ADVERTISEMENT

do you know what I mean??

I'm intrigued by your comments. Tell us more about this concept of privilege frat boys possess...its origin, pecking order placement at a typical campus social scene such as Nick's, ramifications on post graduate hirings etc. Is this type of privilege seen as equal to or greater value in society in combination with "white privilege"?
Please STFU and keep your hillbilly BS off the basketball board.

TIA

I'm not sure what you're point is. I responded to someone who said they hoped future recruits didn't read this board and see how harshly we treated our own players. My point was, I didn't think it was harsh, just accurate. As you and others point out: being interviewed can be uncomfortable and often takes a concerted effort to avoid normal lapses in speech. I just don't think it's a big deal, it's like saying someone has an accent or high pitch, and wasn't meant as a put down or derogatory. At least I didn't take it that way.
May God have mercy on those in voice of high pitch. It worked for Barry Gibb but few others.

Not specific to this interview, but does NIL change the “just a kid” thinking regarding the players on IU?

These are pros now. We have players getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars (or a $million ? In the case of Trace) to play basketball at IU. IMHO, it does change how sympathetic I am to the “they’re just kids” narrative.
Race, Malik, TJD, X, Tamar, and JHS will make more this year than 90% of this board.

Race, Malik, TJD, X, Tamar, and JHS will make more this year than 90% of this board.
For what, exactly though? I have not seen any of these guys repping or speaking for any product, merchant, or other business. What are they getting paid for?

Jordan Germino's favorite thing to say, if you read the article, you will know what I mean
I'm sure you would have sounded like a gifted orator in the same situation my friend. What do you think it's like sitting through another inane Q&A by some old "basketball expert(s)" asking one idiot question after another?
And yes, I knew exactly what he meant!

For what, exactly though? I have not seen any of these guys repping or speaking for any product, merchant, or other business. What are they getting paid for?
Being ambassador’s for Hoosiers for good, and the clown show hysterics. They get % of money from all gear sold through IU tht relates to bball and them. That will bring a lot.

Cavanaghs corner is a big player too of course.

Being ambassador’s for Hoosiers for good, and the clown show hysterics. They get % of money from all gear sold through IU tht relates to bball and them. That will bring a lot.

Cavanaghs corner is a big player too of course.
SHOW THEM THE MONEY!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT