ADVERTISEMENT

Duke De-Commit mean Quinones to IU?

Quinones broke down the major factors in his upcoming decision:

“My main goal is just to get to the NBA right now,” Quinones told Inside the Hall. “Whatever school gives me the best opportunity to reach my goals and aspirations of becoming a pro and has the most tools.
I need a head coach that, even when I’m not hitting shots, he’s not just going to go to the next guy on the bench. Someone that is going to have faith in me. The relationship with the coach is important and someone that is going to help me get to the next level.”
Well that should make his decision easy. Archie will have atleast one in the league. Penny zero. I don’t know why anyone wants to go to that hell hole in Memphis

Reactions: ufo33 and IULouie
Well that should make his decision easy. Archie will have atleast one in the league. Penny zero. I don’t know why anyone wants to go to that hell hole in Memphis
Because Penny and Mike Miller played in the NBA. Everybody seems to think they are going to make the NBA and you have what less than 60 spots in each draft? Just give me guys who want to stay three or four years. Sick of these guys who only have one interest.

Reactions: Wall2Boogie
Because Penny and Mike Miller played in the NBA. Everybody seems to think they are going to make the NBA and you have what less than 60 spots in each draft? Just give me guys who want to stay three or four years. Sick of these guys who only have one interest.
So what. It doesn’t mean you can coach. Ask Michael Jordan how easy it is being a gm and he is the goat. Wayne Gretzky is in the same boat. He relates to kids on their level. He has done nothing. Any of us could coach wiseman to the nba

Crystal Ball for Lester is now at...
Memphis 100%

Memphis had 5 seniors leave, and 2 transfers. That is a lot. I guess they could potentially get 2 or more still to add to their 4 recruits.

Get your notebook ready. You have a lot to learn young grasshopper.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cameron_Indoor_Stadium

Thank you so much for the exact answer I was expecting, highlighted by your usual douchiness. You did not disappoint.

So, the next time someone brings up Beilein, or more appropriately, Coach K (see what I did there?) as an example of a coach who struggled in the early part of his career, you won't feel the need to try to argue that those aren't legitimate scenarios because they are the rare exception to the rule (much like you did here by pointing out the exception...Cameron Indoor Stadium).

Thanks for playing...and being played. :D

Class is dismissed.

Reactions: HoosiersChamps
So now you’re admitting coaches who start off terrible then turn things around are the exception? You’re learning kid. Keep studying and you’ll get there.

So now you’re admitting coaches who start off terrible then turn things around are the exception? You’re learning kid. Keep studying and you’ll get there.

No, I'm showing that you lost what little credibility you have (none) when you used a strategy you oppose so consistently and dramatically to try to make your point.

I'm afraid you haven't mastered the grade level standards and will need to go to summer school (on another board, preferably) to avoid retention.

Good luck.

Quinones broke down the major factors in his upcoming decision:

“My main goal is just to get to the NBA right now,” Quinones told Inside the Hall. “Whatever school gives me the best opportunity to reach my goals and aspirations of becoming a pro and has the most tools.
I need a head coach that, even when I’m not hitting shots, he’s not just going to go to the next guy on the bench. Someone that is going to have faith in me. The relationship with the coach is important and someone that is going to help me get to the next level.”
I don't want this kid at all...me, me, me, I, I, I. Sounds like a wasted year of hoops. I would think any kid that is a one and done should at least have a goal of winning whatever league at this level and winning the tourney. You get one shot to do your March thing.

Reactions: kkott
I don't want this kid at all...me, me, me, I, I, I. Sounds like a wasted year of hoops. I would think any kid that is a one and done should at least have a goal of winning whatever league at this level and winning the tourney. You get one shot to do your March thing.

Wow....that's a horrible quote from the kid.

Reactions: OhioBoiler51
So what. It doesn’t mean you can coach. Ask Michael Jordan how easy it is being a gm and he is the goat. Wayne Gretzky is in the same boat. He relates to kids on their level. He has done nothing. Any of us could coach wiseman to the nba
That is not the point. Right now the recruits do not care if Penny can coach or not. He is the hot new shiny car in college bbal.

Reactions: cryano
I do not think you will have to worry. I think he is Memphis bound.

Till they find out that new car is a pinto in disguise
Lester said he face timed the coach and informed him today. Given he talks with Penny everyday I believe it is over. So now we go into next year without addressing the shooting situation and hoping the current guys improve on shooting in a big time way. I am having a hard time understanding Archie not going after grad transfer shooters . Recruiting is just a disaster right now.

It’s always good to add another talented four star to the mix, but I don’t think we need him. Green, Phinisee, Durham, Hunter, and Anderson are all talented ball handlers that Archie can work with. No one else wants to come to Indiana because we have solid, two deep talent at every position. If I was Lester, I would go to Memphis and hope for a flash in the pan success rather than grinding it out against similar talent that already have a year or more experience under their belt.

Reactions: Indianaftw
It’s always good to add another talented four star to the mix, but I don’t think we need him. Green, Phinisee, Durham, Hunter, and Anderson are all talented ball handlers that Archie can work with. No one else wants to come to Indiana because we have solid, two deep talent at every position. If I was Lester, I would go to Memphis and hope for a flash in the pan success rather than grinding it out against similar talent that already have a year or more experience under their belt.

Anderson is not a talented ball handler at all and is also not a good defender. Nobody wants to come here because we are two deep????? You cannot be serious with that statement.

Reactions: kkott and cryano
Anderson is not a talented ball handler at all and is also not a good defender. Nobody wants to come here because we are two deep????? You cannot be serious with that statement.
Outside of Phinisee - I dont see a position that is not questionable at best...

TJD provides some optimism, as does Hunter if he is healthy. But, neither have played a college game.

Reactions: minneman
Outside of Phinisee - I dont see a position that is not questionable at best...

TJD provides some optimism, as does Hunter if he is healthy. But, neither have played a college game.
We really do not have much depth at guard imo. I am not expecting much form Anderson so that leaves Rob, Al, Franklin, and Green. If somebody gets hurt then what.

Lester said he face timed the coach and informed him today. Given he talks with Penny everyday I believe it is over. So now we go into next year without addressing the shooting situation and hoping the current guys improve on shooting in a big time way. I am having a hard time understanding Archie not going after grad transfer shooters . Recruiting is just a disaster right now.

Ha ha, do you panic much? Relax.

Shooting improvement is the # 1 way teams improve %, not the rookies.
Grad transfers are hard to get into IU. Period. Those that qualify may not fit our needs.
There is still time before the season starts, stop acting like it starts tomorrow.
I don't know that Archie gets an "A+" but bringing in another McD, Franklin and Brunk is not a recruiting disaster.
Try to be realistic, and not follow recruiting with a microscope, life will be better along with the boards.

Grad transfers are hard to get into IU. Period. Those that qualify may not fit our needs.
There is still time before the season starts, stop acting like it starts tomorrow.
I don't know that Archie gets an "A+" but bringing in another McD, Franklin and Brunk is not a recruiting disaster.
Try to be realistic, and not follow recruiting with a microscope, life will be better along with the boards.
So are we making the tournament or not?

He haven’t received a commitment from a HS recruit in literally 6+ months. The two we have were signed before the dumpster fire happened last season. Our recruiting has absolutely fallen off a cliff.

Get your notebook ready. You have a lot to learn young grasshopper.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cameron_Indoor_Stadium

First line of the ****ing article, dipshit: "Cameron Indoor Stadium is an indoor arena located on the campus of Duke University..."

Your incompetence is at astronomical levels and is the only reason I still come back here - so I can be entertained. You're the reason the gene pool needs a lifeguard. Someday in your sad life you'll go far... and we all hope you'll stay there.

He haven’t received a commitment from a HS recruit in literally 6+ months. The two we have were signed before the dumpster fire happened last season. Our recruiting has absolutely fallen off a cliff.
Thats some stinky ass fish bait right there. Love to see what kind of Surströmming that brings forth.

We really do not have much depth at guard imo. I am not expecting much form Anderson so that leaves Rob, Al, Franklin, and Green. If somebody gets hurt then what.

and what were you saying when we had Yogi, and ... no one for a couple years? When we had Robert Johnson guarding Haas in the post? As I've said, you can criticize Archie legitimately on several issues, but he is building a much more logical roster with depth at all positions. Hard to do after only 2 of his classes, but right now we look to have a legit starter and backup at each position:

RP-DG-AF
AD-DG-AF
JH-JS
TJD-RT
DD-JB

Obviously another shooting 2 guard would be great, and another post player, but this is a better balanced roster still short 2 spots than we've had since 2013.

Last edited:
Memphis has the same number of National Titles as IUPUI. Or Purdue. 0

The titles are something for the fans to be proud of for sure, but it has very little impact on kids they are recruiting now. If it didn't happen after they turned 10 or so it might as well have happened after WWII. The kids want to see an offense they would like to be a part of, a defensive mentality they want to be a part of, for some a degree they would like to earn, and a coach they feel comfortable with. Recent success weighs big with recruits ofc, gives them confidence they will have the same success. Winning begets winning.

Reactions: kkott and cryano
The titles are something for the fans to be proud of for sure, but it has very little impact on kids they are recruiting now. If it didn't happen after they turned 10 or so it might as well have happened after WWII. The kids want to see an offense they would like to be a part of, a defensive mentality they want to be a part of, for some a degree they would like to earn, and a coach they feel comfortable with. Recent success weighs big with recruits ofc, gives them confidence they will have the same success. Winning begets winning.
Depends where the kids are from.

Depends where the kids are from.

IMO it doesn't anymore, basketball for top recruits is a national lifestyle now, it's not just about the HS season playing for a coach who has met RMK several times etc... Kids aren't "unaware" of past historical success, but it isn't ingrained and "now" to them. This includes state of Indiana recruits. Some of the top recruits stay in the state everywhere....Grew up a fan....Parents went there.... etc. My point is that the banners are important for the fans and should be. The banners are almost a non factor for recruits when it isn't coupled with current big time basketball.

IMO it doesn't anymore, basketball for top recruits is a national lifestyle now, it's not just about the HS season playing for a coach who has met RMK several times etc... Kids aren't "unaware" of past historical success, but it isn't ingrained and "now" to them. This includes state of Indiana recruits. Some of the top recruits stay in the state everywhere....Grew up a fan....Parents went there.... etc. My point is that the banners are important for the fans and should be. The banners are almost a non factor for recruits when it isn't coupled with current big time basketball.
"Big Time Basketball" is going to bypass traditional high school and college basketball altogether. Because a traditional high school or college coach wants to win as a team, and a NBA prospect just wants to be paid as fast a possible. It is all about them, not about the school team's success. They only care about individual success. Only 2 McDonalds HS All-Americans (Romeo, Bazely) last year did not play for a private Prep School (Basketball Academies) LaLu, Oak Hill, IMG, Monteverde Academy, Huntington Prep, Findlay Prep etc. The top kids are trying to remove themselves completely from the scholastic teams in HS and only play for AAU, Prep Schools, and then the minimum number of years in college before they can be picked up by the NBA. AAU and Prep Schools have replaced traditional high school basketball as where the top National players play and are recruited.

Last edited:
Just drop college basketball and let AAU/Prep Schools take these players directly to the NBA. No need to play for traditional high school and college teams anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT