ADVERTISEMENT

Did Paige swallow Steph Curry's dick juice before the game?

A breather for what? If they can't play 40 minutes tonight there is something wrong with them.

16 minutes of bonus for UNC.

So unless Calipussipari is coaching them up on free throw shooting, this game is donezo.

God...on top of it all Troy is the only one hitting 3's. I think he's back to even now after all the points he cost us.

It's ridiculous. You don't see UNC doing that dumb stuff.

Uh...all of IU's shots were basically wide open. Ziesloft, Hartman, the Michigan kid...all missed at least one wide open one. That is a bit encouraging though, if they can get it toghether.

The most discouraging thing...seeing dumby Buzz Williams (a Crean crony) talk at half. What a dunce. Good thing Wally set him straight. If Crean is half as dumb as Buzz, we are screwed.
I don't doubt that Crean is dumber than Buzz.

That said, the difference in the game is field goal percentage.

Oh, and now, in the second half, fouls.

jeebus

IU has no chance now with Carolina in the 1and1 with 16 minutes to play.

That's not why I'm pissed. Crean's decisions are hurting this team. UNC won't stay hot. But IU needs to have the right guys on the floor.

I'm not even complaining about the poor defense. I just want certain players in the game and the ball in the hands of our pg.
I'd like our PG to grab the daggum ball

I don't doubt that Crean is dumber than Buzz.

That said, the difference in the game is field goal percentage.

Oh, and now, in the second half, fouls.

jeebus

IU has no chance now with Carolina in the 1and1 with 16 minutes to play.

FG% is directly correlated with defense.

UNC is giving us the outside shot, but taking away the middle. IU is giving UNC everything.

Also, some of the fouls have been BS, but it is obvious Williams half time plan was to have UNC take everything to the paint. That's why their getting foul calls.

I'm just glad OG hasn't played much. Not like he did anything in the first half. wtf???

No doubt UNC is shooting lights out and IU isn't. Crean's spazzing in the first half did not help at all. UNC is the better team so we needed things to go really well for us.

Those shots for UNC are largely uncontested. I mean they don't normally hit at this rate, but jesus...most teams are going to hit a fair percentage of uncontested shots.

I thought *maybe* IU could get back into in the 2nd half by a little UNC regression to the mean and IU waking up. But as usual...Crean's halftime adjustments actually make IU worse. Unreal.

What a complete clusterf**k brought about by a team completely unprepared to play basketball.

Oh sweet....the announcers are going to shill for Crean now.

Those shots for UNC are largely uncontested. I mean they don't normally hit at this rate, but jesus...most teams are going to hit a fair percentage of uncontested shots.

I thought *maybe* IU could get back into in the 2nd half by a little UNC regression to the mean and IU waking up. But as usual...Crean's halftime adjustments actually make IU worse. Unreal.

What a complete clusterf**k brought about by a team completely unprepared to play basketball.
Just for my education, what adjustments did Crean make that hurt IU?

Typical right? Out talent the first and second then lose to a good team.

But UNC is shooting really well. Meeks hitting all those free throws as an example.

Bryant is really good. Like him a lot.

2nd half has been very disappointing. 1st I can attribute to Paige chucking some watthe****s that drained, soft rims, and some bad luck. This 2nd half, they've been straight beat and would be beat worse if it weren't for the Troy AndBullshit Mixtape tour providing the offensive spark.

Reactions: FrankTGucker

Was Carolina the better team? I think so. Did I expect IU to win, no, I did not.

But, what makes you think that they were "completely unprepared to play basketball"? This is unfounded hyperbole, and I would suggest, asshattery. I'm telling you that if Carolina didn't hit 7 of 8 from 3 in the first half, this is a different game.

Sometimes that's how it is.

I'd have Yogi shoot every single time. Option 2 being just pound it to Bryant inside.

Wonder why Crean has decided not to use OG this half.

2nd half has been very disappointing. 1st I can attribute to Paige chucking some watthe****s that drained, soft rims, and some bad luck. This 2nd half, they've been straight beat and would be beat worse if it weren't for the Troy AndBullshit Mixtape tour providing the offensive spark.

I think Crean can't help but get his ass beat by Roy by 20+

Just for my education, what adjustments did Crean make that hurt IU?

None that I can see. Williams made a good one (telling his guys to get down hill or toss it into the paint and not rely on 3's), which amounts to a -1 for 'ol IU.

So when your playing awful defense to start with it hurts a little when they adjust to take advantage of you even more, and you do nothing. Honestly, the things IU needed to be good at are the things that get taught throughout the season. Not so much a failure of Crean at half time (because he's incapable of doing what needs to be done), and more so a failure of his defensive philosophy, in general.

It's just a little comical thinking, "Ok, everything went their way, it can't get much worse, right?"...and then it gets worse.

Was Carolina the better team? I think so. Did I expect IU to win, no, I did not.

But, what makes you think that they were "completely unprepared to play basketball"? This is unfounded hyperbole, and I would suggest, asshattery. I'm telling you that if Carolina didn't hit 7 of 8 from 3 in the first half, this is a different game.

At the midpoint in the second half it shows that UNC had hit two more 3s than IU.

To me it's the same old story. Poor defense. No ability to establish rhythm because of odd substitution patterns. Putting players in position to fail (like Morgan running the point, Troy being a primary ball handler).

I'd have Yogi shoot every single time. Option 2 being just pound it to Bryant inside.

Wonder why Crean has decided not to use OG this half.
I'm guessing because OG is hurt.

Ever consider that?

He rolled his ankle in the last game, and who knows how it felt today. I don't know, and neither do you.

Water finds its level. Be ready for a subpar shooting performance by UNC in the 2nd.
The D isn't good. It looks like the D that IU has played for the last few years.

You guys read that wrong. We actually did a decent job keeping UNC out of their game in that first half. Paige hit shots, and that's why UNC was leading but UNC didn't get to attack the rim and they didn't dominate the boards.

Paige hitting shots is not UNC's offense; Hicks, Meeks, and Johnson, is. They didn't have a very good first half..... you know, the guys kicking our asses in the 2nd half. We did well not to get blown out. Well, until now.

I was just reading this thread watching Cuse win on TV, and watching IU on my PC, and just had to say that because I was actually impressed wit our first half effort. To have Paige hitting 3's UNC usually rolls.

and this ...

What's silly is running with UNC. It's just dumb. We're going to give them 100+ ... So the answer to the question I posed earlier in the week is, "retarded".

Okay, go back to the game. Have fun. @Moops Duke also slowed the game down in the 2nd half.

From there you hope Yogi shows himself as the best player on the floor.

He's not.

None that I can see. Williams made a good one (telling his guys to get down hill or toss it into the paint and not rely on 3's), which amounts to a -1 for 'ol IU.

So when your playing awful defense to start with it hurts a little when they adjust to take advantage of you even more, and you do nothing. Honestly, the things IU needed to be good at are the things that get taught throughout the season. Not so much a failure of Crean at half time (because he's incapable of doing what needs to be done), and more so a failure of his defensive philosophy, in general.

It's just a little comical thinking, "Ok, everything went their way, it can't get much worse, right?"...and then it gets worse.
No, you initially said Crean's halftime adjustments sucked, and then that he made none. Which is it?

UNC didn't play good defense and IU failed to take example of it. We have no offensive philosophy to speak of, except for Yogi initiating everything and breaking guys down off the dribble. It doesn't work so well when he doesn't have the ball in his hands and is sitting in the corner while Troy or Hartman take it up top.

And yes, UNC hit shots, but they were largely uncontested. Most guys that shoot 35% can hit 60% in a gym when unguarded. The percentage drops when you're not guarded. IU didn't defend and they got hot early. If they missed a few early, they would've just started going to the paint earlier. It might've shaved a few points off the final score, but what does that matter?

At the midpoint in the second half it shows that UNC had hit two more 3s than IU.

To me it's the same old story. Poor defense. No ability to establish rhythm because of odd substitution patterns. Putting players in position to fail (like Morgan running the point, Troy being a primary ball handler).
Well, at that point, they were already in the double bonus, so why shoot 3's?

The difference was in the first half. Period.

I'm guessing because OG is hurt.

Ever consider that?

He rolled his ankle in the last game, and who knows how it felt today. I don't know, and neither do you.

Well. I said I wondered why. And given that OG us in now he must not be too hurt to play. So I'm still wondering why he didn't play more.

Well, at that point, they were already in the double bonus, so why shoot 3's?

The difference was in the first half. Period.
Will you please put your thumb up your ass and stop posting in this thread? Thanks

You guys read that wrong. We actually did a decent job keeping UNC out of their game in that first half. Paige hit shots, and that's why UNC was leading but UNC didn't get to attack the rim and they didn't dominate the boards.

Paige hitting shots is not UNC's offense; Hicks, Meeks, and Johnson, is. They didn't have a very good first half..... you know, the guys kicking our asses in the 2nd half. We did well not to get blown out. Well, until now.

I was just reading this thread watching Cuse win on TV, and watching IU on my PC, and just had to say that because I was actually impressed wit our first half effort. To have Paige hitting 3's UNC usually rolls.

and this ...

What's silly is running with UNC. It's just dumb. We're going to give them 100+ ... So the answer to the question I posed earlier in the week is, "retarded".

Okay, go back to the game. Have fun. @Moops Duke also slowed the game down in the 2nd half.

He's not.

Well, Williams was pissed at half because they didn't go inside. I'm not sure that was IU's doing so much as his players falling in love with their outside shooting (and it was falling for them).

No, you initially said Crean's halftime adjustments sucked, and then that he made none. Which is it?

Nothing is static in life or the game. Not making an adjustment at halftime is the same as making one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT