ADVERTISEMENT

Disappointed with the effort tonight

IU Scott

Hall of Famer
Jun 28, 2014
Greenfield Indiana
Disappointed how we started the game getting behind 27-10 and I thought Morgan did not put much effort on the defensive end. I was very happy to see Green finally break through with a great game. Senior guards totally disappeared again and don't understand how Johnson can only score 2 points.

Disappointed how we started the game getting behind 27-10 and I thought Morgan did not put much effort on the defensive end. I was very happy to see Green finally break through with a great game. Senior guards totally disappeared again and don't understand how Johnson can only score 2 points.
We didn’t start well, but I liked how we scrapped defensively in the second half. We just can’t be competitive with Freddie McSwain playing that many meaningful minutes. It’s a year for Archie to install his system. Enjoy the process because this will pay off big in the coming years.

Reactions: darkhawk returns
We didn’t start well, but I liked how we scrapped defensively in the second half. We just can’t be competitive with Freddie McSwain playing that many meaningful minutes. It’s a year for Archie to install his system. Enjoy the process because this will pay off big in the coming years.

I think Freddie is shooting 50% this year.......on dunks

I think Freddie is shooting 50% this year.......on dunks

That is funny and true.

This roster is damn near as bad as any of 2008-2010. Hell....some of those guy played harder than this bunch. These senior guys have thrown in the towel. We were basing hopes on a guy who couldn’t cut it at Pitt, another guy who has progressively gotten worse over his career as a shooter and another guy who has been in the triage ward his entire time here.
I think the staff also realizes that yelling at this group does zero so they are on cruise control till this is mercifully over.

Green put up some points in a game where there was zero pressure because we were playing from behind all night. Where was that effort vs Purdue?

Reactions: IUgradman
This stretch of games with limited practice time and limited rest is brutal for a thin roster like ours. We do not have the talent to play on such quick turnarounds. A road game two days after a previous game is a hell of a challenge for a thin and talent-challenged team.

If anything, tonight points out how valuable AM is. This team is much better when it has time to practice and prepare. It just doesn't have the talent and experience to get a walk-through prep for an opponent and then go play. In addition, guys like Morgan and Johnson are playing a boat-load of minutes. Our lack of depth is really exposed in these two-day turnaround situations.

7 turnovers in an away game... I'll take that any day... Got Killed in rebounding & scoring... Can't shoot less than 40 pct.... Didn't expect to win...

Reactions: Kwang

Disappointed but not surprised in the least. Here is a simple graphic that describes our team’s focus level and toughness this year:

6170-illustration-of-an-up-and-down-graph-pv.png

This stretch of games with limited practice time and limited rest is brutal for a thin roster like ours. We do not have the talent to play on such quick turnarounds. A road game two days after a previous game is a hell of a challenge for a thin and talent-challenged team.

If anything, tonight points out how valuable AM is. This team is much better when it has time to practice and prepare. It just doesn't have the talent and experience to get a walk-through prep for an opponent and then go play. In addition, guys like Morgan and Johnson are playing a boat-load of minutes. Our lack of depth is really exposed in these two-day turnaround situations.

When you say it doesn't have the talent and experience you're being too easy on them..........talent I see, but the two guys who HAVE the experience, Newkirk & Johnson, scored 0 & 2 points tonight..........so here are 2 guys who have the talent and experience to get it done in tough situations, and they just don't. I think Johnson especially is just over it. He'll play hard at home against a big-time opponent, but just isn't feeling it when he has to play at Illinois or OSU......it's just not worth the effort it takes to him. I think AM has built him up, supported, and defended him all year, but it just hasn't worked for 2/3 of the games he has played.

This Saturday is the last chance for this team to do anything memorable this season. If we lose Saturday, the season is basically over, imo.

Reactions: IUgradman

Exactly. Very well stated.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT