ADVERTISEMENT

Down go Suckeyes

Laughing Man Lol GIF

If we're 11-1 with only a loss to Ohio State, do you really think we won't get in the playoff?
Yes. That's why some of us are not jumping up and down. The committee will select any decent SEC team ahead of us if we aren't in the Big Ten Title game. And our chances of that just went from 10% to 0.00001%. Yippee!

• Sad
Reactions: vesuvius13
Yes. That's why some of us are not jumping up and down. The committee will select any decent SEC team ahead of us if we aren't in the Big Ten Title game. And our chances of that just went from 10% to 0.00001%. Yippee!
All these SEC teams are going to start knocking each other out. Loser of Alabama/Tennessee next week will have a 2nd loss. 1 loss Georgia still plays Texas, Tennessee, and Ole Miss. 2 loss Ole Miss is effectively out after tonight. An 11-1 IU teams whose only loss is at Ohio State will make the CFB.

All these SEC teams are going to start knocking each other out. Loser of Alabama/Tennessee next week will have a 2nd loss. 1 loss Georgia still plays Texas, Tennessee, and Ole Miss. 2 loss Ole Miss is effectively out after tonight. An 11-1 IU teams whose only loss is at Ohio State will make the CFB.
There are 11 slots ... plus Boise State. The committee will pick the P4 conference title contenders and 3 more SEC teams over 11-1 Indiana, if we're not in the BTT game.

Why do all of a sudden people appear to say we're #@$%$!?

I do wish Penn State would have lost. Although USC... No more overrating by feasting on easier comp.

Was rooting for Ohio State, but Indiana has a gauntlet of teams to play yet before worrying about 1 loss. And if we have one loss, we'll be in for sure. Likely one of B1G Ten and SEC will get four teams. The other three. There aren't going to be six better teams outside of those leagues.

If we finish 10-2 I doubt fans are going to be too unhappy. Other then the two or three in the playoff clearly weaker that are put in for diversity.

Long way to go yet. Beat Nebraska!

Indiana needs to simply keep winning. If Indiana goes into the OSU game undefeated, Indiana will give OSU problems with a chance for the W.

Oregon put up right at 500 yards of offense on OSU. Close to 350 of that was passing yards. Indiana may have a little something for OSU!

Why do all of a sudden people appear to say we're #@$%$!?

I do wish Penn State would have lost. Although USC... No more overrating by feasting on easier comp.

Was rooting for Ohio State, but Indiana has a gauntlet of teams to play yet before worrying about 1 loss. And if we have one loss, we'll be in for sure. Likely one of B1G Ten and SEC will get four teams. The other three. There aren't going to be six better teams outside of those leagues.

If we finish 10-2 I doubt fans are going to be too unhappy. Other then the two or three in the playoff clearly weaker that are put in for diversity.

Long way to go yet. Beat Nebraska!
Gauntlet? Nebraska is OK, Washington just got blown out by Iowa, Michigan State isn’t good, neither is Michigan, Ohio State will be a tough game, and Purdue should be an easy win.

Too many people fear-mongering over the SEC this year. Texas is legit and after that it’s a bunch of overrated teams being carried by name only. Outside the 1st quarter against Georgia, Alabama hasn’t looked like anything close to a top 10 team. LSU lost to a USC team that’s 1-3 in the B10. Tennessee lost to Arkansas who is the 2nd worst team in the SEC and needed OT to beat Florida at home (3rd worst team in the SEC). Ole Miss is effectively out with 2 losses and Georgia is probably the 2nd best team who will get one of the at-large bids.

Bama/TN/LSU will all lose at least once more this year giving each of those schools at least 2 losses. I think the SEC gets 3 teams in: Texas, Georgia, and whoever is left standing between Bama, LSU and Tennessee, my guess Bama. 11-1 IU is getting in over a 2 or 3 loss Tennessee or LSU in that scenario.

Reactions: midwolfe
Agreed…but how awesome is it to be able to worry about this six games into the season? I feel like one morning I’m going to slip in the bathtub, hit my head, and wake up in my recliner watching a Tom Allen coached IU team getting blown out by Purdue….

• Haha
Reactions: 76-1 and red hornet
What a thread. Awesome!
I'm just thinking beat Nebraska. 5-1 Nebraska is coming next week. They'll be ready and giving zero respect.
Time to show up. I think we will.
Pretty sure their freshman QB will be tested as best we can.

Regarding Bucs, I love the expansion, and I wasn't sure. Now two or three schools won't be propped up at the cost of the rest.
The playing field is evening out as 18 major institutions compete with millions to spend from TV.
So happy we got CCC.
Go Hoosiers!

I know it’s technically bad for us if we have a great 2nd half of the season, but I love watching O$U lose and be miserable.

They will get another crack at it in the playoff and they’re always a very good team, but the pressure is ramping up on Ryan Day, who btw spends too much time dyeing his beard.

No they won’t because all but 1 or 2 SEC teams are going to have 2+ losses.
@ulrey since you laughed at this comment, Texas is the only undefeated team left in the SEC. These are the remaining one loss teams

1 loss Alabama still plays: @ Tennessee @ LSU and Missouri

1 loss Georgia still plays: @ Texas @ Ole Miss and Tennessee

1 loss Texas A&M still plays: Texas and LSU

1 loss Missouri still plays: @ Alabama

1 loss Tennessee still plays: Alabama and @ Georgia

1 loss LSU still plays: @ TAMU and Alabama

Please tell me which of the current 1 loss SEC teams is winning out the rest of the season? Since they all play each other, it’s mathematically impossible for the SEC to end up with a bunch of 1 loss teams like the B10. Outside Texas, every other SEC team is projected to have at least 2 losses.

Gauntlet? Nebraska is OK, Washington just got blown out by Iowa, Michigan State isn’t good, neither is Michigan, Ohio State will be a tough game, and Purdue should be an easy win.
So even more reason for optimism. Not fear mongering.

I say 6-0, incredible result, 5-1 great result, and we're in for sure, (almost regardless of title game result) 4-2 very good result, may not be in playoff. 3-3 , ehhh, back to earth, but still a fine season, 2-4 or worse, very disappointing.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT