ADVERTISEMENT

Duncomb or Furst?

Trevion has better low post moves, not a better low post game. TJD currently has one move and no one can take it away. TJD will have a much higher usage under Woody, and will even develop his other hand and additional moves.

It would make them close scoring wise, however if they played the same mpg with the same usage rate, TJD would score more ppg. Trevion shooting only 50% from the line really leaves some points out there and is what sets TJD above Williams offensively.

Again, even if you called them a toss up offensively, TJD is CLEARLY the better defender. That makes TJD the better overall player.
So you are admitting that they are close? We will see if TJD develops or not. Curious to see. Always felt like going to play for Archie was a huge mistake.

So you are admitting that they are close? We will see if TJD develops or not. Curious to see. Always felt like going to play for Archie was a huge mistake.
They are close offensively. They are not close overall. TJD is faaaaaar better defensively.

• Haha
Reactions: Btfu2017
The same places saying Ivey is potentially a lottery pick are saying TJD is going to develop more moves and his other hand this year? Probably since this was on Peegs

I’ll temper my expectations until the baseline times weighs in
TJD>Trevion…

Do I think TJD develops his off hand? Eh maybe, maybe not.

Do I think Ivey becomes and All American and a lottery pick this year? No I don’t.

TJD>Trevion…

Do I think TJD develops his off hand? Eh maybe, maybe not.

Do I think Ivey becomes and All American and a lottery pick this year? No I don’t.
Your track record on these things is unparalleled. If you correct are on Ivey, maybe he stays for a 3rd year which I would be equally happy with

Reactions: Bill4411
You have quite the selective memory. TJD also held him to 0 points and 0 rebounds in the first matchup.
Yep when Trevion went off for 22/10/2. Crazy how much better Edey was playing towards the end of the year. I guess it’s carried over into the off-season because he was trying out for Canada’s 19U team and it looks like he will be on their Olympic team instead

Sure, I'll go into more detail since you can't look up the stats yourself.

Unlike @OhioBoiler51 , we will be looking at their entire 2020-21 seasons rather than looking at 4 games over the last two years.

Scoring: Slight Advantage TJD
- PPG: TJD: 19.1, Williams: 15.5

- MPG: TJD: 34, Williams: 25
This is where Purdue fans will try to argue that TJD only scores more, because he plays more. They will unintelligently leave out the fact that Williams has a 35% usage percentage compared to TJDs at 29%

- FG%: TJD: 51.7%, Williams: 52.5%
Obviously extremely close in this category, however Purdue had a better supporting cast leaving more room to operate and less double teams for Williams.

- FT%: TJD: 65.5%, Williams: 50%
TJD is not a good free throw shooter, however Williams is just flat out terrible in that department. It was a weird flex for @OhioBoiler51 to try to make fun of TJD's FT shooting given how terrible Williams is.

Defensively: HUGE Advantage TJD
- BPG: TJD: 1.4, Williams: .6
Once again, not close. Williams is not a good athlete and isn't a quick jumper which makes him a poor shot blocker for a big man. Clear win for TJD in this department.
- SPG: TJD: .7, Williams: .7

Miscellaneous: Toss up
- RPG:TJD: 9, Williams: 9.1
Slight edge to Williams in this department.
- Athleticism: TJD: Great Athlete, Williams: ….. ….. …. Not a great athlete

Post Season Awards: Advantage TJD
- All American:TJD: 3rd Team All American, Williams: Honorable Mention

- All Big Ten:
- TJD:
- Media: 1st Team
- Coaches: 2nd Team
- Williams:
- Media: 2nd Team
- Coaches: 1st Team
So basically the B1G coaches voted and told you who was better yet you still believe you know more than them about basketball. Makes sense.

What criteria were the coaches voting based on? Please inform us.
Oh, maybe the coaches scouted them extensively, game planned against them, observed them up close. There was once a Bog 10 player who only layer a third of the conference games yet won the league MVP award. You would’ve wondered how that was possible.

Oh, maybe the coaches scouted them extensively, game planned against them, observed them up close. There was once a Bog 10 player who only layer a third of the conference games yet won the league MVP award. You would’ve wondered how that was possible.
Oh hey Ordy, the question was asked because it’s likely coaches valued team success when making their picks. No one would say Trevion Williams is a better player than TJD without factoring in team success.

Glad to see you back after that absolute beat down you took this weekend.

• Haha
Oh hey Ordy, the question was asked because it’s likely coaches valued team success when making their picks. No one would say Trevion Williams is a better player than TJD without factoring in team success.

Glad to see you back after that absolute beat down you took this weekend.
Only an ignorant fan would claim that coaches would look at it that way. And the only beat down here was the one you routinely suffer at the hands of the Purdue people you invite in to abuse you. Not surprised this is all over your head.

Yep when Trevion went off for 22/10/2. Crazy how much better Edey was playing towards the end of the year. I guess it’s carried over into the off-season because he was trying out for Canada’s 19U team and it looks like he will be on their Olympic team instead
um.. we probably have some 16 year olds in the US who could make the Canadian olympic team.

Why do Purdue fans brag about a guy who scored 11 ppg and shot 25% from 3? Edey just 8 ppg and 4 rebs. Not necessarily indications that these two will be future stars.
It's not just about season stats, it's about the level of athlete combined with the finish to the season and the trajectory shown. Purdue fans aren't the only ones hyping Ivey

um.. we probably have some 16 year olds in the US who could make the Canadian olympic team.
He didn’t make it. Will be on the 19U team and an alternate for the Olympic team that’s full of NBA players. What 16 year old makes this roster?

Nickeil Alexander-WalkerGuard6’6”Toronto, ONNew Orleans Pelicans
R.J. BarrettGuard6'6”Mississauga, ONNew York Knicks
Trae Bell-HaynesGuard6'2”Toronto, ONCrailsheim Merlins (Germany)
Anthony BennettForward6’8”Toronto, ONCangrejeros de Santurce (Puerto Rico)
Luguentz DortGuard6’4”Montreal, QCOklahoma City Thunder
Zach EdeyCentre7’4”Toronto, ONPurdue Boilermakers (NCAA)
Cory JosephGuard6'3"Toronto, ONDetroit Pistons
Trey LylesForward6’10”Saskatoon, SKSan Antonio Spurs
Mychal MulderGuard6’3”Windsor, ONGolden State Warriors
Andrew NicholsonForward6’9”Mississauga, ONFujian Sturgeons (China)
Dwight PowellForward6'11"Toronto, ONDallas Mavericks
Andrew WigginsForward6’7”Vaughan, ONGolden State Warriors

Last edited:
  • Haha
Why do Purdue fans brag about a guy who scored 11 ppg and shot 25% from 3? Edey just 8 ppg and 4 rebs. Not necessarily indications that these two will be future stars.
Both made the all freshman team

both are headed to Latvia to represent their home countries as some of the top players 19 and under (Furst is as well).

Ivey is getting 1st round talk in mock drafts. Edey almost made an Olympic roster full of nba players when he’s only played the sport for 3 years.

the last 1/3 of the season

Ivey - 16 points, 4.1 rebounds, 2.2 assists, 1.3 blocks, 1.2 blocks, 32% from 3. Just a small improvement to his 3pt shot which improved as the season went (might be due to his foot injury) to go along with his athleticism is why it’s easy to get excited about him.

Edey - 11.2 points, 5.6 rebounds, 1.3 blocks, 62% from the floor, 77% from the FT line. That would be good for a starter but he averaged that coming off the bench for around 16 minutes per game.

Both made the all freshman team

both are headed to Latvia to represent their home countries as some of the top players 19 and under (Furst is as well).

Ivey is getting 1st round talk in mock drafts. Edey almost made an Olympic roster full of nba players when he’s only played the sport for 3 years.

the last 1/3 of the season

Ivey - 16 points, 4.1 rebounds, 2.2 assists, 1.3 blocks, 1.2 blocks, 32% from 3. Just a small improvement to his 3pt shot which improved as the season went (might be due to his foot injury) to go along with his athleticism is why it’s easy to get excited about him.

Edey - 11.2 points, 5.6 rebounds, 1.3 blocks, 62% from the floor, 77% from the FT line. That would be good for a starter but he averaged that coming off the bench for around 16 minutes per game.
Why so defensive of the message board's less than objective view of PU and its players? What do you expect?

Reactions: mathboy
Did you see it from a seat where you can't see everything or everyone? Or hear it everyone?
I have very low seats. I know the story, how it evolved and what well-followed person spread untrue info on twatter.

Tell us what you think you know, but govern yourself accordingly.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT