he yells and 1 every time and then can’t make his free throws. I guess when he’s playing Purdue what he means is “and 1 more rebound for Trevion.” Maybe that’s why they were flip flopped on the conference awards. The media sees the and one and while they are tweeting about it the coaches see the missed free throw that follows.

Reactions: Btfu2017 and MTobin

- All Big Ten:
- TJD:
- Williams:
Using blocks to determine who's better defensively is bad. More to it than that, but tjd is better there. Also forgot assist per game.

Wouldn't a high usage % combined with the difference in minutes make scoring comparable? Add in the assist difference and trevion might account for more point, but close.

After seeing your stats and awards, I'm struggling to see how it isn't close.

LMAO! Yea TJD’s a better defender and I said that. Offensively trevion is a much better passer and has a better low post game. He just impacts the game more than TJD does and does it in 9 fewer minutes per game as you pointed out. Trevion can’t help it his team has better coaching with the usage rates.

As for the free throws, yes it’s funnier than shit that he yells and 1 every time and then can’t make his free throws. I guess when he’s playing Purdue what he means is “and 1 more rebound for Trevion.” Maybe that’s why they were flip flopped on the conference awards. The media sees the and one and while they are tweeting about it the coaches see the missed free throw that follows.
Trevion has better low post moves, not a better low post game. TJD currently has one move and no one can take it away. TJD will have a much higher usage under Woody, and will even develop his other hand and additional moves.
Using blocks to determine who's better defensively is bad. More to it than that, but tjd is better there. Also forgot assist per game.

Wouldn't a high usage % combined with the difference in minutes make scoring comparable? Add in the assist difference and trevion might account for more point, but close.

After seeing your stats and awards, I'm struggling to see how it isn't close.
It would make them close scoring wise, however if they played the same mpg with the same usage rate, TJD would score more ppg. Trevion shooting only 50% from the line really leaves some points out there and is what sets TJD above Williams offensively.

Again, even if you called them a toss up offensively, TJD is CLEARLY the better defender. That makes TJD the better overall player.

• Wow
Reactions: Btfu2017
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT